Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default TR cache lost about 170 items during Racial TR

I followed my usual procedure of loggin off and starting new client.
    Then I Epic Reincarneted. All good.

Now as lvl 20 I restarted client again and proceeded with my Racial TR.
    All good. But when I was done in character creator and hit the CREATE button it lagged out. Nothing happened and after about 20mins got force closed.

When i logged back in my toon was lvl 20 again and his Reincarnation symbol was Active.
    Ok I thougt lets do it again. I clicked reincarante and proceeded with character Creation.

When I was done choosing stats/skills/apperance I hit CREATE button. And nothing happens again.
    I wait Another 20+ minutes.

Then when I restart client I see my character is now lvl 1. Fine I thought and clicked him.
    It loads a bit then I get error message "This character is already in the world".
    That error message continued for each log in try for about 20-30 mins.

Every other toon could log in.

After about 20-30mins all of a sudden I could log him in and I thought yay!

Running to my ship to get my items the bad omens started coming in.
    First skills where low. I realise while running that my skill tomes AND ability tomes are lost.

When I reach ship the DOOM come down I open bank and 63 items out of the 235 items that should have been in cache loads.

I have lost about 170 items of my TR cache.

Raid items with Reaper/myth Bonus on.
    Clickies that are really really rare. Jibber for eg.
    My Bottle of mist that was biggest reason to pay for Ultimate bundle is gone.

3 Green store gargantuan bags with years of ingredients Shards/scrolls essences/heart seeds and Everything else that goes in them
    1 Huge Collectible Bag full of 9+ Years of farmed collectibles and Ebberon dragon shards
    1 Store gargantuan FULL Augment bag with filligrees and all rare augments in game farmed or paid with AS from AA

I feel utterly destroyed. How can this even happen???
    Im so sad now.
    Im really hoping a dm angel can come down and reload my items. I havn't moved from bank and still lvl 1.

/Soverain Argonessen
    24class+35racials+7iconic +35Epic lives.
    Last edited by aquavalentin; 01-20-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Community Member

Good luck with it

Hope they could fix fast

Tell us how it goes

Remember put an help request on live and even internet page
    https://help.standingstonegames.com
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    GODS

Community Member

Hopefully the Dev's can help out in this case. I know there are a lot of people that can vouch for you having the stuff. We will all help where we can.
    Cor, Tell, Corin
    Synergia - Argonnessen

This is scary.

When they choose to revolve the game around TRing, a bug like this if it becomes more common can destroy the game.

Not that it's acceptable if rare.

But I'm no longer comfortable TRing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Good luck with it

Hope they could fix fast

Tell us how it goes

Remember put an help request on live and even internet page
    https://help.standingstonegames.com
    Thanks bro I have filed a ingame ticket and the website.

TR cache problems have been around for at least 5 years, more than enough time for GM`s & Dev`s to get this down to a much quicker fix and resolution.
    With the TR fix they did a couple years ago this should not be the issue it currently still is.

I have come across this 3 times over those 5 years with varied results.
    In 2017 I had 280 TR's and I had come across TR issues 3 times since 2013.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ere-do-I-begin

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Completionist

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ll-loses-items

I have seen cased where stuff gets replaced and BS responses of stuff not being able to be replaced.
    It sucks especially since we know you have some of the prettiest bonus items in the game from all that R10 farming.

Hopefully you can get a helpful GM and get a Dev aboard to resolve your lost TR cache items and not some BS excuses or just get straight out ignored.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-20-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Sorry this happened to you Aqua. It seems there is all kinds of craziness going on this weekend. My buddy just lost a bunch of stuff he had just put in his shared bank. I don't know if it's the lag or what is going on, but this really needs to be addressed. Losing stuff on the level you just did is not cool. Hopefully you get some help.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Slappinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

I hate to hear this.

Be prepared for no communication from SSG on the matter, and a long wait.

Lynnabel just stated that their policy is to not respond on the forums.

I think the player base would like to hear if/how this gets resolved, even though SSG has no interest in providing honest data about what to expect.

Best of luck, and hope to hear back from you about a positive resolution.
    Last edited by nokowi; 01-20-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    It's much easier to demonize those providing feedback (whining, childish, bringing the forums down, etc) or minimize their voice (small number, vocal, etc) than to accept the fact that the agro/stealth system just missed the mark.
    A good company learns to listen to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by CorinBrightbane View Post
    Hopefully the Dev's can help out in this case. I know there are a lot of people that can vouch for you having the stuff. We will all help where we can.
    Thanks for the support Cor. I have hope that ingame support can solve this. Havent touched anything and have been standing naked at the bank I first opened and encountered this terrible peronal disaster.

Default Again

Every time I hear one of these stories I become afraid to tr.

Time and time on these forums I have posited that the whole thing that makes this game different, and better, is the tr aspect. To be able to play ALL the races and ALL the classes, and get a little better each time is truly one of the things that makes DDO stand apart from any other MMO.

But if the very essence of the game is broken, that is a problem of epic proportions. Something MUST be done.

A temporary fix should be a way of copying or officially noting or saving a list of ALL of the items on a toon. All of the stats, all of the tomes, and all of the gear. It doesn't have to be the items themselves saved, just a way to create a text file with all of a characters stats and inventory. So that if one of these pretty rare but extremely devastating events occur there is some formal way to resolve the issue.

The first step of the TR process should be to make this text file. Once it is created, the only thing you can do is log out and log back in. On log in, the tr process will verify the file stats file one more time and then, if everything checks out, start the TR process. The reason for the log out and log in is to prevent someone from transferring items before the actual tr to cheat the system. Then, if something goes wrong, Standing Stone will have a record of the items and stats. And if anyone is trying to cheat by claiming loss, this will be proof of that too.

This is insanity! There better be a way to recover what's been lost.

Just...damn, sorry man. I hope someone reaches out to you soon.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    This is insanity! There better be a way to recover what's been lost.

Just...damn, sorry man. I hope someone reaches out to you soon.
    Yeah bro have been logged on different hours than you miss our old r10 Everything runs. Much funs.

Right now im standing naked as level 1 in a cargo hold. Won't touch anything to make it easier for dm to backtrack.
    But as soon as this is resolved we will team up again and slay some dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by aquavalentin View Post
    Yeah bro have been logged on different hours than you miss our old r10 Everything runs. Much funs.

Right now im standing naked as level 1 in a cargo hold. Won't touch anything to make it easier for dm to backtrack.
    But as soon as this is resolved we will team up again and slay some dragons.
    Have fun waiting till Tuesday (Tomorrow is a national holiday) hope it gets resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Every time I hear one of these stories I become afraid to tr.

Time and time on these forums I have posited that the whole thing that makes this game different, and better, is the tr aspect. To be able to play ALL the races and ALL the classes, and get a little better each time is truly one of the things that makes DDO stand apart from any other MMO.

But if the very essence of the game is broken, that is a problem of epic proportions. Something MUST be done.

A temporary fix should be a way of copying or officially noting or saving a list of ALL of the items on a toon. All of the stats, all of the tomes, and all of the gear. It doesn't have to be the items themselves saved, just a way to create a text file with all of a characters stats and inventory. So that if one of these pretty rare but extremely devastating events occur there is some formal way to resolve the issue.

The first step of the TR process should be to make this text file. Once it is created, the only thing you can do is log out and log back in. On log in, the tr process will verify the file stats file one more time and then, if everything checks out, start the TR process. The reason for the log out and log in is to prevent someone from transferring items before the actual tr to cheat the system. Then, if something goes wrong, Standing Stone will have a record of the items and stats. And if anyone is trying to cheat by claiming loss, this will be proof of that too.
    They don't need any more temporary fixes.

They have the information, they have backups and duplicates of all the player data.
    They don't need text files, they have the actual data files...
    They have put measures into place to track this data throughout the TR process.

at some point they will have to actually 'FIX' this problem.

While it is a PITA to deal with these as each case is dealt with 1 at a time we are stuck waiting on their time table to 'fit us in' when they have free time... but really who has free time anymore.
    If employees had free time they would have been cleansed out of the system with the staff reductions, meanwhile the players that have been effectively robbed are left in the dark waiting for DDO.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Community Member

You knew you had exactly 235 items? that's pretty specific.

Seems like this is becoming more of a problem, the forums are littered with TR bugs now..

Barbarbarian

Please let us know if they do or don't help you. At least every 3 days until you give up. It's important to all of us worried about TRing and the fallout of a game-breaking bug.

My two guildies had this happen to them last year. They got some help in the end but this was after 20+ messages online to devs. I've seen people over the last year just leave when this happens to them. We get radio silence from the Devs when we need the engineer understanding the engine to comment on this for us NOW. If there is no longer anyone employed who understands the TR system code then we need a comment NOW that they're hiring someone. This game is built around TRing. This is a core service. I will not be spending any money until this thread, or the other one, has results.

Good luck dude. <3
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by crackas View Post
    You knew you had exactly 235 items? that's pretty specific.
    It's pretty easy when you have to clear your TR cache into a set number of bank and inventory slots.

Hope things turn out in your favor, Sov. If not, I can send you whatever I have to help you restart - if you plan on doing so. :/

-Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    I will not be spending any money until this thread, or the other one, has results.

Good luck dude. <3

This. Hope things work out for you buddy.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Slappinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by aquavalentin View Post
    I followed my usual procedure of loggin off and starting new client.
    Then I Epic Reincarneted. All good.

Now as lvl 20 I restarted client again and proceeded with my Racial TR.
    All good. But when I was done in character creator and hit the CREATE button it lagged out. Nothing happened and after about 20mins got force closed.

When i logged back in my toon was lvl 20 again and his Reincarnation symbol was Active.
    Ok I thougt lets do it again. I clicked reincarante and proceeded with character Creation.

When I was done choosing stats/skills/apperance I hit CREATE button. And nothing happens again.
    I wait Another 20+ minutes.

Then when I restart client I see my character is now lvl 1. Fine I thought and clicked him.
    It loads a bit then I get error message "This character is already in the world".
    That error message continued for each log in try for about 20-30 mins.

Every other toon could log in.

After about 20-30mins all of a sudden I could log him in and I thought yay!

Running to my ship to get my items the bad omens started coming in.
    First skills where low. I realise while running that my skill tomes AND ability tomes are lost.

When I reach ship the DOOM come down I open bank and 63 items out of the 235 items that should have been in cache loads.

I have lost about 170 items of my TR cache.

Raid items with Reaper/myth Bonus on.
    Clickies that are really really rare. Jibber for eg.
    My Bottle of mist that was biggest reason to pay for Ultimate bundle is gone.

3 Green store gargantuan bags with years of ingredients Shards/scrolls essences/heart seeds and Everything else that goes in them
    1 Huge Collectible Bag full of 9+ Years of farmed collectibles and Ebberon dragon shards
    1 Store gargantuan FULL Augment bag with filligrees and all rare augments in game farmed or paid with AS from AA

I feel utterly destroyed. How can this even happen???
    Im so sad now.
    Im really hoping a dm angel can come down and reload my items. I havn't moved from bank and still lvl 1.

/Soverain Argonessen
    24class+35racials+7iconic +35Epic lives.
    yeah...

At this point I see no reason to continue paying for this game or giving this company more revenue.
    Its fully apparent they are 100% complicit, complacent, and incompetent and unable to successfully run and administer a game for such a small playerbase.

This game is not even recognizable to the original DDO, aside from the ladder bug still being in this game.

I am so infuriated right now at how this company has willfully fleeced its customers and happily seperated their customers from their money all the while not fixing extremely game breaking bugs such as this.

Instead, they focus on pushing season passes, expansions, packs, and AP tomes.

What do all of these have in common? Money.

So thats their focus.

Well you know what? Im gonna focus on my money as well. I am gonna focus on spending it elsewhere.

So im cancelling my 6 accounts I had active for VIP.

I think the players and customers of this game should start a class action lawsuit. I mean, if you are going to be a business and sell a service, but purposely do such a horrible job, you deserve to have your pants sued off. And before you flame me, I say this as a business owner.

Class action lawsuits have been started and successful for far less.

Also, maybe if you focused more on fixing bugs instead of nerfing classes and other things and ****ing off your customers - you wouldnt end up having to file a chapter 11. Just let that sink in.

Goodbye SSG. Maybe when you get your act together we can be friends. Not until then.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    yeah...

At this point I see no reason to continue paying for this game or giving this company more revenue.
    Its fully apparent they are 100% complicit, complacent, and incompetent and unable to successfully run and administer a game for such a small playerbase.

This game is not even recognizable to the original DDO, aside from the ladder bug still being in this game.

I am so infuriated right now at how this company has willfully fleeced its customers and happily seperated their customers from their money all the while not fixing extremely game breaking bugs such as this.

Instead, they focus on pushing season passes, expansions, packs, and AP tomes.

What do all of these have in common? Money.

So thats their focus.

Well you know what? Im gonna focus on my money as well. I am gonna focus on spending it elsewhere.

So im cancelling my 6 accounts I had active for VIP.

I think the players and customers of this game should start a class action lawsuit. I mean, if you are going to be a business and sell a service, but purposely do such a horrible job, you deserve to have your pants sued off. And before you flame me, I say this as a business owner.

Class action lawsuits have been started and successful for far less.

Also, maybe if you focused more on fixing bugs instead of nerfing classes and other things and ****ing off your customers - you wouldnt end up having to file a chapter 11. Just let that sink in.

Goodbye SSG. Maybe when you get your act together we can be friends. Not until then.
    /necro

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast