Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    I was running 5 piece prowess, 2 piece treachery, and a single mp rare. This was personal preference as I'd forget to continue using the coffee for -threat and backing off targets to lose aggro just isn't in my nature.

    If your melee power is that much higher it's purely because of mythic/reaper gear bonuses or you're running Ring of Prowess (which I dumped for Band of Insightful Commands) - in which case you might be better off staying with what you have. My final Hide skill even wisdom based was 160 so I felt the difference between dex/wisdom in that regard was gonna be super small. But really, all said and done the DPS is gonna be just as good with a ton of gains and few losses.
    Non-Reaper Sexy Dexy Standing 144MP - (RO Prowess(8) + Fallen T4 bond(10) + Sentient fili setup(34-25=14))

    That's a difference of base 32MP you are leaving out, that does not include any mythic/reaper gearing. You can "fix" your sentient MP loss right now, but I think you're stuck with the 18MP loss (unless you sacrifice some other gear attributes; idk)

    MP is not everything to a build, but 32MP is a lot! I couldn't do what I do with 112MP.

    BoICommand does offer higher To Hit and +4 QDeadly, but at the loss of 8MP(RoP) and gear tetris shuffle. A while ago I tried the BoIC with a Fleetfoot neckie and Slaver ring CON/CON...it got close to 17kDPS. With RoP gear out, it hit 18.6k. That was a few months back at standing 120MP. I need to Bruntsmash test again, but I am fairly positive it tips over 20k.

    Helpless dmg is great, LoH is good, Will saves are good, KI is better than KtA, but due to limited gear-out, Reaper Tree spread, MP loss, SA loss, Crit Range loss, Hide loss; I'm fairly certain DEX (or STR) tempest would pull ahead considerably.

    Now I'm waiting for that one guy (probably plays a warlock) to reply in thread something about, "It's all about having fun, man...". Completely neutralizing our decent and rational discourse.

  2. #22
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    19,187

    Default

    Heh, I originally posted this thread to show a tempest build that would work well for a semi-casual player.

    I'm not mad at all that you guys took it over to discuss "Tier 1" tempest builds. It's a really good discussion with some excellent points.

    But note that I wrote out this build for people who don't have 12 racial APs, and 50-70 reaper APs, raid gear, easy access to LGS gear, 8 piece sentient sets, etc.

    The gear I listed is all easy to get from standard quests. The build can easily switch between Shadowdancer and Legendary Dreadnaught Epic Destinies.

    Any race will work, so this can be used for getting racial or iconic TRs (although halfling and Elf make the most sense, since this is a Dex-build)

    I do have a 5-piece prowess set, but have been working on other sets for my alts before adding more slots to my main.

    I only have 4 racial AP (and two of those are from a racial tome), I have 26 reaper AP, and limited raid gear. Legendary Shroud is not run very much any more in LFMs, so I won't be building any new Shroud weapons any time soon.

    With these limitations, this build is pretty solid. Able to solo R2-R3, and easily join groups running R5-R8 and contribute strongly.

    I soon should get Flow, and then I'll have to decide if I want to keep messing around with daggers and Vistani. I could still use Flow as off-hand, and stick with Vistani, but we'll see.

    I do enjoy your discussion.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 02-14-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, I originally posted this thread to show a tempest build that would work well for a semi-casual player.

    I'm not mad at all that you guys took it over to discuss "Tier 1" tempest builds. It's a really good discussion with some excellent points.

    But note that I wrote out this build for people who don't have 12 racial APs, and 50-70 reaper APs, raid gear, easy access to LGS gear, 8 piece sentient sets, etc.

    The gear I listed is all easy to get from standard quests. The build can easily switch between Shadowdancer and Legendary Dreadnaught Epic Destinies.

    Any race will work, so this can be used for getting racial or iconic TRs (although halfling and Elf make the most sense, since this is a Dex-build)

    I do have a 5-piece prowess set, but have been working on other sets for my alts before adding more slots to my main.

    I only have 4 racial AP (and two of those are from a racial tome), I have 26 reaper AP, and limited raid gear. Legendary Shroud is not run very much any more in LFMs, so I won't be building any new Shroud weapons any time soon.

    With these limitations, this build is pretty solid. Able to solo R2-R3, and easily join groups running R5-R8 and contribute strongly.

    I soon should get Flow, and then I'll have to decide if I want to keep messing around with daggers and Vistani. I could still use Flow as off-hand, and stick with Vistani, but we'll see.

    I do enjoy your discussion.
    I don't think we meant to maliciously hi-jack your intentions. I just have a long standing personal believe that if you can be great, then do that thing!
    Anyone can p*** on the floor, be a hero and s*** on the ceiling!

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Why are you taking weapon finess? Doesnt tempest already give you dex to hit/damage?

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Question2005 View Post
    Why are you taking weapon finess? Doesnt tempest already give you dex to hit/damage?
    You need it for rapiers. Flow is that good.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    You need it for rapiers. Flow is that good.
    To apply vulnerability you mean? Couldnt you do that with the Pain dagger too?

  7. #27
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    19,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Question2005 View Post
    Why are you taking weapon finess? Doesnt tempest already give you dex to hit/damage?
    Ah, you are correct that if you're going just with daggers and Tempest you don't need Weapon Finesse.

    But I take it to keep rapiers as an option. I have the room for the feat, and getting Improved Weapon Finesse in Deepwood Sniper is no sacrifice since it's on the way to Exposing Strike anyway.

    Flow is only good (compared to Pain) because of Guardbreaking. Defense against trash.

    FYI - you can use Flow in your off-hand if you wanted to, and still use Vistani abilities with a dagger in your main hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Question2005 View Post
    To apply vulnerability you mean? Couldnt you do that with the Pain dagger too?
    Imp. Wep Fin (DWS) allows Dex to Dmg.
    Tempest (Core 2) allows Dex to Hit with light weps(and scimmies).

    But Rapiers are not considered light weps, unless you take Wep Fin feat.

    Flow's guardbreaking is it's true power. Vuln is just gravy.
    Flow as off-hand is vastly superior to Pain dagger for mob trash, though it does require Wep Fin and IC: Pierce.
    Yes, it is that good...

  9. #29
    Community Member Assassination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Welcome to the....Swamp!
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Taxidi,

    I run a dexy tempest as well. Could you give me a break down on your melee power? I'm at a measly 79 on the ship, my sent weapon is only give me 18 which I know is a problem.... But am wondering where the other possible 64 pts are. I do not use ring of prowess, and am not aasimar. I have the 5 pc set, and armor set. Also my Ap spread is 6 human tree, 42temp/31dws/8haper. Thanks, enjoyed this thread.
    Last edited by Assassination; 04-16-2019 at 10:11 AM.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Taxidi,

    I run a dexy tempest as well. Could you give me a break down on your melee power? I'm at a measly 79 on the ship, my sent weapon is only give me 18 which I know is a problem.... But am wondering where the other possible 64 pts are. I do not use ring of prowess, and am not aasimar. I have the 5 pc set, and armor set. Also my Ap spread is 6 human tree, 42temp/31dws/8haper. Thanks, enjoyed this thread.
    Ring of Prowess = 8MP
    MainHand Sentient(All Rare) = 34MP; Prowess Set(10MP)+SP/OAM(4MP)+S. Punch(5MP+Set 5MP)+OAM(5MP+Set 5MP)
    Mist Set = 10MP
    Tempest tree(43) = 10MP
    Harper tree(10) = 1MP
    Aasimir tree(16) = 10MP
    DWS tree(26) = 0MP
    Epic Power(10) = 30MP
    Dreadnaught = 18MP
    Melee Tome(4) = 4MP
    Wep Focus Feat = 2MP
    Dread Adversary(41) = Base 3MP (+21MP in Reaper Mode)
    Misc. Equip Mythic/Reaper Bonus = 15MP

    Standing Base (minus Misc. Equip. bonuses) = 130MP
    Standing Base (w/ Misc. Equip. bonus) = 145MP on the ship
    Reaper Base (not blitzing) = 166MP

    With Human, Sentient setup and no RoP; you will lose Standing Base -34MP, putting you at 96MP.
    On the ship you *should* be close to 96MP, not including any random myth/Rpr equip. bonuses. Of course I do not know, but I would guess you may be missing;
    Tomes(-4MP), Wep Focus(-2MP), Reaper(-3MP), Harper tree(-1MP) and misc. equipment bonuses(+/-???); putting you in the area of Standing Base +/-86MP...So you must be missing -7MP from misc equipment for your observed Base 79MP. Sound about correct?

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Taxidiotis; 04-16-2019 at 01:38 PM.

  11. #31
    Community Member Assassination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Welcome to the....Swamp!
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload