View Poll Results: Special Ability!

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Using your Smite Evil also applies a Greater Restoration effect to you.

7 3.38%
  • Using Turn Undead also deals additional Light and Fire damage to surrounding enemies.

8 3.86%
  • Light Spells you cast increase your Fire SP, and Fire Spells you cast increase your Light SP.

3 1.45%
  • If you are Lawful Good, you benefit from Resistance to Alignment Damage.

10 4.83%
  • Killing an Evil monster grants you increased attack and damage for a short time.

71 34.30%
  • Dying also causes a large explosion around you, significantly damaging all foes.

32 15.46%
  • This item is indestructible.

4 1.93%
  • You are granted additional MRR based on your Religious Lore.

72 34.78%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The MRR option should have also increased the MRR cap by character level.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Using your Smite Evil also applies a Greater Restoration effect to you.
    At first glance I really liked this. Then I realized that the times I want a Greater Restore I'm probably either helpless or not in a position to maximize a smite use.

Using Turn Undead also deals additional Light and Fire damage to surrounding enemies.
    When I Turn Undead, I'm really hoping to just kill them outright, but significant damage would be a nice bonus. Unfortunately, Turn Undead loses it's usefulness so quickly it's not worth building for.

Light Spells you cast increase your Fire SP, and Fire Spells you cast increase your Light SP.
    Don't FvS already get this in an enhancement? I know it already exists somewhere...

If you are Lawful Good, you benefit from Resistance to Alignment Damage.
    Too niche.

Killing an Evil monster grants you increased attack and damage for a short time.
    A lot of monsters will qualify, so I can see why this leads the vote count. However, it's power creepy and kind of boring. I really hope it doesn't win.

Dying also causes a large explosion around you, significantly damaging all foes.
    I know some people I'd love to see wearing this :P Depending on the damage, it could introduce a new strategy in high reapers. Ultimately, though, it's not my favorite.

This item is indestructible.
    I'll suck it up and pay my repair bill, thank you very much.

You are granted additional MRR based on your Religious Lore.
    It's about time those Lore abilities mattered. It meshes well with current tank builds and Killing Time, and it's generally useful everywhere. I'll take it! Hopefully...
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draxis View Post
    Personally I'd prefer the more class-agnostic option of 'Killing an Evil monster grants you increased attack and damage for a short time.'
    With you on that one, tho in all reality it's already pretty heavily skewed towards Cleric/FS/Pal by theme and stats. At least if the bonuses are generic it can be used on Monk/Falc/Druid as well.

The death effect thing... just no. I do enough Raise Dead/Resurrection spamming on certain players... The last thing we want is to encourage them to die more. Can't see how a suicide bomber set up would be beneficial to the game state. Nor why goggles tied with honor and justice would make you explode on death. . . unless of course that's part of your religion and code of honor. *cough*

MRR is... meh. I guess it's fine for a tank item but it would be pretty disappointing if a community item literally turned out to just be another stat stick for tanks.

The other options are just not that good. Smite evil, Turn Undead, Light-Fire Casters, Lawful Good, Religious Lore... all are pretty strict sets of users. Item is indestructible... is this really a concern on an item that is going to be bound in some way and can't take permanent damage? Cough up the tiny amount of plat to repair and call it good.
    Last edited by Xezom; 02-11-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    I'm a Bard... I don't just take down enemies... I do it with style!... oh and lots of Music Buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xezom View Post
    With you on that one, tho in all reality it's already pretty heavily skewed towards Cleric/FS/Pal by theme and stats. At least if the bonuses are generic it can be used on Monk/Falc/Druid as well.

The death effect thing... just no. I do enough Raise Dead/Resurrection spamming on certain players... The last thing we want is to encourage them to die more. Can't see how a suicide bomber set up would be beneficial to the game state. Nor why goggles tied with honor and justice would make you explode on death. . . unless of course that's part of your religion and code of honor. *cough*

MRR is... meh. I guess it's fine for a tank item but it would be pretty disappointing if a community item literally turned out to just be another stat stick for tanks.

The other options are just not that good. Smite evil, Turn Undead, Light-Fire Casters, Lawful Good, Religious Lore... all are pretty strict sets of users. Item is indestructible... is this really a concern on an item that is going to be bound in some way and can't take permanent damage? Cough up the tiny amount of plat to repair and call it good.
    ok, make it... "if you die avoiding other players death (eating 1 arrow, some fireball interception) you make a crackadoom that makes mobs cry, and they stay there, helpless, crying for the loss of that awesome heroe (ofc it should have a leroy jenkins animation, even if leroy is a fake, the animation would be not)"
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    But... I voted for that one.

SSG Employees are Excluded from these polls. :P i feel like lynnabel forgot to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

We're close to having a tie again; we should try to make it exact this time and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

MRR is a weakness for most builds that get religious lore feats. That's a nice one. And it doesn't require you to worry about who kills stuff in a party to be beneficial. I remember when blitz was based on kills. Ugh. I hate DPS that is death dependent.

Also, I'd prefer an option that isn't a boon to Monks or Warlocks. No need to buff the current meta with this item.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

We need more support of lore feats overall in the game.

Apparently the Clerics, fvs, paladins, and bards really wanted MRR.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Amém.
    Ballrus
    Outlander
    Ghallanda

Community Member

More so the Cleric, FVS, and Paladins. Since the MRR option looks to scale with the number of Religious Lore feats you have it's only half as effective on bards as the other three. And personally, as a Bard main I wouldn't touch a Wis/Con set of goggles. Wisdom isn't very useful to most Bards. At least not to the same degree as the three aforementioned classes who use Wis as either a caster stat or SP stat. On a bard at best it's a save stat... tho Force of Personality feat is more than enough to offset any of the defensive bonuses you would get to will saves.

Not to mention you're giving up your goggle slot for a splash stat which is one of two places you can naturally pick up/craft up to +9 evocation/enchantment focus. If the ratio is 1:1 as I suspect it will be, you're going to gain a whopping 10 MRR as a Bard. I can't imagine they'll go any higher than that as it would be ridiculously high for Clerics/FS/Paladins... I can see them going lower tho.

Long and short of it. Don't think it'd be all that great on a Bard even with the access to religious lore.
    I'm a Bard... I don't just take down enemies... I do it with style!... oh and lots of Music Buffs.

More so the Cleric, FVS, and Paladins. Since the MRR option looks to scale with the number of Religious Lore feats you have it's only half as effective on bards as the other three. And personally, as a Bard main I wouldn't touch a Wis/Con set of goggles. Wisdom isn't very useful to most Bards. At least not to the same degree as the three aforementioned classes who use Wis as either a caster stat or SP stat. On a bard at best it's a save stat... tho Force of Personality feat is more than enough to offset any of the defensive bonuses you would get to will saves.

Not to mention you're giving up your goggle slot for a splash stat which is one of two places you can naturally pick up/craft up to +9 evocation/enchantment focus. If the ratio is 1:1 as I suspect it will be, you're going to gain a whopping 10 MRR as a Bard. I can't imagine they'll go any higher than that as it would be ridiculously high for Clerics/FS/Paladins... I can see them going lower tho.

Long and short of it. Don't think it'd be all that great on a Bard even with the access to religious lore.
    Yes I know bard doesnt get full. I also know they generally wear light armor which caps it at 100 MRR. But this going to religious lore essentially limits this item to a very minor part of the community.

Yes I know bard doesnt get full. I also know they generally wear light armor which caps it at 100 MRR. But this going to religious lore essentially limits this item to a very minor part of the community.
    Not sure if this is going to be totally useless or not. I would say allowing it to also increase the MRR cap by your character level would be enough to make it more appealing. If there isn't a comparable tank set in Sharn to the "Legendary Knight of Shadows" tank set (which requires goggles to get the set bonus) then I'm afraid that you are correct. But hey this is where we've ended up democratically speaking. Not everyone gets what they want/need at the end of it.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    Not sure if this is going to be totally useless or not. I would say allowing it to also increase the MRR cap by your character level would be enough to make it more appealing. If there isn't a comparable tank set in Sharn to the "Legendary Knight of Shadows" tank set (which requires goggles to get the set bonus) then I'm afraid that you are correct. But hey this is where we've ended up democratically speaking. Not everyone gets what they want/need at the end of it.
    I agree with every single point. Also, other classes could use it that aren't tanks like the Favored Soul or Cleric. This would help those classes from being shot down from casters targeted onto them. I'd say Warlock but there is a cap for robe and light armor.
    "A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."
    Never underestimate the power of wizards and their dc's. Achieved 101 sustained, 116 situational.

Community Member

We're not in disagreement then :P I think the 1 vote that put the MRR option over the other made this item almost so niche that from this point it doesn't matter what else is on it, it's going to be a FVS/Cleric/Pal item which is sad that the community item is going to end up so bland.

Definitely think the Lore feats need something to make them actually useful outside the handful of Eveningstar quests that use them, but this isn't exactly how I would recommend doing it. Makes items class locked even harder than needing to overcome UMD scores.

Community Member

We're not in disagreement then :P I think the 1 vote that put the MRR option over the other made this item almost so niche that from this point it doesn't matter what else is on it, it's going to be a FVS/Cleric/Pal item which is sad that the community item is going to end up so bland.

Definitely think the Lore feats need something to make them actually useful outside the handful of Eveningstar quests that use them, but this isn't exactly how I would recommend doing it. Makes items class locked even harder than needing to overcome UMD scores.
    This is not for you monk we won fair and square, not back to tanking r10 with you and the broken game mechanics that allow you to do so!

yup, because community was so focused in making it a monk item that ppl who wanted whatever other than more monk goodies had to gather under the closest umbrella they could find

it doesn't matter how useless the item will be, it will be not as useless as another item making monk over the top, i mean, i think we have had enough years of monkiness, even warlock in the golden era was close to it... however was easier to build for noobs, but not even close to it

seriously, wis being so much time as 1st option was making stuff way too obvious lol

keep the good work lynnabel! at least we know u will be able to release 1 item that won't need a nerf after 1 week XD
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    yup, because community was so focused in making it a monk item that ppl who wanted whatever other than more monk goodies had to gather under the closest umbrella they could find
    Hey!!! I tried to make it go boom. Would much rather a fun item instead of a power creep. Although the only thing I voted on that won in the 4 weeks so far has been con >.>

Is there going to be more polls though? Item: Goggles Stats: Con/Wis Special ability: Religious lore to MRR(Max 20!) I see room for minimal 1 more poll max 4...(prefix(con), suffix(wis), extra, extra(prolly the special?), augment slot)

Killing an Evil monster grants you increased attack and damage for a short time.

So the poll ended what 2 days ago? Will there be anymore voting or is it done?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast