Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Speed up devil assault

It's an important quest for grinding tokens. And it's extremely boring because stuff spawns so slowly. Please increase the speed that things spawn so there is less down time and less down time for shrining.

The estar challenges Underdark arena is fun and awesome and it's the same quest basically. Please update this classic quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    It's an important quest for grinding tokens. And it's extremely boring because stuff spawns so slowly. Please increase the speed that things spawn so there is less down time and less down time for shrining.

The estar challenges Underdark arena is fun and awesome and it's the same quest basically. Please update this classic quest.
    This is one of my top individual priorities too. They clearly recognize the fault in the design, and already know the solution, because both Estar arena challenges and Breaking the Ranks are both the same thing, but without the forced downtime. Put a gong in DA and it would go from a headache to a top 10 daily, its that big a difference for that small a change.

Even if they decrease the odds on tokens to keep it roughly the same gain/hour, and decrease the XP to be in line with other at-level quests, I'd be fine with it just for the improvement to general fun factor. I figure you could take a 25 min quest and get it down to under 15, which isn't bad for tokens+xp+LGS mats plus that craftable trinket I've been chasing forever

Soon:
    - Devil Assault waves now spawn faster!
    - Devil Assault token reward has been changed (aka nerfed)

called it :P

Community Member

I'm seriously considering quitting playing cause i can't stand the token grind and I'm never ever about to pony up 1350 tp for a heart. Begging for tokens not fun.

I'm seriously considering quitting playing cause i can't stand the token grind and I'm never ever about to pony up 1350 tp for a heart. Begging for tokens not fun.
    Quite some time ago ... going to guess 18 months or so ... while I was on my PM lives on my main I parked and 30 and just ran DA repeatedly, 4-5 times a day. I would run other quests or on alts afterwards looking for loot or what not.

Always put up the same LFM. "Grinding Tokens pass if you can, free XP and loot, on wave XXXX" I updated the LFM at each boss and notified when I was about to complete and in general I would get 3 to 5 other people joining, most of them passing tokens. I could pretty much count on 7+ tokens per run. So say 30-40 tokens a day. I did that for a couple of weeks until I had 200+ tokens and I haven't had to run again since.

I offered to pass Ings and shards as I got them, even the named look and on the whole it was a very positive experience.

I still get tokens and fragments every life just running stuff as it is. I would say I am getting about 6 tokens a life without trying specifically for them and so currently I still have over 100 tokens in my bank. Yeah it kinda sucks for time but still it was worth it. It was a week or so of a little annoyance for freedom since then.

If I am being honest I even ran it in windowed mode and watched some Netflix while I was grinding out the tokens so it really wasn't that bad.

I just multitask and look up stuff on ddowiki or something.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown

if grinding token is painful to you, ur doign it wrong

best way is to get tokens as you level from 20 to 30, simple do the various chains giving tokens in lvl 20-23, you should easily be able to get 20 tokens on your path to 30, and nab commendations along the way.
    at 30, run a few quests to get the missing heard seed to pair with your commendations.

I am sitting on over 300 tokens and I aint even trying, resorted to crunch a bunch for cannith crafting. here and there
    of course, if you never plan to do ETRs or Iconics ever, or dont have destinies, then yeah grinding could be an issue to some, but really there is a lot of quests giving tokens, running devil assault in loop is boring.
    Last edited by Gabrael; 01-25-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post

best way is to get tokens as you level from 20 to 30, simple do the various chains giving tokens in lvl 20-23, you should easily be able to get 20 tokens on your path to 30
    Yeah you need 2 tokens per level 20-30, assuming you're only buying a Heart that life (ie you don't need Augments or anything before TRing). That isn't really that big an ask....that's maybe 1 DA and a couple runs of LoD and VoN, which are worth doing anyway in your dailies (unlike DA which is pure grind). Plus even if you do need to grind, if you do it at L25 or below then Cannith Challenges can give you tokens really fast too, better than DA solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post

best way is to get tokens as you level from 20 to 30, simple do the various chains giving tokens in lvl 20-23.
    This
    Breaking boxes since 2011
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member

i'm done with epics. I don't want to run epics. Why must I be punished?

Community Member

i'm done with epics. I don't want to run epics. Why must I be punished?
    Come, now.

No one is "punishing" you.

You made it to 20/30. Congrats. Buy a heart, or farm the tokens. 20 tokens are not difficult to come by. Especially if you post an LFM and let folks know you need them. I join these all the time just to help folks get their tokens faster.

Is it a silly arbitrary lock? Sure.

Is anyone punishing you? Not at all.

Hyperbole serves no one.

Edit:
    As far as the OP goes, I agree.

I have ADHD and cannot stand still both in real life AND in game at the same time. I'm either going to log and go do something else, OR my character is jumping all over the place at all times. I don't run quests like DA with a bunch of built-in down time. I want to be fighting things, or solving a puzzle, or SOMETHING.
    Last edited by Xanthrawl; 01-25-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    Come, now.

No one is "punishing" you.

You made it to 20/30. Congrats. Buy a heart, or farm the tokens. 20 tokens are not difficult to come by. Especially if you post an LFM and let folks know you need them. I join these all the time just to help folks get their tokens faster.

Is it a silly arbitrary lock? Sure.

Is anyone punishing you? Not at all.

Hyperbole serves no one.

Edit:
    As far as the OP goes, I agree.

I have ADHD and cannot stand still both in real life AND in game at the same time. I'm either going to log and go do something else, OR my character is jumping all over the place at all times. I don't run quests like DA with a bunch of built-in down time. I want to be fighting things, or solving a puzzle, or SOMETHING.
    Sorry for the hyperbole. Devil assault shouldn't be a netflix simulator. That's the point.

Community Member

It doesn't take an insane amount of time to grind out tokens doing DA and Cannaith Challenges, but it is really boring and repetitive. If players are having to keep themselves entertained with Netflix or a book while they grind out something as essential as tokens of the twelve, I would say there is a problem. Why on earth do the fragments we need only drop from a small subset of epic quests in the first place? If they dropped in everything, this would be a non-issue.

The hearts are also way way overpriced in the item shop. I would quit the game altogether before I would drop that much on a single reincarnation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by yfernbottom View Post
    The hearts are also way way overpriced in the item shop. I would quit the game altogether before I would drop that much on a single reincarnation.
    Some players are ready to pay as needed. Some buy a bunch of hearts during discounts and gradually use those up. Some grind.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I would love a gong in DA. I'd love it even more if there was also a Golden Gong that you can ring to send an entire round at once (waves + boss), for an extra challenge (and a bit of fun).

So what if people start running DA a bit more for XP etc? Then there will be more groups, and people like the OP won't struggle to obtain tokens

Personally I have 80ish tokens at the present, but I make an point to join every DA LFM I see (if I'm not already doing something) and I run LoD/Von3 quite a bit in epics. I have bought a few augments though, which is hilariously inefficient :P

-----

If they won't add a gong, at least add a timer so I can AFK more easily? Like: 70 seconds until next enemies, time to grab a snack.

Otherwise, I recall someone testing that their hireling could almost solo the entire quest (it died to the last boss IIRC), so maybe with 2-3 people afk with hires and a summon or three it could be farmed fully AFK?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Sorry for the hyperbole. Devil assault shouldn't be a netflix simulator. That's the point.
    Again, I agree with that point. A gong would be great. A timer would be ok. Spawning all at one time would be amazing.

But no one is making you run DA. There are other quicker quests that drop full tokens and are significantly faster than DA for most groups. LoD, the entire VoN chain, most of the Carnival chain, most of the Desert, etc. Plus several of those also have big XP, so are more likely to get PuG hits to join you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Otherwise, I recall someone testing that their hireling could almost solo the entire quest (it died to the last boss IIRC), so maybe with 2-3 people afk with hires and a summon or three it could be farmed fully AFK?
    I mean, I'm sure you could afk it with an auralock. But it is intriguing to try to do this just for lols.

Community Member

I mean, I'm sure you could afk it with an auralock. But it is intriguing to try to do this just for lols.
    Nope, you get stuck on some archers. Been there, done that
    (maybe with an invis guard it could work)

Community Member

I would love a gong in DA. I'd love it even more if there was also a Golden Gong that you can ring to send an entire round at once (waves + boss), for an extra challenge (and a bit of fun).
    I think that would favor AOE builds a bit too much. Gong, nuke, repeat. Two min clears, especially on EN if you're overgeared.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Right? Get a few buddies, and like clean your house while you get XP etc.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I think that would favor AOE builds a bit too much. Gong, nuke, repeat. Two min clears, especially on EN if you're overgeared.
    Doesn't it already? Fair enough though. Maybe only have it available in EE? Full buffs, set up, and then chaos

Or have it cost 10 AS to use (75 DDO points if you just buy straight, 60 if you buy in bulk). That way SSG profits, and we profit too
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

~reverse invasion~
    Would like to see an option to enter the portals and battle 10x the mobs on the other side all at once on their own plane..
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast