Community Member

Default Does a warlock's Waves of Exhaustion affect only enemies or PC teammates as well?

The spell RAW says "all living creatures," and that Player Characters are affected for "only" 20 seconds plus 1 per caster level (including losing the ability to tumble)... whereas enemies are affected for 120 seconds plus 6 per caster level. Which is a nice distinction and all but this still seems like something my teammates would not appreciate.

I know it says what it says and there's my answer. I'm asking because (a) most AOE spells in DDO don't affect the party and (b) the spell seems pretty well regarded/recommended, and I'd like to know why when there's so much potential to penalize teammates. Do people take it and then just be very, very careful about how they cast a not-visible cone? Is this something where the caster has to make sure of being ahead of the group to cast it-- i.e., not a happy place for a caster?

it does not
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

Many thanks!