Cool Equipment guide for leveling

Hi all and welcome to my Equipment guide for leveling!
    I would like to start by saying that I am not a native english speaker, so please bear with my mistakes. Thank you and enjoy

I started this guide couple months ago to aid myself through the gearing nightmare that can be leveling. So many builds to try out and so many different gear sets to plan out. Soon enough I noticed how expensive cannith crafting can be and how time consuming gathering collectables ends up to be. And so I realised that I need to start doing something if I want to spend more time playing rather than gearing and farming.

Goals of the guide:
    • To simplify gearing process during leveling
    • To have a reliable list of items which would work for most builds
    • To make sure that gear sets stay reaper viable
    • To save up cannith crafting collectables

I chose certain level checkpoints:
    • around level 8 (this is mostly Slaver's crafting as well as Ravenloft gear)
    • around level 13 / 18 / 23 (these are mostly based on Cannith crafting and the scaling of Ability scores)

Layout: Item slot | Item name | Rough list of attributes | Augment slot | Set name | Level of the item (if it is cannith crafted)

Melee (STR, DEX, WIS, INT and CHA)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1286938087

Ranged (DEX, WIS, INT)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1337021108

Caster (WIS, INT, CHA)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1772673381

Examples of my way of thinking while creating the lists:
    Nr. 1 - CON is used on all builds, so I made sure that CON items are shared in all lists to avoid recrafting it over and over.
    Nr. 2 - Ranged list doesn't have STR and CHA based gear sets as to my knowledge those scores are rarely or never used for ranged builds.
    Nr. 3 - To make sure that items would not be needed to be recrafted for each role, some items end up to be, let's say weird, on certain roles. For instance, WIS/INT goggles have insightful spell focus of your choice and it appears in both caster and melee/ranged lists. This is not a mistake, but rather a goal of the item to be used as much as possible without wasting collectables to recraft it for both caster and melee/ranged.

This guide is not optimized for niche or for specific builds and it is not intended to be. It was made to give you a map of items you could use for playing a variety of builds on your characters without worrying about gearing hassle or spending too much time farming.

Any feedback is appreciated, just please keep in mind the goals of the guide. Thank you!
    Last edited by Eva266; 09-12-2019 at 07:31 AM.

I'm not great with google docs, so maybe I'm missing something. But the Caster section doesn't mention Charisma gear, or at least I'm not seeing it. Only Int and Wis. But thanks so much. This is very handy!
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Gimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva266 View Post
    Nr. 2 - Ranged list doesn't have STR and CHA based gear sets as to my knowledge those scores are rarely or never used for ranged builds.
    Simply want to point out this is not actually true.

Bow Strength is still used for Bow Characters that are not using the Elven Grace (Dex to Damage) feature. While it is not a primary attribute for those using Wisdom, Intelligence, Dexterity, or Charisma for To-Hit/Damage, it is still an attribute that is not ignored for those using Bow Strength (innately available to all builds with at least 1 level of Ranger).

So while CHA may be a niche build (I believe a bow using FvS is the current limit), utilization of Bow Strength is more common as the current alternative is using Elven Grace (Limited to non-Drow Elves)

Quote Originally Posted by dennisck2 View Post
    I'm not great with google docs, so maybe I'm missing something. But the Caster section doesn't mention Charisma gear, or at least I'm not seeing it. Only Int and Wis. But thanks so much. This is very handy!
    You should see a sheet for CHA based gear down at the bottom left next to the WIS | INT. Here is a picture of how it should look:

Let me know how it goes and I am very glad these lists come in handy. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Simply want to point out this is not actually true.

Bow Strength is still used for Bow Characters that are not using the Elven Grace (Dex to Damage) feature. While it is not a primary attribute for those using Wisdom, Intelligence, Dexterity, or Charisma for To-Hit/Damage, it is still an attribute that is not ignored for those using Bow Strength (innately available to all builds with at least 1 level of Ranger).

So while CHA may be a niche build (I believe a bow using FvS is the current limit), utilization of Bow Strength is more common as the current alternative is using Elven Grace (Limited to non-Drow Elves)
    Thank you for the feedback! I must say I didn't consider Bow Strength from this angle, so I will take a look in creating ranged list for STR users.
    Apart from Elven Grace, Deepwood Stalker tree does offer another way to get DEX to dmg - T2 Improved Weapon Finesse, as well as Ninja Spy in 2nd Core.
    With Inquisitive now out Favored Souls can get Light/Heavy Crossbows as their Favored Weapons and use CHA to hit/dmg in addition to Bows, so I am considering to modify the lists to add CHA version as well in the future.
    Last edited by Eva266; 04-10-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Default Incomplete

Unless the dex range set is getting 100% fort from an augment, and resistance from an augment. Although the resistance augment will give less than a crafted piece. I'm sure its missing more, but i stopped looking after those 2.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Unless the dex range set is getting 100% fort from an augment, and resistance from an augment. Although the resistance augment will give less than a crafted piece. I'm sure its missing more, but i stopped looking after those 2.
    Thank you for the comment. Yes - all the lists are made with the thought that a person playing is using level 8 100% fortification augment, that's what I always use through leveling to get my fortification. One of my future plans is to fill in augment slot parts in the lists to give people an idea of what I am using to fill in the holes.

Regarding resistance: it is true that I slot it most of the times. The lists are made with an idea of reusing items on several builds and of course with that comes the issue of not having everything at top numbers. From my own experience I tend to prioritize Healing Amplification/Sheltering/Dodge, so I made sure that these defensive attributes would be there. This comes down to preference in the end.

Melee lists do have alternative bracers that you could use to get higher resistances:

Last edited by Eva266; 04-10-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Default I was just wondering....

If you have an updated list to include Sharn items? Sorry for the necro, as I still check this at times. Thanks again.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Gimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisck2 View Post
    If you have an updated list to include Sharn items? Sorry for the necro, as I still check this at times. Thanks again.
    Any update on this request? Good guide btw.

Community Member

Please add captions! Thanks

As a returning player, has there been alot of changes in leveling gear since theese lists were made?
    Eurotrash™ playing on Khyber, Crimson Eagles
    Paramount - 20 TR3 Horc Blitz | Razing - 20 FvS TRing for more caster lives | Warcrier - 20 TR2 14/6 Warchanter Kensei

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warinx View Post
    As a returning player, has there been alot of changes in leveling gear since theese lists were made?
    Sharn gear at level 15 largely replaces Ravenloft and Slavers gear.

I am very happy to see that these lists are still useful for other players! I haven't been playing DDO for a while but came back recently and because there are people interested in post-Sharn version of these lists, I will take a look at them and update. I also fell in love with Borderlands loot for low epics, so those items might show up in the lists as well

edit: sadly real life is getting me occupied once again and I didn't have a chance to look over the lists as much as I would have liked to. apologies
    Last edited by Eva266; 05-24-2020 at 06:31 AM.