Community Member

Default PVP needs REWARDS

There is no rewards for PVP in this game besides eprops and generally negative karma and reputation. You should be rewarded for killing other players, just saying. But Standing Stone Games appears to be in the business of selling bunny ears instead of making PVP exciting and rewarding. The original DDO designers did intend to enable PVP in this game otherwise there wouldn't be the tavern brawl and PVP arenas.

Put PVP balance to the side for a moment and think about the PVP rewards SSG should be adding to the game. Should they be purely cosmetic or should they be stuff like tomes, XP, items/gear/skills you can also use in PVE etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Politician View Post
    There is no rewards for PVP ....
    WAI.

And since you're here in the protected zone, I will simply remind you of your own words thrown at another forumite just a bit ago...

Quit spamming the forums with your attention-seeking topics.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

. But Standing Stone Games appears to be in the business of selling bunny ears instead of making PVP exciting and rewarding. The original DDO designers did intend to enable PVP in this game otherwise there wouldn't be the tavern brawl and PVP arenas.
    not sure if u knew it but... oh surprise! SSG is just a new brand name for Turbine, so no, the didn't intend to enable PVP, it just happens that when DDO was released there were more players, so the chance of having ppl with e-peen complex was higher, that's why they put the tavern brawl and pvp arenas

just a tiny example, what cordovan posted in 2016 to explain what was happening cause ppl could think weird things

"The Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online have been acquired by Standing Stone Games, a newly-formed independent game studio made up of the same groups that have been working on LOTRO and DDO for years." <---- that's why you would go to turbine support pages... til today? or did they finally "fixed" it? XD

i think that you may have that part and well... if u check the original game... well, in a game u're supposed to play with ppl around you, saying something like "hey let's make a pvp tournament" would prolly qualify for the farwin awards of history, not year, you would directly jump to history
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Put PVP balance to the side for a moment and think about the PvP rewards SSG should be adding to the game. Should they be purely cosmetic or should they be stuff like tomes, XP, items/gear/skills you can also use in PVE etc.
    If* rewards are ever put in for PVP, they should be purely cosmetic. Make them unique and awesome looking, sure... but nothing that will ever impact the PvE part of the game.

*IMHO, no rewards of any type, cosmetic or no, are needed or required. PvP is fine as-is: an afterthought of an afterthought.

Edit: As for the "original DDO designers intended there to be PvP". No. No, they didn't. They argued against it all through the closed beta. They only bowed to player pressure around update 3 or 4, after many players said DDO would die a quick death if it didn't have PvP because WoW did. So, they added the pits. They added Death Match and Capture the Flag a few years after.
    But, as far as the original vision of DDO goes - PvP wasn't in it.
    Last edited by Memnir; 02-07-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

There is no rewards for PVP in this game besides eprops and generally negative karma and reputation. You should be rewarded for killing other players, just saying. But Standing Stone Games appears to be in the business of selling bunny ears instead of making PVP exciting and rewarding. The original DDO designers did intend to enable PVP in this game otherwise there wouldn't be the tavern brawl and PVP arenas.

Put PVP balance to the side for a moment and think about the PVP rewards SSG should be adding to the game. Should they be purely cosmetic or should they be stuff like tomes, XP, items/gear/skills you can also use in PVE etc.
    pvp in a cooperative class based pve game?

So, a Darwin award then?

Central Time - Contact me whenever! (Sarlona Server)

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    pvp in a cooperative class based pve game?

So, a Darwin award then?
    I agree,

Pvp in a game where people work together is not the best. It would make the came too competitive and nobody would want to help one another achieve their goals. Many people would be getting upset and some people will take it too far...

My fellow friends and guildies use the PvP areas to test our characters and abilities on one another to see what we could improve on.

I do not believe that SSG will develop more into PvP because they are trying to get people together, not split them apart. Many pvp games are competitive, and do not have the "quest" structure of DDO. I think that nobody would use the PvP reward system if it came out anyway. Since Sharn is coming to DDO very soon (or already has), many people will be learning that.

So, to sum that all up: PvP should not be a thing in DDO, as it will become too competitive. DDO is a "players versus computer", not a Player versus Player".
    Sarlona - Wolfgame (2), Deviltron (18), Aylaro (17), Fladeshield (15).

Community Member

Go play another game.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef 1 x heroic completionist (+a few more pl's) 1 x epic completionist, and some iconic and racial pl's
    Server Thelanis