Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I wish. My cooking show quest idea would be wonderful. Everyone would hate it and it would take 60 years to make, but it'd be wonderful.
    So what I'm hearing is that our "friends" from Xoriat will be "improving" this year's Stormreach equivalent of MasterChef.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Kadrios View Post
    So what I'm hearing is that our "friends" from Xoriat will be "improving" this year's Stormreach equivalent of MasterChef.
    Featuring a totally legally distinct Medusa named "Gorgon Ramsey," yes.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Cool

Hey, Lynn, can't you just write the producer letter for them?

Well Sir Gordon will not be writing the letter as Cordo will have him banned (No idea why though )
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 13, 34, 68. Ozzugly 40, 36, 19, 36, 98. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12, 34. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Community Manager

We've said this before, but it's worth reiterating that the actual writing of the producer's letter is typically the easiest and shortest part of the process. We are close to being able to publish it, though! Still targeting the week of the anniversary.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I wish. My cooking show quest idea would be wonderful. Everyone would hate it and it would take 60 years to make, but it'd be wonderful.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa View Post
    Hey, Lynn, can't you just write the producer letter for them?
    As Cordovan says, the shortest part is writing it. Plus, I'm pretty deep in [REDACTED], which has to be done before I can even start thinking about making [REDACTED].
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

As Cordovan says, the shortest part is writing it. Plus, I'm pretty deep in [REDACTED], which has to be done before I can even start thinking about making [REDACTED].
    Oh, Lynn, as Malicia would say, "you are so delightfully naughty!"

Barbarbarian

Happy Valentine's Day you tease.
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

Well since we have a few weeks and this topic is going to be a place for comedy....

TOP 10 REASONS THE PRODUCER'S LETTER HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED

#10. Every day the plans change, so their is no point in writing anything until the day of the letter
    #9. Letter. Who reads these days?
    #8. Some angry mob grabbed the letter, and due to borked agro, it may never be seen again
    #7. Too busy working on the next Monk nerf
    #6. Too busy working on the next Warlock nerf
    #5. We are not sure who to nerf next
    #4. Sorry, was looking at cat memes. What were we talking about?
    #3. It's Valentines Day and there are better things to do
    #2. Lynnabel has taken over SSG and we no longer have a producer
    #1. It keeps getting lost during the TR process
    It's much easier to demonize those providing feedback (whining, childish, bringing the forums down, etc) or minimize their voice (small number, vocal, etc) than to accept the fact that the agro/stealth system just missed the mark.
    A good company learns to listen to their customers.

Bounty Hunter

To answer the OP's question, since they started talking about it in December about 2 words per day unless it's really short this year.

Default *looking around*

where is my violin / cheese & crackers / kleenex / Top 10 sad songs CD..........."gimme a few mins [goes into Dwarven-Rage] as I'm looking around"

seriously though , when you see it posted in DDO Forums doesn't that mean its completed and available for the OP to then degrade it??......not too say anyone EVER does that or a re-occuring theme

While you're on the 3 year design process, might as well have a random host chef:

Alton Brownie? or Alton Brown Bear?
    Rick Baylor
    Masaharu Manticoro
    Rakshasha Ray
    Jamie Owlbear
    Wolfgnoll Puck
    Bobby Mindflayer
    Nigella Lamia
    Jacques Phasm
    Ina Garten*
    Guy Efreeti
    Elemental Lagasse
    Julia Child of a Tarrasque

We asked Ina which monster she'd like to be and she asked why we need monster and she put a hat *backwards* on Jeffrey and said "he is your monster"

This list should kill 1 year of development time right? Down to just 2 years to get it in?
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

This is why I suggested in an earlier thread that SSG adhere to a firm annual date for the Producer's Letter. If Severlin released the Producer's Letter on January 30th every year without fail, this step would prevent all of the histrionics that surround its exact publication date every winter season. A January 30th release date would allow enough space for future plans to coalesce, the letter itself to be written, and then the letter to be circulated for approval while at the same time accounting for staff being mostly unavailable during the last few weeks of December.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We've said this before, but it's worth reiterating that the actual writing of the producer's letter is typically the easiest and shortest part of the process. We are close to being able to publish it, though! Still targeting the week of the anniversary.
    Should make it a forum contest. We all submit "producer's letters" and people vote on the ones they like best (and then they're officially ignored).

Barbarbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Should make it a forum contest. We all submit "producer's letters" and people vote on the ones they like best (and then they're officially ignored).
    ^^
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    That should have been in my top 10!
    It's much easier to demonize those providing feedback (whining, childish, bringing the forums down, etc) or minimize their voice (small number, vocal, etc) than to accept the fact that the agro/stealth system just missed the mark.
    A good company learns to listen to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    Seriously. The producer should not have to be pestered to appear once every six months out of his hole and inform its player base on the state of the game. I’m pretty sure Howard Hughes was even able to manage that with his company.

At this point the letter better be pretty special.
    Damn you folks really get worked up over a public statement. It's not a declaration of war or the cure to cancer folks.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Damn you folks really get worked up over a public statement. It's not a declaration of war or the cure to cancer folks.
    Maybe it is. We won't know till we read it.

I wonder who SSG would declare war on? Poland is a sound historical choice, but is a bit hackneyed. Xoriat? EA or Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    I wonder who SSG would declare war on? Poland is a sound historical choice, but is a bit hackneyed. Xoriat? EA or Blizzard?
    I vote for Belgium.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast