Community Member

Default Ranged Rogue Suggestions

Going to be doing a TR shortly and starting first life as a rogue. Long story but we play in a running ranged weapon style. Any recommendations for a Ranged Rogue Build?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

rogue 20: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-mechanic-xbow
    rog 18 / art 2: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...epeater-Builds
    rog 10 / ftr 6 / art 4 (gt xbow): okay I can't find the build thread but it's basically tier-5 Mechanic + tier-4 BE (Endless Fusillade) + Strike w/No Thought (Kensei)

For an HTR/RR-only build using repeaters I'd also look at rog 8 / art 6 / ftr 6: tier-5 BE + tier-4 Mechanic + SwNT.

Also see the rogue section of the Build Repository.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    rog 10 / ftr 6 / art 4 (gt xbow): okay I can't find the build thread but it's basically tier-5 Mechanic + tier-4 BE (Endless Fusillade) + Strike w/No Thought (Kensei)
    Think this may be what your after https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...nding-Fusilade
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member

Thank you all!

Exactly what I was looking for.

Default Falconry with Ranged Rogue

Has anyone given Falconry a go?

In my next TR I was thinking a variation on the Retro Rocket Launcher swapping out some of the enhancement trees for Falconry. The trouble is what to give up to get Action points for Falconry, the Bird strikes sound pretty awesome and look like they could do some DPS as well (eg: Death from above, Coordinated strike, Strike for eyes, Diving Attack)

Just interested to see if anyone has played with these options and what other trees complement Falconry.

Harper Know the angles is on my agenda
    Mech tree is also a desirable
    So I'm probably looking at giving up the assassin tree for Falconry
    Regards,

Nick C.
    (Trap Monkey)

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Bird attack DCs are based on WIS, so if you're going to do a Falconry Mechanic, you might as well go all in on WIS to damage as well.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

A lot of people are doing ranged divine classes using Inquisitive and Falconry, including me. So far, I'm quite happy with it. I'm doing a cleric in Earth Domain so I can cast Earthquake while I shoot my victims and laugh maniacally. I mean, pray for their lost souls. Yeah, that.
    "I didn't change my mind, It changed all by itself" – Luna

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

I want to reroll my fighter AA into a rogue and use the new Ranged Power when using uncanny dodge filigree, Will be featstarved compared to what Im used to 8)
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt Elf Fighter12/Monk6/Paladin2. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube