Default Festivals and events. What’s the point?

Risia is a GIANT waste of time. Nothing in it is even remotely ok outside I guess if people want white abisahai cookies for the hidden bonus of eating the whole set.

Cold birat in this day and age? That’s like level 4 stuff. The resists are nice to out on cosetics but the devs said that’s a bug and might even be fixed, and if it isn’t, it soon will be.

Mabar at least has some xp attached and cosmetics and festival bonus augments. Crystal cove has a few items that are ok. The egg hunt doesn’t even exist anymore. And now the anniversary event gets nerfs.

None of this sits well with me. If you are not going to put out quality product, then don’t do one. This looks awful for the game and devs.

Or, maybe, some people enjoy playing the events?
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Mid-winter still provide icy-burst kit for my low-ml vorpal repeater/GxB/Shury. Anniversary still provide Kobold Sentient gem for f2p. It's all.

Of course, i don't run mid-winter myself, because kit and snow motes much faster and easy can be bought from AH. Mebbe i run anniversary for some more gem because still not have RL expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    Or, maybe, some people enjoy playing the events?
    I would like to tell that it is a good joke, but I will keep silent because it's bad.

The wife loves to skate the frozen river in Evening Star.
    Icy kits are still very nice additions to low level vorpals.

Recipe 20 still gives the best low level summons (usable at level 1 ) in the game that stays viable up till about level 8 ( Level 10 Snow Elemental ).
    Through the years she has made many of the 10 cast elemental gems and we still have over 400 castings of them.

We actually enjoy and participate in all of the events.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Fun?

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Default Actually. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The wife loves to skate the frozen river in Evening Star.
    Icy kits are still very nice additions to low level vorpals.

Recipe 20 still gives the best low level summons (usable at level 1 ) in the game that stays viable up till about level 8 ( Level 10 Snow Elemental ).
    Through the years she has made many of the 10 cast elemental gems and we still have over 400 castings of them.

We actually enjoy and participate in all of the events.
    I believe that the best low level summons, usable at level 1, is the Shard Trinket of Summon Monster VII, a CR 12 monster, obtainable from turn in of Medium Eberron Shards.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Shard_Trink...on_Monster_VII

I like to skate around Eveningstar. I've never really enjoyed the ski-jumping in harbor but my son and my hubby enjoy it. I love, love, love the snowy weather, and snow on the airship, and snowy weather dragged into unusual locales like Gianthold. I'd like a Winter-themed challenge quest. Someone mentioned altering the Tower of Frost for just such a purpose and that sounded neat to me. I still think it would be a pleasant little Easter Egg to see Theobald in the harbor enjoying the snow during Risia. He shouldn't have to be doing anything special, maybe just have some unique dialogue for the occasion.

Saekee has a Risia/Midwinter suggestion thread with many great ideas to update these events and make them attractive again.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...pes?highlight=

We all know Mabar/Night Revels are the devs favorite event because that one sees new additions and new items nearly every year. It would be nice to see a little love to the Winter events after all this time.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Most of these events are legacy. Sure some could use some touch up, but it's not like you're forced to play them.

What's the point of playing DDO?
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Sunny Cleric (transient) | Nantekottai/Stuck in TR (again) | Ponoka - Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by charliecharlie View Post
    I believe that the best low level summons, usable at level 1, is the Shard Trinket of Summon Monster VII, a CR 12 monster, obtainable from turn in of Medium Eberron Shards.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Shard_Trink...on_Monster_VII

wow I never knew that, seems this game still has a lot for me to learn. I guess I don't do enough reading!

Is there a good way of getting Med shards, they are probably the only thing I buy on the AH. I have probably found 1 in years of playing.
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Community Member

CL1 craftable trinket not doing it for you?

I've been waiting all year for this event just so I can get my alts some real trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by charliecharlie View Post
    I won't deny they're good to have for lower levels but the snowmen can be a bit more accessible - the shards are harder to find for yourself & tend to be very expensive in the AH plus they can also be turned in for a greater restoration trinket which can be a real lifesaver in many places; being able to UMD a scroll is all well and good until you've got enough negative levels that your UMD skill isn't up to the job any more.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 02-07-2019 at 05:37 AM.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

TLDR;

Risia event needs a loot/reward update.

Ideas:

- Icy filigrees (maybe with the double stat thingy like from ToFs)
    - New Icy themed augments, Freezing Ice into Orange slot, Ice vulnerability stack builder into Red slot?
    - +1 DC or spell level augment for Ice typed spells.
    - New bluish tint for glowing eyes cosmetic?
    - Other cosmetics
    - Roll a d20 for skill tomes?
    - Roll some dice for exp?
    - Exp potions?
    - Craftable boots with static effect: immunity to slippery surfaces.

Default The point? My guess is...

It is a grindy way of taking a break from the grind.

Corner Merchants Forums: http://corner-merchants.forumotion.com/