Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    120

    Default Why no reaper xp?

    I recently completed Detour and Lost in the Swamp on 1 skull with 0 reaper xp earned. On the top the base was listed at 104 and on the bottom listed 0.

    I'm level 18 but I did have the level 20 cat with me which should drag the reaper xp down, but 0?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,443

    Default

    Any chance you stealth/zerged it? Gotta get 10 kills to activate any RXP.

  3. #3
    Forum witchdoctor Hobgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    6,436

    Default

    its the cat

    u arnt supposed to beable to do heroic reaper with a 20 in the group so it kills all your rxp
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

  4. #4
    Community Member Selvera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Yep cat. You probably shouldn't summon it if you're below level 20. And not if you're grouping with other people who are below level 20, it kills all of their reaper xp too.
    Selvera: Half elf Bard 14/Barb 2/Fighter 2; Just having a bit of swash fun with a heroic life.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 16; Just a pastlife for an alt

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Pretty funny that a summon that can actually be a liability reduces xp.

  6. #6
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    26,776

    Default

    Arbitrary imaginary limitations, for the loss.

    Those last few levels before 20 were always a slog due to not being able to play level 20, 21 quests etc when level 18. Are they really afraid someone is going to waste their first time eVON5 completion capping a heroic character? Thats what the imaginary line is for?
    Historically: If every melee nerf after each melee class revamp was reverted back to its pre-nerf version, which melee build(s) are OP in the current meta?

  7. #7
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Thats what the imaginary line is for?
    That line is called "Epic". With Destinies, a Lvl 20 potentially jumps in power.

  8. #8
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    I distinctly remember doing IQ/DD quests (level 18-20/19-21) at level 18 with a level 20 in the party on R1 and getting reaper XP.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  9. #9
    Community Member Selvera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I distinctly remember doing IQ/DD quests (level 18-20/19-21) at level 18 with a level 20 in the party on R1 and getting reaper XP.
    I distinctly remember being unable to enter IQ/DD quests on reaper difficulty with a level 20 character.
    Selvera: Half elf Bard 14/Barb 2/Fighter 2; Just having a bit of swash fun with a heroic life.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 16; Just a pastlife for an alt

  10. #10
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    I distinctly remember being unable to enter IQ/DD quests on reaper difficulty with a level 20 character.
    No, I've definitely done it with level 20's before on reaper. No doubt in my mind about that.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    No, I've definitely done it with level 20's before on reaper. No doubt in my mind about that.
    Try it now.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    As an aside, Ive long held the opinion that, ever since epic levels, the dividing line between epic benefits (eg EDs) should between 20 and 21, not 19 and 20.

  13. #13
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    No, I've definitely done it with level 20's before on reaper. No doubt in my mind about that.
    Maybe in one of the early lamannia previews, it's never been allowed on live.

  14. #14
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,584

    Default

    The level lockout always existed between heroic and epic. The reason the devs gave is that there is a big difference in power between 19 and 20 due to epic destinies which is a valid issue.

  15. #15
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Maybe in one of the early lamannia previews, it's never been allowed on live.
    No, it was on live. This was at least 8-12 months ago, if my memory is correct, but I know for a fact I was in on reaper and it was with a level 20 doing the dreaming dark chain on R1. I know it because we were even talking about it while partying. I can't remember the person's name (magnus? mathias? I think it started with an M and it was on Argo, and I think they were a caster because I remember seeing the draconic vortex ability), but I remember the conversation we had about it.

    Maybe because dreaming dark quests are level 21 but they're still heroic, not epic? I don't know.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    No, it was on live. This was at least 8-12 months ago, if my memory is correct, but I know for a fact I was in on reaper and it was with a level 20 doing the dreaming dark chain on R1. I know it because we were even talking about it while partying. I can't remember the person's name (magnus? mathias? I think it started with an M and it was on Argo, and I think they were a caster because I remember seeing the draconic vortex ability), but I remember the conversation we had about it.

    Maybe because dreaming dark quests are level 21 but they're still heroic, not epic? I don't know.
    Dreaming Dark flagging quests are level 19 and Dreaming Dark is level 20.

    And no you definitely cannot enter the first two with a 20 in the party on reaper. I do believe you can do Dreaming Dark however on reaper with 20s, but not with level 15s.

  17. #17
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Dreaming Dark flagging quests are level 19 and Dreaming Dark is level 20.

    And no you definitely cannot enter the first two with a 20 in the party on reaper. I do believe you can do Dreaming Dark however on reaper with 20s, but not with level 15s.
    They're 21 and 22 on elite/reaper.

    And yet I know for a fact that I entered titan and both island quests with a level 20 in the group. We were all level 18-20. Maybe it glitched out, I don't know, but I know we were in there together.

    Heck, I even remember doing the DD chain with somebody who was 19 and took level 20 halfway through.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    They're 21 and 22 on elite/reaper.

    And yet I know for a fact that I entered titan and both island quests with a level 20 in the group. We were all level 18-20. Maybe it glitched out, I don't know, but I know we were in there together.

    Heck, I even remember doing the DD chain with somebody who was 19 and took level 20 halfway through.
    Assuming you're not misremembering, do you know if that level 20 character had access to epic destinies? I don't know where I got the idea from, but I've had it floating around in my head for a long time that a level 20 character with no EDs might be able to enter heroic quests on reaper. I've never had the chance to test it, though, and don't know if it's actually the case.

  19. #19
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    Assuming you're not misremembering, do you know if that level 20 character had access to epic destinies? I don't know where I got the idea from, but I've had it floating around in my head for a long time that a level 20 character with no EDs might be able to enter heroic quests on reaper. I've never had the chance to test it, though, and don't know if it's actually the case.
    No, I remember them using energy vortex from the draconic destiny because we were talking about the ability, itself.

    Making me doubt myself, now, but I really remember having this conversation with a level 20 in the party in the DD chain.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Pretty funny that a summon that can actually be a liability reduces xp.
    Union dues...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload