Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2019 Anniversary Event

Thinking on with this years event due around the corner next month we may still have time to influence regarding possible additions for the event. What would you like to see added that could be realistic?

For me I would like to see the following.

1. Loot satchel one per character (no limit). Choice of item; Comms (heroic/valour), Heroic Green-steel mats, Alchemical crafting mats, Cannith challenge mats, Dragon touched armour mats, Selection of Seals/shards/scrolls. Nothing overpowered but allows people to finish off creating old items of which a lot probably don't scale that well into today's world.
    2. Add to Anniversary event (purchasable with mats through vendor); large selection of Level 20 Epic items (from seal/scroll/shard system), Slave Lords mats (heroic), ToEE (heroic/epic), New named Long sword, Warhammer and Battle Axe (to co-inside with new Knight feat)

I can probably safely assume that developer resource to create an additional dungeon at this stage with the new expansion underway is unlikely, but if it were I would like to see The Haunted Halls of Evening Star utilised and split into 1-2 challenge versions.

Community Member

Default It is time to think outside the box - 2019 Anniversary Event

Hello All,

I think from this year forward, the anniversary rewards should be split into two options: 1. For each character in your account (X rewards). 2. Only one reward bound to your account.
    One of the complaints over the years is the lack of items that scale from level 1. The main problem is that people think of an uber items that will break the game. Here is my suggestion for two trinkets level 1 (one scale with level and the other is not).

Healing Rune - Trinket- Level 1 - Exclusive - BTA - Clicky (1/1) - Revitalize: Restore half (50%) of your max HP.
    This item doesn't break the game and it is scaling up with levels.

Memory Stone - Trinket - Level 1 - Exclusive - BTA - Clicky (2/2) - mnemonic aid - Each click restores 50 spell points.

That's my two cents.

Best,
    RB
    Last edited by Clericon; 01-22-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clericon View Post
    Hello All,

I think from this year forward, the anniversary rewards should be split into two options: 1. For each character in your account (X rewards). 2. Only one reward bound to your account.
    One of the complaints over the years is the lack of items that scale from level 1. The main problem is that people think of an uber items that will break the game. Here is my suggestion for two trinkets level 1 (one scale with level and the other is not).

Healing Rune - Trinket- Level 1 - Exclusive - BTA - Clicky (1/1) - Revitalize: Restore half (50%) of your max HP.

Memory Stone - Trinket - Level 1 - Exclusive - BTA - Clicky (2/2) - mnemonic aid - Each click restores 50 spell points.

That's my two cents.

Best,
    RB
    Lol. That item crazily breaks the game. The game doesn’t need more self heals.

Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

Community Member

Reincarnation Rune - Trinket- Level 1 - Exclusive - BTA - Passive bonus - provides a bulletproof fail-safe reincarnation process, complete with same-day customer support and character restoration just in case.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - now L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Reincarnation Rune - Trinket- Level 1 - Exclusive - BTA - Passive bonus - provides a bulletproof fail-safe reincarnation process, complete with same-day customer support and character restoration just in case.
    Just had a long and interesting talk with Tech support. They said that you have better chances being granted with three wishes in real life than the chances that they will adhere to your request.

By the way, when I tried to contact them, they said that my chances are equal to becoming the next avenger... Sadly, all the slots were taken...

But I have a better item: Wishing trinket - Increase your luck by infinite in order to get customer support...

Oops, got a call from Tech, they are banning the item...
    Last edited by Clericon; 01-22-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

A clicky that instantly heals half? That sounds extremely gamebreaking lol. Reliable self-heals usually cost investment (which is why Cocoon is so valued, but even it is broken easily). An uninterruptible
    clicky seems extremely strong.

Maybe if there's a long cast time? Or like it has 10 charges that each heal 10% of your max HP? Either would make it viable out-of-combat but much less game-breaking IMO.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

What I would like is for them to just re-enable all of the event anniversaries they've ever had, all at once, cards, house P, and all of that, it would be epic. Let us buy some cool raid items instead of this list of stuff we already have, or isn't that good in the new meta.

Community Member

Default bag for cosmetic items

Give us a bag that will hold all our cosmetic items so they don't take up valuable inventory space

Community Member

My choice for an anniversary gift would be a one per account token that turns a single BtC item into a BtA item.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    A clicky that instantly heals half? That sounds extremely gamebreaking lol.
    Oh, ye of little faith. This just in from SSG.

"Your wish is granted and this item will be available as a reward option when characters consume a piece of Djinn cake."

In unrelated news, CON tomes and items have been removed from the game, along with all Vitality and False Life item effects. Max CON for characters has been set to 10 in order to avoid new player confusion on what 'Dump Stat' means. All hit dice are reduced to a standard value of one per level for caster classes and two per level for melee classes; Monks will be 0.83 per level. Epic Defensive Fighting has been modified to a +5 AC boost with no self-targeting for casting, scrolls, or SLAs possible. As an extra bonus, this feat is now automatically applied to all classes (Fighter and Pally now included!!!!!) upon reaching level 20.

As always, have fun and enjoy the game!
    Last edited by Sho-sa; 02-14-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Community Member

My wish is for an above average item that is best in slot for low levels but not game breaking. I also wish for it to be stealth nerfed into uselessness in a few years.

I like my chances.

It would come across as less game-breaking and more balancing if, for instance, it capped out at something like 250-500 HP/SP

Default All hearts BTC

That would be a great gift for all these years of loyalty and support. Make all hearts BTC.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by K_9 View Post
    Battle Axe (to co-inside with new Knight feat)
    coincide

Community Member

Still not understanding why event has to be canceled in the middle of the week?! Also cannot understande why not advertise the event like Haloween event (on login notice)

Quote Originally Posted by Caca80 View Post
    Still not understanding why event has to be canceled in the middle of the week?!
    Because the "new stuff" gets changed on Thursdays. It's just the SOP.

But if it got changed on a Sunday eve, or any other day, someone else would complain about that, that's 100% guaranteed. So Wed eve/Thurs morning is exactly as good/bad as any other day.

Also cannot understande why not advertise the event like Haloween event (on login notice)
    Right there with ya on this one, no idea.

it was going off monday morning but was extended because of down time IIRC

They said that you have better chances being granted with three wishes in real life
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Really hope next year they add a second way to acquire favors. Running the same single quest 20+ times for one reward is not satisfying gameplay. Even Crystal Cove breaks it up with hunting map pieces and has much fewer completions needed

I'd love a Mabar style solution where you could buy a potion that lets favors drop in place of remnants or adds them to quest completion tables for an hour or something. Let you get away from the chapterhouse while still working towards the sizeable number of favors you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast