Community Member

Default Looking for guild for solo low level characters on Gallanda

I apologize in advance if I've screwed any of this up like typos or even entirely screwed up sentences because it's 5 am and I've not had any sleep yet. My dog wouldn't let me accomplish that task. He may actually sleep now, but I have a doctor's appointment at 8:30, "get up" time at 7:00, so I might as well not bother napping.
    Hi! I played the game about, oh, I have to say it might have been 10 years ago for about six months before I stopped playing. My son started playing a couple of weeks ago (he got interested again through Steam) as a free to play player (we've since given him $20.00 to buy points with, which he promptly used to buy dragonborn, lol) and I realized how much I enjoyed it, when I was a f2p customer (I had even bought about $50 worth of DDO coins at one point in time) and I missed it. I'd been playing SWTOR, but dropped off in recent months because there won't be any expansion packs in the near future, and I'd gotten all my characters leveled up as a cared to, so it got to be a grind.
    So now I'm VIP so I don't have limits on what questlines I can cannot do and to unlock races and classes, and viability of builds (for example, my wisdom based FVS needs to be a certain class for the wisdom and the build I'm using was a 36 point build, but I could only by 32 point builds on the DDO store, so I've compromised). I bought drow and Favored Soul, as well as 32 point build because I don't like the thought of being limited to being able to use those on just one server, as I have toons on a couple other servers to fit in with my son's many characters per server. I have characters that I solo, and characters that I duo with my son. On Gallanda (I don't think I spelled that right), I'm with my son on two characters, with my husband on one, and I have several solo characters on Ghallanda, as that is my home server.

Basically I'm looking for a guild that doesn't mind solo players who probably won't raid, but may not be opposed to simple grouping. I'm not sure if my son would be interesting to join a guild for our characters that we have together. I don't know if you have a voice server (I'm assuming so), but I can only talk over voice for a limited time Mondays and Wednesday, and then most of the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Evenings are out as far as speaking over voice and usually Fridays, as that's his only day during the week that he's home, but I would still be able to listen to chat, and respond in writing. The limitations are because my husband is in school full time, and I'm working around when he's home, as we share the den.

TL/DR; The upshot is I'm looking for a guild that doesn't have a problem with me playing casually for now and not raiding (heck, I'm nowhere near that yet, my highest level is a level 5 rogue). I MAY be bringing my 22 year old son along if he wants.

I have three rogues (a halfling rogue solo, a halfling rogue that I pair with my son, and a drow rogue for soloing as well; a solo cleric; a dragonborn charisma based FVS; wisdom based Aasimar FVS that I'm grouping with my son, and another for me to solo with (call it an experiment), so I know how it performs in a group and solo; , a human fighter that I'm leveling with my son

You can let me know here, I don't know which of my characters I should ask for the PM in game to because I switch up so much.

Community Member

Welcome back Velan!
    You may consider Banned Camp as a possible guild for you and your son to join.

Currently, we have many players that are on the TR train and are leveling pretty frequently.
    We have a dedicated TeamSpeak channel and we're good humor to pass the grind time.

Check out below link if interested.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...allanda-server

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ith-your-guild

Hope to hear from you.

You may also consider Legendary Warriors of Ghallanda. We are a very large guild (hundreds of active accounts, level 200, largest ship fully buffed and maintained), and we do not discriminate against different playstyles nor do we have character power requirements. We have members who like to solo only and only sometimes group, as well as members who love to raid. We are also new player friendly and have several members who enjoy teaching in game (quests, raids, builds, etc). Our main tenet is respect.

You can contact me here or in game if you're interested.

https://lwog.shivtr.com/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    You may also consider Legendary Warriors of Ghallanda. We are a very large guild (hundreds of active accounts, level 200, largest ship fully buffed and maintained), and we do not discriminate against different playstyles nor do we have character power requirements. We have members who like to solo only and only sometimes group, as well as members who love to raid. We are also new player friendly and have several members who enjoy teaching in game (quests, raids, builds, etc). Our main tenet is respect.

Tried to find you in game but no luck. Is Nofaec the only one to contact for guild invite? My character's name is: Blezdt.
    I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that most, if not all, games are broken to some extent.
    One should not complain about them if one cannot fix them.
    I, for one, should take this to heart as I embark upon another journey through this game.

Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    Tried to find you in game but no luck. Is Nofaec the only one to contact for guild invite? My character's name is: Blezdt.
    My play time is random and all over the place. I'll keep an eye out for you. (Ghouldrool is another one to contact about joining)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post

Just wondering, what voice chat program do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Velan View Post
    Just wondering, what voice chat program do you use?
    Some of us have discord, though most of us simply use the in game party chat. (and some of us don't chat via voice, preferring text. It's not mandatory with us)