192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goggles

109 56.77%
  • Bracers

65 33.85%
  • Belt

18 9.38%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I cannot make an informed vote without more information.

What Minimum Level will apply for Sharn equipment? 15/30?

Will ML30 Sharn equipment include significantly more power than current ML30 Ravenloft equipment?

Will Sharn equipment cover all slots for all major character archetypes?
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    My characters now have one hundred Past Life Feats!

The Bashful Balladeer nazgul748's Avatar

Too much goodness in the belt and bracers slots. Goggles get my vote.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Anyone voting Belt is going to get beaten up by the elemental spellcasters.
    Until it turns out the new item gives an even better Enhancement bonus to spell power than the RL belts lol

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    An item that can be slotted in any of the 3.

If not possible then belt

Some type of cloth sash can be used as a blindfold/headband, a belt, or can be wrapped around the wrists.

It could work.

I would vote for that if it was an option. Lacking that I went with Goggles. Assuming I still want an RL set, I'm avoiding the belt slot for sure.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

If you have more than 1 toon running epic/raids and they are different how are you supposed to just pick one when I could want x for toon 1 and y for toon 2 Sigh. But I voted anyway
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 33, 76. Ozzbad 35, 36, 9, 23, 51. Ozzugly 39, 36, 15, 33, 93. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12, 34. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Until it turns out the new item gives an even better Enhancement bonus to spell power than the RL belts lol
    That's not going to happen since SSG already said they aren't going to be making anything else with Enhancement bonuses to spell power. Those were once and done.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Default Vote

I’d like to vote but am unsure how to do so. I think I prefer the goggles though.

edit - looks like I just couldn't do it from my phone's browser. Nothing to see here...
    Last edited by ThomasHunter; 01-12-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    I'm sad you had to post this, but it's probably necessary.
    Just trying to gain clarity on the overall design. That wasn't readily apparent in the developer's earlier comments.
    Last edited by Alcides; 01-11-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Community Member

An item that can be slotted with spells/potions/boosts, that will act like a guild buff, activating them all at once. Or a new hotbar with an activation key for all the slotted components that is awarded upon completion of the new content. Non offensive spells...

Belt of Masculinity/Femininity
    It's much easier to demonize those providing feedback (whining, childish, bringing the forums down, etc) or minimize their voice (small number, vocal, etc) than to accept the fact that the agro/stealth system just missed the mark.
    A good company learns to listen to their customers.

Default What is ML range?

Items in slots vary for me somewhat by level range. Also, low and high levels are so rapid that I don't really care.

So...it would be great to know broad intended functionality and expected ML.

Otherwise I vote for boot-slot. That's usually pretty flexible.

It is impossible to make a meaningful vote at this time, since we have no other information regarding this hypothetical item.
    Who will it be geared towards? Is that one of our options in the future?
    Will it have augment slots? Is that one of our options in the future?
    Do the potential properties change depending on the slot that is chosen now? For example, if we choose Goggles, True Seeing may be in a future poll whereas that property will never appear on Bracers or Belt?
    What is the minimum level? Is that one of our options in the future?

Personally I would love some really powerful utility goggles: True Seeing, Blindness Immunity, Fear Immunity, Petrification Immunity, Deathblock, Yellow Slot, Colorless Slot.
    Idea behind it being something along the lines of "what you can't see can't harm you" except you can see them, and can see very well. True Seeing and Blindness Immunity are already on goggles and make sense on them, Petrification Immunity also makes the most sense on goggles; have them be a one-way mirror to reflect Medusa gazes while still being able to look through them. A big reason for fear is not understanding something. If you can see things for what they really are, they suddenly become a lot less scary, hence Fear Immunity. Deathblock is the biggest stretch on this, but I figured might as well round out the list of immunities. Plus there are those Tangleroot clickies.

However for bracers I would prefer a quick swap/clicky rather than an item to wear 24/7. For example: Underwater Action, Evasion, Swim +30, Jump +30, Tumble +30, Displacement clicky (5 charges, CL 20) named something like "Bracers of Fluid Motion".
    Underwater Action, Swim and Evasion based on the Aquatic Bracers. Swim Like a Fish is too niche to really be useful, plain Evasion gives some reason to wear these past using as a clicky or a skill swap item but don't make them best in slot by any stretch. Jump and Tumble are more skill bonuses keeping with the theme of mobility. Displacement clicky is what takes this item from being "yeah there's stuff on it but realistically how often will someone ever put them on?" to "yeah, this is actually worth having in your inventory now". Not intended to permanently be affixed to your wrists (unless you REALLY want evasion) but anyone can get use out of them in some way.

Is it likely that either of these items would be buildable through polls? Probably not.
    Even if it was possible, would it be plausible for one to be the end result of polls? Not at all, especially depending on the order of the following polls. Due to the fact that we're going blind into future polls for what we're currently voting on, we could have one poll where Option A is clearly better than Option B, until we get to the next poll where Option B+Option 3 is far far better of a combination than Option A+Option 1, Option 2 or Option 3 and because of that, I can't justify voting for anything because it's all akin to pulling a random coin out of a hat and saying "This is my vote".
    If we get a list of what all future polls will be, then we would have the chance to discuss and strategize and plot out a course of which options work best together, which choice is best to vote for and if something else wins how to make the best item from then on.

Imagine you're driving a car and ask your 4 passengers (who have no map, no knowledge of where you are, and haven't been paying much attention to the drive) "Should we turn left, right, or go straight here?" 5-8 times. You'll more often than not end up somewhere that you can't do anything at. But give them all a map and they'll be able to determine how to get to a library, how to get to a restaurant, how to get to a park, how to get to the beach, etc. and you'll end up somewhere meaningful.
    Last edited by Kenpai; 01-11-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Nope, Sharn will have just one item, and you all have to share it.
    The item is exclusive to server. Once a character finds it, it is removed from the treasure tables.

The item has limited durability, and cannot be repaired. As soon as it is 'destroyed', it disappears from that character and returns to the loot tables.

It cannot be banked. Even as a backpack item, it garners damage as if equipped.
    It can be tossed out of pack, which essentially 'destroys' the item for return to the lists.
    If the item detects it's owner has not logged in for 1 week of real time, it self-destroys and returns to the lists.
    The owning character has a unique aura similar to Diablo's Tal Rasha set:

...etc.

-----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just in case someone thinks Lynnabel is being serious.....
    Ugh, you always ruin my best jokes :P....
    It's just that he's been around long enough to know some folks always fail their sarcasm detection rolls.

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Voting googles, and want to make a true rose colored glasses that adjusts your level by a factor imputed by you in such a way as to be able to group with friends by actually changing what level your toon is classified as.

I voted goggles because it seems that I always end up using Cannith Crafted goggles, due to nothing else being better.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Community Member

really cool idea! i i'm afraid the item will become pretty useless tho lol

Community Member

Greetings, all! We've been hard at work making our next expansion as fun as possible - and we want your help! Each week, starting right now, vote in a poll to help us choose the details of an item in Sharn. The winning option of each poll will change further decisions, and the end result will be able to be found inside the Sharn Expansion upon its release. Without further ado, we want to know - Goggles, Bracers, or Belt?

(For the lawyers: Our intention is to make the item based on your poll results, but we reserve the right to adjust the item if necessary.)
    Bracers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    I'm sad you had to post this, but it's probably necessary.

I like the Voltron idea posted in this thread as well. Voltron fits perfectly into Eberron too. Like perfectly. Don't call it Voltron though because yeah. It can be some different animal that is definitely not a lion.

Also glad to see goggles take the lead. Gotta be goggles.
    Obviously it would have to be an abashai
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

Belt of cooperation. All PCs must stay within 30 feet of each other. Benefit: no DA. People get untyped shock damage if they get over 40' away from other party members.

I guess that would work better as a collar...

One item per server. You're going to need to schedule a rotation. I'd recommend some sort of shared calendar.
    The person who has the belt is the only one on the server who can zerg. Everyone else must act lawful good.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Belt: major conflict with sets
    Bracers: some conflict with sets, and healing amp, con slot
    Goggles: minor conflict with sets, most goggles arent spectacular

Winner >>> Goggles, altho finding a recipee for a single item on a slot thats bonuses are often heavily oriented for a specific style.. will be interesting

Ideally if the item is made with generic effects, it would roll at least 1 effect randomly to support casting, ranging, meleeing, stealth, healing, etc..

At least thats how i see it.
    Which house? Share plz!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast