Community Member

Default Festival ice upgrade on cosmetic headwear

Does anyone know if it works on the druid warpaint or other cosmetic headwear from the mysterious remnants vendor?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Question2005 View Post
    Does anyone know if it works on the druid warpaint or other cosmetic headwear from the mysterious remnants vendor?
    It -should-, but if you already have the item just see if it fits in the altar. I very vaguely remember it being mentioned that the bonuses fitting on cosmetic is not WAI, but only very vaguely and if it was I don't remember there being any specific mention of a timeline for it being fixed/changed.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Rog20 Mechanic | Nantekottai/Sovereign FvS | Ponoka - Sub || Hamsterwheel paused

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post
    It -should-, but if you already have the item just see if it fits in the altar. I very vaguely remember it being mentioned that the bonuses fitting on cosmetic is not WAI, but only very vaguely and if it was I don't remember there being any specific mention of a timeline for it being fixed/changed.
    It was a couple months ago that they finally came out on the forums and said it wasn't WAI (after years of silence whenever it came up)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    - We've said this in the past, but it is worth reiterating as it has been a while: Cosmetics are not supposed to be able to take any beneficial item properties, so if there's a cosmetic out there that does take a festival resist, that's a bug, and may be fixed in the future. Granted, it's clearly not a high priority fix, but it is a bug, and purchase decisions probably shouldn't be made against it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It was a couple months ago that they finally came out on the forums and said it wasn't WAI (after years of silence whenever it came up)
    Ah thanks that was the exact post I was after, probably fell off mind because the thread itself wasn't about cosmetics fitting festival bonuses specifically and I don't actually use any.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Rog20 Mechanic | Nantekottai/Sovereign FvS | Ponoka - Sub || Hamsterwheel paused

It is a safe bet that as SSG has confirmed this is not wai, and are talking about it, that this will not last long, and it will soon be fixed.

I would not spend time and effort on this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    It is a safe bet that as SSG has confirmed this is not wai, and are talking about it, that this will not last long, and it will soon be fixed.

Agreed. There is virtually no reason outside of you personally think doing repetitive tasks over and over again is fun to participate in this event. Sad actually.
    Ghallanda Server Banned Camp
    Main: Allimar

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post

If you're good at the skating event and can get the Resistance 10 recipes, you'll be able to sell them for a good amount of shards.

Other than that, there really isn't any point in this event once you've gotten yourself up to 7 fire and 7 cold resistance (which is not too hard even if it does get nerfed in a few months)
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful