View Poll Results: At What Level Do Your Run Quests?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reaper 10

5 5.38%
  • Reaper 7

5 5.38%
  • Reaper 4

14 15.05%
  • Reaper 1

39 41.94%
  • Elite

18 19.35%
  • Hard

5 5.38%
  • Normal

6 6.45%
  • I only run Raids, so I should not answer any of the above

1 1.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default POLL: What Difficulty Level Do You Run Quests?

For Reaper, please choose the Skull Level that most closely approximates your play experience. For those running only Casual, welcome to DDO!

Note: It took me a couple of weeks to decide on the appropriate scaling for this poll, looking for results most reasonably valid for discussion. Certainly other scaling options might also yield significant findings.

I play reapers when i see the groups for it. Otherwise I run elite when I'm solo

Not sure how to answer. In heroics I mostly run elite like 95% of the time minus a few quests I just can't stand to run elite like In The Flesh, but I pull back in epics and run almost exclusively EH. Mobs are just too brutal for me on EE.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Mostly, R1&2.

Sometimes 3&4.

Occasionally I join a group anywhere from 5-10.

But I also have a character in a group where we are running epics on hard...

So.... Pancakes???
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Default Solo

I am a solo player. I run very high reaper, typically 5 and 6. Especially in Heroics, for every class but a paladin or a bard.
    I often make LFMs for R8+ but nobody joins. I attempt them but I do not get very far. I am very disliked because I am known to be - cocky and egotistical. Very hard to run raids, but that's all.
    Last edited by kelavas; 01-25-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    "A child's eyes light up when they see their Grandpa."

As a solo player I run heroic elite or R1. Generally depends on the length of the quest and whether or not I feel like dragging a hire along. When I get off work I am usually dog tired and mentally drained and foggy-brained. So long quests I generally run elite for better xp/min and less hassle. Saturdays I can step it up and run R1 w/o issue. Long quests I will also usually bring a hire instead of trying to quaff 20 CSW pots in between fights. Short/medium quests almost always run on R1, no hires.

Epics (like someone else posted) I typically just run EH. I "can" complete a lot of them on EE, it's just not worth the hassle. EH (for me) is much better xp/min with no hassles.

Oh, editing to add that some newer-ish heroic quests I run on hard because soloing on elite is too brutal. Like Mines of Tethyamar.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 01-25-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

For me, it depends on both the quest in question (or raid), and who I'm with. It ranges from normal to R10. So I guess on average it's R1? *shrugs*

Barbarbarian

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Mostly, R1&2.

Sometimes 3&4.

Occasionally I join a group anywhere from 5-10.

But I also have a character in a group where we are running epics on hard...

So.... Pancakes???
    I agree.

Pancakes.
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by kelavas View Post
    but a paladin or a bard.
    Makes you wonder, eh.

No vote from me because it varies:

on my mains
    In heroics:
    Solo, R1 , 2 levels above the quest, skipping lv 17 to 19 content, it's so out of whack on elite, let alone reaper for a solo melee.
    r1-4 in pugs, depending on the str of the group. eventually the weaker players recognize your name and expect an easy auto completion due to buddy bonus.
    R4-8 in static tr vet groups.

lv20-29
    Solo EH&EN dailies and slayer zones, it's already brutal enough on EE for a melee, reaper is out of the question.
    EH&EN in pugs
    EE and R1 on tr vet parties, often with over level party members present.

lv 30, all capped out:
    Solo? rarely worth the aggravation.
    R1-R5 in pug quests, LN-LH raids pending on group
    R5-R8 quests with capable people, LE, r1-6 raids, depending on the tr vet players and amount of cheese we allow our self to use.

On alts:

In heroics:
    Solo, Hard/elite , 1-2 levels above the quest, skipping lv 17 to 19 content.
    No grouping because no one wants to join in my timezone

lv20-29
    Solo EN dailies and slayer zones.
    EH&EN in pugs

lv 30, all capped out:
    Solo? rarely worth the aggravation.
    What ever people feel ok with dragging my stone through, at this point an alt is a glorified loot puller. No epic raid was made with the intention that first life (non cheat build) toons would run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

I only run Home Sweet Sewer on solo.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Community Member

Whats the reason for this poll why do you care what level people play at?
    Is it because you think the game should be balanced and built around the level the majority play at?
    90% play r1 because their on the reincarnation train, those that go to 30 do a few raids and first time r2-10 reapers along the way and once they hit 30 reaper dailies r5-10, than back to reincarnate.

Bounty Hunter

I mostly solo R4-R5 level 30+ quests. I can solo a little higher, but I find R4-5 the sweet spot.

Never below elite except some dailies. All toons melee.
    Actually doing a heroics after 1 year on my main-monk. Solo R2, pug 3. But some solo where so tough i had to go elite at level.
    Alts all in epic, Solo R1. Pugs up to R2, anything above lets me squirting the daisys.
    Raids up to LE, but unable to Reaper raid.
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

Pancakes is good.

E-R1 for leveling
    H-R1 for raids
    R2-5 for my casual group
    R5/+ for the silly stuff when we are bored, or an LFM lets me pike

Community Member

I play in a Duo just about exclusively. Heroics we run R1-R3 (depending on builds) and epic we run hard until we are close to cap and if we are running out of hard first time bonuses (almost never happens anymore).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelavas View Post
    I am very disliked because I am known to be - cocky and egotistical.
    Recognizing that there is a problem is the first step!

Please people before you put together a poll do at least a little research on how to make a poll meaningful. It is so disheartening to see people put up polls that may purposefully be driving a narrative or just may not realize their poll is not meaningful because it does not include other possibilities they may have not thought about.

Examples can be seen by the posts in this thread of people that mix difficulties.

Example for me is depending on what I'm doing in a single day I could have run Normal, Hard, Elite, Reaper 1, Reaper 6 and Reaper 10. But I'm not a player that feels I need to limit the difficulty I run a quest or raid.

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post
    I only run Home Sweet Sewer on solo.
    Haha this made me LOL.

Have to give you some rep for this.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Haha this made me LOL.

Have to give you some rep for this.
    To be fair this is An Explosive Situation, just had to do it :/
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast