Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Tuesday, January 29th 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable due to maintenance on Tuesday, January 29th from 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). This weekly downtime is longer than usual due to the need to do SSD array maintenance. Thank you.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

"Longer" is an understatement when it goes from 1 to 6 hours.... :wow: X)

Anyway, hope it'll help as stated!
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 01-28-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable due to maintenance on Tuesday, January 29th from 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). This weekly downtime is longer than usual due to the need to do SSD array maintenance. Thank you.
    PUT ROYAL 2 COSEMETIC ARMOR BACK IN DDO STORE
    https://imgur.com/a/oCH67OL

PUT THIS BACK IN DDO STORE. WHY WAS IT REMOVED FROM DDO STORE IN 2011? This is the only good looking armor in DDO. other armor doesn't look good.
    WHY WOULD THE BEST LOOKING ARMOR BE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH ROYAL 1 WHICH IS MISSING LEG ARMOR, SHOULDER ARMOR, TUNIC ETC
    I cannot play this game with such ugly armor design.

Will this help in addressing the extreme lag we all in Sarlona have been dealing with?¿
    You could restart the Sarlona server everyday to deal with it, but i'd guess that'd cause alot of complaints.....

FYI alot of people getting fed up with it so maybe help yourselves keep more players and get some back?¿

Community Member

Default down time

I understand you have to have downtime and sometimes longer than normal but there wasn't even a 24hr notice for a 6hr downtime that's not good . Any other game would give at least 24hrs notice for a downtime that is so long very disappointing.

kudos for hardware maintenance, but I believe that recent lag is constantly there exactly from last patch.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot0193 View Post

PUT THIS BACK IN DDO STORE. WHY WAS IT REMOVED FROM DDO STORE IN 2011? This is the only good looking armor in DDO. other armor doesn't look good.
    WHY WOULD THE BEST LOOKING ARMOR BE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH ROYAL 1 WHICH IS MISSING LEG ARMOR, SHOULDER ARMOR, TUNIC ETC
    I blame PDK.

My guess would be the armor was not compatible with the Ogre, ..ehr, PDK bodies.

Default Armor kits are subjective

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot0193 View Post

They should put it back in unless it contributes to lag... That being said, they have removed other armor kits/add-ons in the past and have not reinstated them so don't hold your breath. And IMHO the best kit in the game was the Beast Armor for WF...
    Khyberite

Lag was FIXED with the change to 2wf so long ago that I can not remember the year.
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 79. Ozzbad 35, 36, 9, 28, 55. Ozzugly 40, 36, 19, 36, 97. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12, 34. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    Lag was FIXED with the change to 2wf so long ago that I can not remember the year.

Wasn't that the same patch where the ladders were fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Wasn't that the same patch where the ladders were fixed?
    Ladders are never going to be fixed, nor were they ever stated they were going to be fixed, that I can recall. I remember a developer saying a while back that each ladder needed to be re-coded separately, which is a monumental task in and of itself.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Fisty View Post
    Will this help in addressing the extreme lag we all in Sarlona have been dealing with?¿
    You could restart the Sarlona server everyday to deal with it, but i'd guess that'd cause alot of complaints.....

FYI alot of people getting fed up with it so maybe help yourselves keep more players and get some back?¿
    A couple things, sir:

1) You catch more flies with honey

1) Do you really think SSG WANTS PLAYERS TO LAG?

S.
    __________________________________________________ ______________-
    Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    That would be 2010. There has been no lag since then!
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Manager

More time is needed to conduct today's server maintenance, so we are extending the downtime by an hour, to 1:00pm Eastern. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

I've got so much stuff done with this extended downtime, it's gonna take me weeks to recover!!!

More time is needed to conduct today's server maintenance, so we are extending the downtime by an hour, to 1:00pm Eastern. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    RELEASE.... the angry mob! Hand out the torches and pitchforks!
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I am so sorry, I cannot join the angry mob today my pitchfork is being repaired.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Ladders are never going to be fixed, nor were they ever stated they were going to be fixed, that I can recall. I remember a developer saying a while back that each ladder needed to be re-coded separately, which is a monumental task in and of itself.

Only a few still have issues, The crypts in Orchard, White plume mountain by slide area. Most of them are wai.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I'm ready, have my +8 torch of fear in my off hand and my +10 pitchfork of Developer bane15. Someone needs to bring the Hell hounds.
    Last edited by Grenick1; 01-29-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I was under the impression that ladders fall under extreme difficultly level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast