View Poll Results: Special Ability!

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Using your Smite Evil also applies a Greater Restoration effect to you.

7 3.38%
  • Using Turn Undead also deals additional Light and Fire damage to surrounding enemies.

8 3.86%
  • Light Spells you cast increase your Fire SP, and Fire Spells you cast increase your Light SP.

3 1.45%
  • If you are Lawful Good, you benefit from Resistance to Alignment Damage.

10 4.83%
  • Killing an Evil monster grants you increased attack and damage for a short time.

71 34.30%
  • Dying also causes a large explosion around you, significantly damaging all foes.

32 15.46%
  • This item is indestructible.

4 1.93%
  • You are granted additional MRR based on your Religious Lore.

72 34.78%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Paisheng View Post
    This what you posted prior to being informed by another forumite that honor and justice won by a singular vote:
    Ah, yeah, that does sound like me calling it ahead of time. At the time - given that the poll was ongoing and I was responding to someone claiming that it would tie again - I figured it was clear that I was more reacting to the current events rather than giving a final call. For reference, the poll did have a close date, and this one does too. Check below the poll's title

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpai View Post
    4 Honor and Justice effects, 2 Fire and Brimstone, 1 Pain and Suffering, and 1 effect that made its way out of the garbage can somehow. Nothing for the 31% who were 1/200th off of being in the plurality for most votes.
    All of the options in the poll were from my Honor and Justice list - which ideally cover a wide spread across the alignment-focused classes. I would hardly consider light and fire anything but Divine focused

As a quick aside, you are making a lot of assumptions with the actual numerical implementation of this effect suite :P The last time my notes said "big ol' lightning strike on hit" it ended up being quite a few d100s worth of damage, and that was on an item whose proc shows up far more frequent than something on death.

Also, not to spoil Sharn too much, but "it's called a garbage can, not a garbage can't!"
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 02-06-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

'Dying also causes a large explosion around you, significantly damaging all foes.'

Hmmm... that reads like a guard effect. Useful on casual but non-scaling and worthless at higher diffs.

Though exploding on death seems cool and shouldn't be happening often (less on higher diffs with death timers). Might be cooler to have the affect be a dire-charge like stun on death with flamestrike sized area with DC based on your highest attribute (or highest of wisdom & con only to fit with the attribute theme - or highest of wisdom+con to teach people to get stuck in ties).

So I voted for the killing enemies bumps up your attack and damage one.
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

Community Member

I vote mmr evil monster is too limited

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Ah, yeah, that does sound like me calling it ahead of time. At the time - given that the poll was ongoing and I was responding to someone claiming that it would tie again - I figured it was clear that I was more reacting to the current events rather than giving a final call.
    Nope. You called it so I didn't vote.

Had you not done that, I would have chosen Mind & Body.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    Nope. You called it so I didn't vote.

Had you not done that, I would have chosen Mind & Body.
    Gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to mislead you at all. I had assumed the end date on the poll itself - visible just below the poll's title in white text - would help people know when the voting period was and if they were still able to vote. This poll also has an end date, so hopefully you can make your choice before next week
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to mislead you at all. I had assumed the end date on the poll itself - visible just below the poll's title in white text - would help people know when the voting period was and if they were still able to vote. This poll also has an end date, so hopefully you can make your choice before next week
    I made my choice just now. Thanks.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Huh. Apparently polls have titles.

Learn something new every day. Maybe someone else has the end date as the same barely visible grey as I do for titles.
    Hi Welcome

Somewhere in the depths of the minds who can see it.

equipping item allows you to view ddo in a new game engine w/o outdated graphics from 13 years ago. This item directly ports you to DDO 2. *goggles slot*. giggle
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Magnusss Arcanum of Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Why do people think "on death" effects are useful?
    Why you think they think it's useful?

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Why do people think "on death" effects are useful?
    It's not really a secret but I guess since people really don't know:

Full party, everyone with a Jibbers blade, the ability to cast Quickened Raise Dead, and Reborn in Light from Exalted Angel
    Gather up every single mob in the dungeon. Leave no man behind. If you run a dungeon without it being at Red Alert, you're doing it wrong.
    Toss out some AoE attacks or whatever I guess, get some chip damage in while you wait for the main event
    Everyone dies, explodes, rezzes themselves and everyone else several times to die and explode several more times

Assuming the numbers on this thing will actually be relevant (ie. each character does 15k+ damage to each enemy each explosion) a raid group with the bare minimum of cycling does 1mil to every single enemy in range and doing it properly will output legitimate dps by doing nothing but dying and rezzing.
    Hi Welcome

I'm voting for the death explosion just because that'd be utterly unique in the game as far as I know. It would pair well with a Death Pact clickie and make a STAGGERINGLY unique and cool and weird item.

Of course, everyone's going to vote for the boring "moar dps" option. :P

Community Member

Killing an Evil monster grants you increased attack and damage for a short time.

Because we need better itemization for Warpriests. Their enhancement pass was not really enough

I'd go even further with this idea and make it stronger, but only apply to Favored weapons. Means Falconry Monks and Druids get left out, but honestly they're already near the top of the heap.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpai View Post
    It's not really a secret but I guess since people really don't know:

Full party, everyone with a Jibbers blade, the ability to cast Quickened Raise Dead, and Reborn in Light from Exalted Angel
    Gather up every single mob in the dungeon. Leave no man behind. If you run a dungeon without it being at Red Alert, you're doing it wrong.
    Toss out some AoE attacks or whatever I guess, get some chip damage in while you wait for the main event
    Everyone dies, explodes, rezzes themselves and everyone else several times to die and explode several more times

Assuming the numbers on this thing will actually be relevant (ie. each character does 15k+ damage to each enemy each explosion) a raid group with the bare minimum of cycling does 1mil to every single enemy in range and doing it properly will output legitimate dps by doing nothing but dying and rezzing.
    Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv5e-40ct6M

We've got explosives! KABOOM!!!

Ohhh its beautiful!!

------------------

This proc needs to sit on the shelf until playable Kobolds and be custom built for their Iconic

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Hello, all! Week 3 brought us Honor and Justice as the theme, Week 2 brought us Wisdom and Constitution, and Week 1 brought us Goggles. So, vote above for which special and unique ability the Goggles will have!

The Item so Far:
    Slot: Goggles
    Primary Stat Focus: Wis and Con
    Theme: Honor and Justice

Save the damage on death effect types for augments.............. good idea but bad idea for anything but augments, pet equipment, or set bonuses to contain.

Please on-death explosion. Please.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Special Ability!

Special ability: A squirrel will burst out of the chest of each slain enemy to join you in battle (Each squirrel lasts 10 minutes before departing, squirrels are immortal and can't be slain)

Voted for the killing, but instead of killing I'd rather see it as "on damage".
    Also would like to see a small increase in universal spell power, but that is probably stretching it too much.

Would rather have something like the Abbot Diadem does but for damage casting.

ie: Casting {typeof} damage spell increases {typeof} spell crit and spell crit multiplier.

Example:
    stack adds unique bonus to +2 crit% + 10% critX, stacks to 3 times.

Would be nice to get another profane bonus to spell power as well outside of the loft set.
    Which house? Share plz!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talonthedruid View Post
    Please dont vote for the one about damage when you die... i dont want an effect that only has a use when i die. Basically means you plan on dying, which is suboptimal.
    Or optimal; which would be even worse.
    If it did, say, 200K damage all around it could be fastest to bring a boss -and certainly groups of mobs- down by suiciding into them. Imagine the gameplay of running a raid with 2 rezzers and 10 suicide bombers...

I don't think such a mechanic can hit a sweet spot between useless and cheesy OP.

Well, seems like someone used sock-puppet accounts to rig the poll to something in their favor.
    Also, please enclose that an option must win by a significant amount.

Btw, thought you already did put a disclosure that final decisions might be something else then what was voted for.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast