View Poll Results: Special Ability!

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Using your Smite Evil also applies a Greater Restoration effect to you.

7 3.38%
  • Using Turn Undead also deals additional Light and Fire damage to surrounding enemies.

8 3.86%
  • Light Spells you cast increase your Fire SP, and Fire Spells you cast increase your Light SP.

3 1.45%
  • If you are Lawful Good, you benefit from Resistance to Alignment Damage.

10 4.83%
  • Killing an Evil monster grants you increased attack and damage for a short time.

71 34.30%
  • Dying also causes a large explosion around you, significantly damaging all foes.

32 15.46%
  • This item is indestructible.

4 1.93%
  • You are granted additional MRR based on your Religious Lore.

72 34.78%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    So the poll ended what 2 days ago? Will there be anymore voting or is it done?
    Thanks for reminding me to make a quick recap post! Thanks for participating in this experiment, everyone

The Item:
    Slot: Goggles
    Primary Stat Focus: Wis and Con
    Theme: Honor and Justice
    Special Ability: You are granted additional MRR based on your Religious Lore.

You'll see this item in more detail when Sharn's itemization heads to Lamannia at some point before its release, and I look forward to your feedback!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Default Which classes get religious lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Thanks for reminding me to make a quick recap post! Thanks for participating in this experiment, everyone

The Item:
    Slot: Goggles
    Primary Stat Focus: Wis and Con
    Theme: Honor and Justice
    Special Ability: You are granted additional MRR based on your Religious Lore.

You'll see this item in more detail when Sharn's itemization heads to Lamannia at some point before its release, and I look forward to your feedback!
    I'm guessing only Favored Souls, Clerics and Paladins get religious lore. So will this item then essentially be class specific to these?

Quote Originally Posted by Paisheng View Post
    I'm guessing only Favored Souls, Clerics and Paladins get religious lore. So will this item then essentially be class specific to these?
    And Bards! Bards get all the lore.... Muahah.

Community Member

Considering the choices for week 4 were pigeon-holed for these classes, I d say yes.

Shame.

Don't forget Con and Wisdom, so that knocks bards out. Also Honor and Justice, so primarily for paladins.

Unfortunate indeed two 1 vote diff discarded.... MRR... already many sources of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpai View Post
    There's also the fact that week 2's poll has 97 CON votes and 93 WIS votes, with the result being that WIS and CON won in a tie. That set an implied condition precedent that if two options were neck and neck and far ahead of all the other options it would be counted as a tie, which was then further supported with

which implied that, much like in week 2 with

week 3 decisively splitting the community and having massive interest in two options, with an even smaller gap between the two of them than there was week 2 between CON and WIS, would result in a tie and cause both options to come into play week 4.
    (the percentage difference between CON and WIS was 3x greater than the percentage difference between Honor&Justice and Body&Mind; the numerical difference was 4x greater; and for vaccuum percentages the difference between CON and WIS was 2.5x greater than between H&J and B&M)
    Indeed the voting rules weren't very clear and + interpreted results differing between round 1 and 2+3.... I hope they add that to their lessons learned for the next batch of "create your own items". The back to back 1 vote wins seem also somewhat suspicious.... especially seeing as both times a surge appeared in the last couple of hours to tip the balance. Hopefully they check against duplicate IPs and fake 'no toon' accounts. Which is not to take away from the great idea of the poll, What is done is done, but there's always a do better next time. It'd be a shame if a few unethical people succeeded in tipping the balance.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by John3000 View Post
    The back to back 1 vote wins seem also somewhat suspicious.... especially seeing as both times a surge appeared in the last couple of hours to tip the balance.
    The surges at the end are, at least in part, byproducts of tactical voting in an open result poll. People (including myself admittedly) often hold off on voting for 4-6 days to see which 2 options will be the most likely contenders in the final hours and then pick which one of the two they find "least bad", instead of picking one out of 8 on day one.
    I would have hopped on the explosion train (for the potential to have hilarious "EE/R1/R10 raid, everyone only has goggles equipped, no attacking, no offensive spells" runs being posted in Achievements - IF the numbers on the explosion would have even been viable) or the indestructible train (mostly in protest/out of spite) if either of those got enough votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Don't forget Con and Wisdom, so that knocks bards out. Also Honor and Justice, so primarily for paladins.
    Just you wait till I reveal my new throw your weight around swashbuckling mass frog birdbuild.
    Selvera: Dwarf Barbarian 13; Dwarf pastlives are going to take me a long time.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 16; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Drow Fvs 15/ Monk 5/Epic 10; Ninja Healer

Community Member

Don't be offended, but this thread seems like pandering to me.

I think we'd be much better served by a discussion of what gearing problems there are for popular/archetypal builds at cap. Depending on how that goes, SSG might also run another one later to talk about gearing while levelling.

Threads like this won't produce a significant and lasting improvement to the game, whereas other approaches to a discussion about gearing may do that. This seems far more about garnering some personal popularity and mutual appreciation than obtaining real improvements.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    Just you wait till I reveal my new throw your weight around swashbuckling mass frog birdbuild.
    Can't wait for it
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

Not sure why people are complaining. This is only 1 item and it was fun to be able to say we were a small part of the design.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpai View Post
    The surges at the end are, at least in part, byproducts of tactical voting in an open result poll. People (including myself admittedly) often hold off on voting for 4-6 days to see which 2 options will be the most likely contenders in the final hours and then pick which one of the two they find "least bad", instead of picking one out of 8 on day one.
    I would have hopped on the explosion train (for the potential to have hilarious "EE/R1/R10 raid, everyone only has goggles equipped, no attacking, no offensive spells" runs being posted in Achievements - IF the numbers on the explosion would have even been viable) or the indestructible train (mostly in protest/out of spite) if either of those got enough votes.
    i can say, for sure, i am the one who put honor and justice ahead and the draw between wis and con, that's called tactical bombing, but i don't use it in AH don't worry

in the mrr side i couldn't wait because i wasn't sure if i could be there

did any1 notice that you can vote yet in previous polls? i mean, someone posted the difference between con and wis increased, when... well, the results were already published xD
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345