Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default What scion for pure eldricth knight?

Im planning starting a 20 wizzy melee eldritch knight next life

Will be
    - int bases with kta
    - single weapon fighting stile

Was in doubt about final scion between

Elemental damage scion
    Shadowfell
    Arborea

What u think is best for playing r6-7 quest and r3-5 raid???

Actually im arborea oriented because i think elemental damage is really reducted in high reaper

What u think?
    You have any experience?

My initial build

Gnome
    20 wizard

Str 11
    Dex 11
    Cost 16
    Int 20
    Wis 8
    Cha 8

Lvl up allin int (+ 8tomes)

Ap
    41 eldritch knight (all t5 and core 6)
    14 harper (int to damage and 1 int)
    12 gnome (core4 and color spray and nimble reaction)
    13 palemaster (for core 3 and 1 int)

Feat
    1 extend, single weapon fighting
    3 precision
    5 quicken
    6 completionist
    9 insightful reflex
    10 spell foc enchanr
    12 kopesh prof or the new feat
    15 improved single weap fighting, spell foc necro
    18 improved critical
    20 heighten

Epic
    21. overwhelming Cirtical
    24 greater swf
    26 perfect swf
    27 ?
    28 epic 2wf
    29 dire charge
    30 ????
    30 scion of shadowfell

Items

Helm pansophic

Armor light silent av set
    Belt silent svenger set
    Mantle silent avenger set

Goggle from lost sea

5 piece sl set:
    Spinneret
    Bracers cost 17/ spel foc mast 6/ q const4
    Amu
    Boots
    Ring2

Or ravenloft mist set 5 pieces

Gloves from baba raid

Trinket and orb from rage pack
    Last edited by Alled78; 01-25-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    GODS

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Im planning starting a 20 wizzy melee eldritch knight next life

Will be
    - int bases with kta
    - single weapon fighting stile

Was in doubt about final scion between

Elemental damage scion
    Shadowfell
    Arborea

What u think is best for playing r6-7 quest and r3-5 raid???

Actually im arborea oriented because i think elemental damage is really reducted in high reaper

What u think?
    You have any experience?
    I’m planning feywild as DC casting is still an eK’s first priority.

Community Member

Earth / Shadowfell / Feywild depending on what your going for. Earth is for damage since the majority of your damage is from acid spellsword, trying to pump up the melee component is a losing battle. Also web is a conjuration spell so it gets boosted. Feywild is an addition +2 to your enchantment and that should be boosted with Vampire and KT Controller, dominate, mass suggestion, mass charm monster, otto's sphere and so forth are all really powerful. Shadowfell is if your really pushing necro insta kills or want the neg sp / heal amp for death aura.

So what is your build focused around and what do you envision it doing? Reaper is like hitting yourself in the crotch with a baseball bat, nerfs everything good about EK.

Community Member

I'm having good luck with a 41 EK / 24 PM / 14 Harper split using Scion of Shadowfell. Single weapon fighting, slaver's 3 piece (eventually 5 piece when I get enough mats), Cursekeeper set from Age of Madness chain (orb and trinket). I can swing a nightmother's scepter and get good DCs for enchantment, necromancy, and illusion, or swing a Vulkor's Edge for a bit of extra melee damage.

Shadowfell pumps your negative healing amp, your necromancy DCs by 4 and everything else by 2, and gives you negative energy healing every time you hit which, with your heal amp and reasonable negative spellpower (I shoot for 600ish), it synergizes very well and you're surprisingly sturdy. I tend to run in Shadowdancer for the +6 Int and evasion wearing light armor, giving you 100 MRR with evasion combined with insightful reflexes.

Mass hold, AoE nuke, chop down the survivors and death aura / lesser death aura / scion vampirism heal your way through redname fights. Very, very good farmer on elite where your self healing isn't degraded, and swapping your weapon for a nightmother's can give you enough DCs to provide beneficial CC for group play.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    I'm having good luck with a 41 EK / 24 PM / 14 Harper split using Scion of Shadowfell. Single weapon fighting, slaver's 3 piece (eventually 5 piece when I get enough mats), Cursekeeper set from Age of Madness chain (orb and trinket). I can swing a nightmother's scepter and get good DCs for enchantment, necromancy, and illusion, or swing a Vulkor's Edge for a bit of extra melee damage.

Shadowfell pumps your negative healing amp, your necromancy DCs by 4 and everything else by 2, and gives you negative energy healing every time you hit which, with your heal amp and reasonable negative spellpower (I shoot for 600ish), it synergizes very well and you're surprisingly sturdy. I tend to run in Shadowdancer for the +6 Int and evasion wearing light armor, giving you 100 MRR with evasion combined with insightful reflexes.

Mass hold, AoE nuke, chop down the survivors and death aura / lesser death aura / scion vampirism heal your way through redname fights. Very, very good farmer on elite where your self healing isn't degraded, and swapping your weapon for a nightmother's can give you enough DCs to provide beneficial CC for group play.
    Shadowfell is very interesting, just ignoring what is self heal heal in high reaper
    Prob will try it
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    GODS

Community Member

Shadowfell - I think this is a generally poor choice. You lose a ton of damage by going with Shadowfell and an EK probably isn't going to emphasize Necromantic spells anyway.

Arborea - This gives you a good chunk of spellpower, although it's less useful than the elemental ones. The melee power will probably end up being somewhere around +40 damage per attack, which is dwarfed by the additional damage dice on the elemental scions.

Elemental - I think Feywild is the clear winner here. If you're stuck with an invariant form of elemental damage, Sonic is the right one to be stuck with. Virtually nothing resists it and if you ever group with a Fatesinger (you probably won't), you'll get +50% damage. Combined with the +4 DC on Enchantment (one of the core schools of a DC caster) and it's hard to beat. Air for Electric/Evocation/Dodge can also be nice. Earth is also a solid choice for the PRR, although I view Conjuration as a weaker school than Enchantment or Evocation for a Wizard. In any case, the hundreds of extra damage/attack you'll receive from the +2d20 magical damage outweighs anything the above two bring to the table.