Community Member

Thumbs up My hope for Sharn City expansion

As the size and scope of one of the great D&D modules comes to DDO, my hope is that it becomes an expandable area.

Much like Stormreach in Eberron has expanded, Sharn (for DDO) is a perfect fit for this feature.

In PnP we have been able to take any of the scenarios, and expand them, incorporate other elements, mix n match, shorten, lengthen etc....'

It's a very versatile setting.

Looking forward to this just as much as Ravenloft.

ps, any info on pre-orders would be appreciated also

I have no info on preorders, but we're on the same page about expanding more on it later.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I have no info on preorders, but we're on the same page about expanding more on it later.

Thank you. My weekly PnP group has made countless mini-encounters over the years. It's Fantasy Urban Warfare at it's best.

Especially the taverns we made, trap doors leading to chutes dropping you down to the cogs, Angry mobs that chase & rob you, greased streets that have our custom slimes waiting for anything to catch, Kinder & Haflings that disguise themselves as children and rob you blind, and of course corrupt magistrates that are well.... corrupt.

Community Member

Default Expansion Price

I really hope you lower the price of the expansion, something aroung 30 dollars for the base 50 and 70 or 80 is far more reasonable, specially considering that the value of the base content is getting dangerously close to the price of a AAA game.

2019:
    Update 42: Sharn Expansion of Towers (&Cogs)
    Update 43: Sharn 2: The Sharning
    Update 44: Finish what you started with the Sharn

2020:
    Update 45: Dinosaurs

Pokes Sev to release his Producer's Letter - please revise and adhere to my detailed planning above. K thx.
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    2019:
    Update 42: Sharn Expansion of Towers (&Cogs)
    Update 43: Sharn 2: The Sharning
    Update 44: Finish what you started with the Sharn

2020:
    Update 45: Dinosaurs

Pokes Sev to release his Producer's Letter - please revise and adhere to my detailed planning above. K thx.
    If Sev doesn't publish the Producer's Letter soon, I'm going to believe this schedule is as good as any other.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Sweet!

My wishes for future locations to explore on Eberron:

1. Karrnath
    2. Thrane
    3. Aerenal
    4. Argonessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Community Member

No, No!

2020 - the Blue Box expansion, adventures across time and space (with the new equipment slot: scarf).
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

I know nothing about Stormreach and Sharn beyond what I learn playing DDO.

Stormreach and Sharn are both city settings. How will quests in Sharn be materially different or better than quests in Stormreach?
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    No, No!

2020 - the Blue Box expansion, adventures across time and space (with the new equipment slot: Ascot).
    Fixed
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post

Stormreach and Sharn are both city settings. How will quests in Sharn be materially different or better than quests in Stormreach?
    Easy.

Our quests will be more "up & down" rather than "side to side"!

Hi Welcome

Community Member

Written by familiar people like Keith Baker & James Wyatt, its much of the same story line as stormreach in a generic sense

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Eberro...paign_Setting)
    Last edited by Lagin; 02-05-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Community Member

Annex, there's over 1,000 districts in Sharn City. It's an Eberron urban setting. But there are outdoor wilderness areas outside the city. So the possibilities are *endless.

I would suggest looking at D&D wiki or WotC published material for detailed info on quests

Stormreach is a lawless frontier town at the back end of nowhere in a wilderness that hasn't been much explored by the civilized peoples since the giants and the dragons had a major falling out.
    Sharn is a major metropolis in the main populated continent of Ebberon, where all the various nations are recovering from a major world-spanning war.

It's a different kind of setting.
    Not for everyone. But if you're looking for a fresh experience with a slower pace and tactical play, come check us out at www.mortalvoyage.us You might just like what you see...

Community Member

When we see the marketplace, any of the houses, the harbor etc... we're looking at urban areas.

Sharn is split up into wards, (levels or tiers eg.) So in the biggest sense it is a city like we've seen in our current Eberron setting. There are wilderness areas outside the city. On the 4e campaign map, there is a a quest called the "The 1st Tower" which is the landmark between the Kings Forest area and the river where Sharn is located. So in PnP depending on the D&D version and maps you're using will vary slightly in the exact location, but it's in Breland

Houses we're familiar with have headquarters there, (WotC 5e and DDO's sanctioned material might change this)
    House Cannith, Deneith, Kundarak, Phiarlan, Sivis, Valdalis, Tharashk just to name a few.
    Some of the "bad guys" have houses there, Dreaming Dark, Tarkanan, LoD, and a few others that are represented in DDO.

From D&D wiki.......

Sharn has a long and rich history starting with its foundation in ancient times by hobgoblin warlords. It was called Ja'shaarat ("Bright Blade") and even then it was one of the greatest cities of the Dhakaani empire. In contrast to modern Sharn's soaring towers, Ja'shaarat was built mostly underground with only its tallest buildings inevitably becoming the foundation of Sharn.
    When the Dhakaani empire was devastated by the daelkyr, the city was ruined and never recovered. Goblin tribes who took refuge in the city's bowels renamed it Duur'shaarat ("Blade of Sorrows").
    Years later, when a wave of human explorers flooded the coasts of Khorvaire, Malleon the Reaver discovered the fallen city. He enslaved the remaining goblin tribes and renamed the city Shaarat. In time, Shaarat grew into a wealthy and powerful city only to once again be destroyed when Malleon's descendants refused to bow down to Breggor, the man who would become the first king of the nation of Breland.
    After a long siege, Breggor's wizards finally rained destruction down on the city. Breggor renamed the city Sharn. During the next 800 years the towers of Sharn rose and the city flourished. When all of Khorvaire was changed with the War of the Mark, Sharn was once again ruined and abandoned for 500 years. When Galifar I became king of the Five Nations he ordered the rebuilding of Sharn. With the funding of noble houses and the help of House Cannith and Dwarven architects from the Mror Holds, Sharn's great towers were returned to their former splendor.

Last edited by Lagin; 03-11-2019 at 08:17 PM.

+1 laggin

Sharn is new york/london compared to stormreach frontier city setting

Meaning there will be more factions, more tech(lightning rail, aka magic steam train to get us places in later expansions), more support, more intregue, more politics and the list goes on.

Breland, where sharn resides, has acces to the entire continent of khorvaire.
    Refugees from cyre can hold technical secrets from their homelands,
    The cogs holds 1of the 2 still active wf creation machines,
    Droam is at the doorstep, with just a mountain range and flying fortress (shield helicarier on steroids?) holding them at bay,
    The nation of gnomes hod their hobgoblin neighbours at bay with secrets, wich ones?
    Khorvaire is filled with steampunk tech, think jules verne, what about a trip to the 12 moons or the bottom of the ocean in a steampunk kraken?

Sharn hold acces to all of these and more, storm reach is a trade and smugling port where fortune seekers try to find artifacts from ages long gone, its sharn where they go to sell it.

my hopes for the future of Khorvaire in DDO are:

nomadic dinosaur riding gnomes (was said dinosaurs would be implemented for another module, but could easily be added to a future sharn expansion)
    Throne, home of the Church of the Silver Flame
    Valenar
    orc filled Shadow Marches
    Droaam
    the Mournlands