Community Member

Default Unusual startup problems

Hey,

At the beginning of the week, DDO has started playing up a bit when it comes to starting up. I'm using the preload v2 and have done so since starting. What has happened is the intro movie (which never played before unless clicked) now automatically plays and then turns all volume up to max in my audio settings at every start up. Has anyone else had this problem before? And is there a way to stop it?
    Also I get asked if I want to run in directx 11 in a windows pop up which started at the same time.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TinyAvain View Post
    Hey,

At the beginning of the week, DDO has started playing up a bit when it comes to starting up. I'm using the preload v2 and have done so since starting. What has happened is the intro movie (which never played before unless clicked) now automatically plays and then turns all volume up to max in my audio settings at every start up. Has anyone else had this problem before? And is there a way to stop it?
    Also I get asked if I want to run in directx 11 in a windows pop up which started at the same time.

cheers
    I have seen this if the UserPreferences.ini file gets corrupt, and it has to create a new one. That file has all your settings in it, including the one the specifies that you have seen the intro movie.

What I have started doing is make a backup of that and the ddo.keymap file, and then if it happens, copy the backup to the real location. I believe this is in your Documents folder.

You will have to go through all the initial setup again, unless you have a previous backup somewhere.

The client resets so to speak.
    It happens to me when I open a new client before the old one is closed all the way. Check your taskmanager and make sure the dnd process is closed. Takes about 30 seconds or so.

Good luck.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord Server: https://discord.gg/AK7RpVC | Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    I have seen this if the UserPreferences.ini file gets corrupt, and it has to create a new one. That file has all your settings in it, including the one the specifies that you have seen the intro movie.

What I have started doing is make a backup of that and the ddo.keymap file, and then if it happens, copy the backup to the real location. I believe this is in your Documents folder.

You will have to go through all the initial setup again, unless you have a previous backup somewhere.
    Ok, but is it possible if you can give me a step by step guide as I dont know what I am doing.

Unfortunately, I don't have a backup before this started happening.