19 9.60%
  • Honor and Justice

62 31.31%
  • Pain and Suffering

23 11.62%
  • Fire and Brimstone

18 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lyn is going find a way to make this item totally not viable on monks..
    Calling it now
    "Argonessen, now that's questin" ~Strimtom 2017

"Ischa Oti Cevil Illu Mi Nati"
    RC-CIT

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hello, all! Week 2 brought us a tie between Wisdom and Constitution, Week 1 brought us the slot of Goggles, and Week 3 will determine - the theme! Please vote above for the theme you want the most!

The Item so Far:
    Slot: Goggles
    Primary Stat Focus: Wis and Con
    Will the item have both wis and con or 2 items 1 with wis and 1 with con? Reason for asking is wis is a dump stat for me on all my builds so if it's both I don't want it and by the way con won by 1 vote when you called it.

Hello, all! Week 2 brought us a tie between Wisdom and Constitution, Week 1 brought us the slot of Goggles, and Week 3 will determine - the theme! Please vote above for the theme you want the most!

The Item so Far:
    Slot: Goggles
    Primary Stat Focus: Wis and Con
    what do these options even mean??
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

That's my favorite Crush 40 song.
    If Sonic Adventures 2 is wrong, I don't want to be right.

"Doom and Gloom" since I mostly play casters, and don't mind a doom & gloom eye piece.

Although, I wonder what 'body and mind' is?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

It would be interesting if the item was split into two versions, one called Body and Mind that had constitution/physical bonuses and one called Mind and Body that had wisdom/magical bonuses.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Doom and soon (tm)
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Shake and Bake

Spy and Glass, with the stats that should've been in the first place – back then, an "upgrade" was promised and delivered was a totally different item. I'm totally fine if you gave it a funny name and tossed it somewhere into the mud of the cogs. Or retro it into the box so that there'll effectively be two versions, the 4-stat powercreep abomination and the linear upgrade people were originally expecting. It's never too late to fix a mistake.

Community Member

So I see the goggles as an item that has two sets of effects. Whenever you wear the item, one set becomes active randomly. Similar to Kormor's Ring. As for concept, I'd go for Body and Mind, that seems to match the CON/WIS thing.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

I went with Honor and Justice. I've always been a paladin at heart.

Body and Mind sounds too much like a spa commercial. Manicures, really? C'mon.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I went with Wind & Wilds, ....
    With the wind outside bringing us some balmy negative temps today, I had to go with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    Edit: Girlfriend just tossed out... Live and Learn.
    Are you sure she wasn't addressing that to you, for paying attention to the forums instead of her?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpai View Post
    Another poll with very little information on what each option actually means. Trying to interpret each option as best as I can

Body and Mind - This screams Monk.
    Wind and Wilds - Almost certainly Druid and/or Ranger focused, possibly some Barbarian since it is also meant to be CON, plus the WIS bonuses in FotW.
    Honor and Justice - This is Paladin's mantra, so Paladin item.
    Fire and Brimstone - Cleric/FvS spell list has some fire spells. Wikipedia also states this is "an expression of signs of gods' wrath" so definitely thinking this is a divine caster option.

And the less obvious sounding ones
    Doom and Gloom - Err.... Warlock? Can't think of any other class that's doomy or gloomy. Other than Pale Master but that is a stretch for a CON/WIS item.
    Pain and Suffering - Either some synergy with dagger builds or Ravager Barbarian?

I'm going to hold off on voting on the off chance that we get more info on what each option means. Though if I'm right in my assumptions, Honor and Justice will probably have my vote.
    This is my thought too. Except lock isn't a wis class. I'd guess D&G would be necro DC focused while P&S might be necro spell power? For all those Harm clerics?

Likewise pal isn't a wisdom class either, so I think H&J would be a Warpriest item. And I think that is the most interesting option, so that's got my vote.

Personally I would've gone for an item called Patience and Understanding that was built for wis based archers...wis, con, ench dc (for paralyzing arrows or just command), double shot, and maybe one cool unique mechanic. There's a need for better support for divine archers, and it fits thematically with the idea of an archery cleric or fvs calmly striking down his foes from afar.

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

Wind & Wilds

Soma and Psyche?
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'd guess D&G would be necro DC focused while P&S might be necro spell power? For all those Harm clerics?
    I hadn't entertained the possibility that two options could be geared toward different builds of the same class. I feel you're right that both Doom and Gloom and Pain and Suffering could work for Necro DC and Necro damage respectively. Though at the same time, those two plus Fire and Brimstone would make three out of six options for the same classes, so I hope Pain and Suffering is for something other than Necro damage (which is more used by Pale Masters than by divine casters so a Necro damage item wouldn't be great representation for a WIS or CON item anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    This is my thought too. Except lock isn't a wis class. Likewise pal isn't a wisdom class either, so I think H&J would be a Warpriest item.
    Warlock is from the CON side. If the only options are for characters who benefit from both WIS and CON then the only options are WIS options because everyone can benefit from CON, which would mean 35% of voters were told "You tied so you won" and then had little to no representation or reward for winning and in fact lost.
    I would argue that Paladin has WIS as their tertiary stat, but they are like Warlock in that many of their builds are secondary CON and some are primary CON. Honor and Justice are core virtues of those who have taken the Paladin's Sacred Oath, so describing any item as having honor and justice as their theme without it being intended to be used by Paladins would be an affront to the class.
    Hi Welcome

Default My thought.

With as much nerfing is done to monks (almost every update), can we get at least a little love? It is my favorite class, and although a previous poll showed that monks out dps all other classes, it is dead wrong. I've run Reaper content with a lot of players, and usually none of them are monks, and the out dps any monk build I've played. Just sayin'.
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

So does this poll end today or monday?

Cool These goggles are turning out to be pretty 80's

Body and Mind 51
    Honor and Justice 51

Lol, This is turning out pretty nice.... even tie so far between Body and mind and Honor and Justice.

That's some pretty Schizo goggles... The right Red Lense enhances your Con, body and sense of honor, the left Blue lense enhances your Wis, Mind and sense of justice....

cheers

So... Its a tie again right? Does this mean even more of a wait for Week 4?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast