The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Default Adrenaline and Stealth

Does anyone now if Adrenaline itself knocks you out of Stealth?

Hap

you mean hitting a charge? I do not believe so. I think I played with it a bit at one point. You can adrenaline boost some attacks that keep you in stealth like assassinate, EK core one cleave (I think it still keeps you in stealth, not sure since recent pass), some TA cleaves etc. and still remain stealthed

I use Fury for stealth since you can fury melee a reaper and knock them helpless.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    you mean hitting a charge? I do not believe so. I think I played with it a bit at one point. You can adrenaline boost some attacks that keep you in stealth like assassinate, EK core one cleave (I think it still keeps you in stealth, not sure since recent pass), some TA cleaves etc. and still remain stealthed

I use Fury for stealth since you can fury melee a reaper and knock them helpless.
    That's great thanks. You can still use EK core one and in fact EK t5 Tempest in stealth. I'm trying out a bunch of new stealth builds that don't use assassinate at the moment and I've done a fair amount of testing. Will post something soon. There are some pretty interesting MC combos...

Hap

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post
    That's great thanks. You can still use EK core one and in fact EK t5 Tempest in stealth. I'm trying out a bunch of new stealth builds that don't use assassinate at the moment and I've done a fair amount of testing. Will post something soon. There are some pretty interesting MC combos...

Hap
    interesting. Don't forget the stacking nature of the faster sneaking enhancements. I feel that a good stealth build will want at least one, if not two; if just one, then tons of raw overall movement speed can make up a bit (like Druids get in wolf form or splashing barb onto rogues and bards).
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

interesting. Don't forget the stacking nature of the faster sneaking enhancements. I feel that a good stealth build will want at least one, if not two; if just one, then tons of raw overall movement speed can make up a bit (like Druids get in wolf form or splashing barb onto rogues and bards).
    Yes although I'm trying one without any sneak enhancements at the moment (although its Druid-based so has wolf form). Its not ideal but I've found tumble really handy for quick getaways after stealth strikes and there are a couple of wings-like abilities that you can do in stealth that help with manoeuvring. The biggest issue is getting past patrols. It might just be that I need to work in faster sneaking somewhere for that but at the moment its more about getting into position for a big hit (and staying in stealth).

Hap

Yes although I'm trying one without any sneak enhancements at the moment (although its Druid-based so has wolf form). Its not ideal but I've found tumble really handy for quick getaways after stealth strikes and there are a couple of wings-like abilities that you can do in stealth that help with manoeuvring. The biggest issue is getting past patrols. It might just be that I need to work in faster sneaking somewhere for that but at the moment its more about getting into position for a big hit (and staying in stealth).

Hap
    Even one rogue gets you access to assassin faster sneaking. If not getting to 4 rogue for trapmaking you can actually get trapmaking with two feats (nimble fingers then trapmaking). Costly ofc. But with trapmaking you can use noisemakers to move mobs.

Check out my wiki page links to other threads (e.g. how to act in plain site while not being seen).
    edit: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457293
    Last edited by Saekee; 01-11-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Even one rogue gets you access to assassin faster sneaking. If not getting to foir rogue for trapmaking you can actually get trapmaking with two feats (nimble fingers then trapmaking). Costly ofc. But with trapmaking you can use noisemakers to move mobs.

Check out my wiki page links to other threads (e.g. how to act in plain site while not being seen).
    edit: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457293
    Cool. I'm a bit of a lurker on your various stealth threads actually. You could say I'm a stealthy stealther or er, something.

I'm in the process of writing up some notes now. I wanted to test a little more and post some screenshots but hey, I can always update later. The issue I have with the current build is is that I already have two classes and was leaving the third for Cleric for access to Divine Might as its an all out damage build in stealth and cc out of it. In fact, I was trying to avoid rogue levels altogether as a way of showing you don't need to be a rogue to rogue so to speak but we shall see.

Anyway, it may well just be easier to take some rogue levels so I can get faster sneaking, trapping and full hide/MS progression but I've started now so I'll probably see this one through. I have another (well many but one in particular) build that does have rogue levels and has faster sneaking. It does make a big difference but I'm stubborn and trying to prove a point (and may well fail).

Hap

Cool. I'm a bit of a lurker on your various stealth threads actually. You could say I'm a stealthy stealther or er, something.

I'm in the process of writing up some notes now. I wanted to test a little more and post some screenshots but hey, I can always update later. The issue I have with the current build is is that I already have two classes and was leaving the third for Cleric for access to Divine Might as its an all out damage build in stealth and cc out of it. In fact, I was trying to avoid rogue levels altogether as a way of showing you don't need to be a rogue to rogue so to speak but we shall see.

Anyway, it may well just be easier to take some rogue levels so I can get faster sneaking, trapping and full hide/MS progression but I've started now so I'll probably see this one through. I have another (well many but one in particular) build that does have rogue levels and has faster sneaking. It does make a big difference but I'm stubborn and trying to prove a point (and may well fail).

Hap
    Glad to hear it! The Druid spells are great for hide and camouflage stacks with everything (is that a ranger one or do Druids get it too). You only need faster sneaking on one toon if using the insane speed of a wolf.

That said, dex builds sneak better since they get great HS and MS.

Glad to hear it! The Druid spells are great for hide and camouflage stacks with everything (is that a ranger one or do Druids get it too). You only need faster sneaking on one toon if using the insane speed of a wolf.

That said, dex builds sneak better since they get great HS and MS.
    Spiderskin and Pass without Trace are the Druid ones. I think Camouflage is Ranger only but as you say stacks with everything as its a determination bonus. The druid spells also stack with items I think so make up for any lost levels if Hide/MS aren't class skills.

Hap

That is intriguing if the druid spells stack. Should be easy to test.

Remember ofc that stealth is wrecked in reaper and by most quest design. A druid stealth build could probably overcome some of the frustrations though since you can self-heal well while fighting red names, champs etc. I think I would do heavy druid, maybe 1 rogue, 1 monk uncentered (you can still faster sneak uncentered) or 6 monk and use tier 5 ninja for doublestrike and wolf cores for crit multi. Maybe 13 druid/6 monk/1 rogue or something using a Brush hook mainhand and buff weapon offhand. Hmnnn..

That is intriguing if the druid spells stack. Should be easy to test.

Remember ofc that stealth is wrecked in reaper and by most quest design. A druid stealth build could probably overcome some of the frustrations though since you can self-heal well while fighting red names, champs etc. I think I would do heavy druid, maybe 1 rogue, 1 monk uncentered (you can still faster sneak uncentered) or 6 monk and use tier 5 ninja for doublestrike and wolf cores for crit multi. Maybe 13 druid/6 monk/1 rogue or something using a Brush hook mainhand and buff weapon offhand. Hmnnn..
    Yes, its definitely about finding your 'moments' in most quests for stealth. My build is 13 Druid/6 Wiz/1 Cleric. Its a weird one but its working so far. The build is predicated on as much melee power as possible for a first hit with Eldritch Tempest. Orcish rage doesn't break stealth and gives 40 MP so gives you a big boost to damage. Thats why I was asking about adrenaline - would make for a very nice initial hit.

13 Druid/5 Wiz/2 Monk would work pretty well too. Body of the Sun doesn't break stealth either which can have hilarious effects when you stealth through low level content with it on and fire SP ramped up.

Personally I really don't like Reaper so any excuse not to play in it is good to me although its hard to get groups these days without it. Buts that ok for playing with stealth - most groups are incompatible with stealth gameplay anyway.

I have been struggling with the game on 'normal' mode for a while now so its really nice to find motivation in a particular playstyle. I did a fair bit of stealthing back in the day and its nice to 'find' it again

Hap

Yes, its definitely about finding your 'moments' in most quests for stealth. My build is 13 Druid/6 Wiz/1 Cleric. Its a weird one but its working so far. The build is predicated on as much melee power as possible for a first hit with Eldritch Tempest. Orcish rage doesn't break stealth and gives 40 MP so gives you a big boost to damage. Thats why I was asking about adrenaline - would make for a very nice initial hit.

13 Druid/5 Wiz/2 Monk would work pretty well too. Body of the Sun doesn't break stealth either which can have hilarious effects when you stealth through low level content with it on and fire SP ramped up.

Personally I really don't like Reaper so any excuse not to play in it is good to me although its hard to get groups these days without it. Buts that ok for playing with stealth - most groups are incompatible with stealth gameplay anyway.

I have been struggling with the game on 'normal' mode for a while now so its really nice to find motivation in a particular playstyle. I did a fair bit of stealthing back in the day and its nice to 'find' it again

Hap
    Wow I had looked over crit boosts for melee adrenaline strikes right before EK so I had not looked into this. With the crit multi x3 so highly boosted, the AoE and thrreat range boost (don't forget Fury boosts it by 16), that could be awesome. Add fire stance for +1; wield a weapon with a high crit multi that keep you centered (either certain staves or a brush hook); OC +1; what else? Wolf for another +1 so x6? Edit: that is already in EK. On a x3 weapon, that is x9 adrenaline AoE...You can get some helpless dps boost too from wolf tree, very nice
    Last edited by Saekee; 01-11-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Wow I had looked over crit boosts for melee adrenaline strikes right before EK so I had not looked into this. With the crit multi x3 so highly boosted, the AoE and thrreat range boost (don't forget Fury boosts it by 16), that could be awesome. Add fire stance for +1; wield a weapon with a high crit multi that keep you centered (either certain staves or a brush hook); OC +1; what else? Wolf for another +1 so x6? Edit: that is already in EK. On a x3 weapon, that is x9 adrenaline AoE...You can get some helpless dps boost too from wolf tree, very nice
    Yes, I'm getting some big numbers on Eldritch Tempest and all as an aoe whilst staying in stealth.

The helpless bonus is also nice although it's more an out of stealth attack if you're in animal form as the two stealth stuns (Shield Stun & Mighty Slam) don't work in animal form. I'm playing around with Roar whilst I level. It's strictly a non stealth ability but it's absolutely incredible. Two quick animal form attacks and you have an aoe stun. You can even charge it ahead of time as it doesn't actually require a hit. But that is a bit off topic

The other build I'm working on uses Renegade Mastermakers Mighty Slam which is a very quick cooldown stun (15 seconds?) that has a great follow up with Battlefist. For single targets you can easily keep them stun/trip locked which is fun.

Hap
    Last edited by Haphazarduk; 01-12-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Yes, I'm getting some big numbers on Eldritch Tempest and all as an aoe whilst staying in stealth.

The helpless bonus is also nice although it's more an out of stealth attack if you're in animal form as the two stealth stuns (Shield Stun & Mighty Slam) don't work in animal form. I'm playing around with Roar whilst I level. It's strictly a non stealth ability but it's absolutely incredible. Two quick animal form attacks and you have an aoe stun. You can even charge it ahead of time as it doesn't actually require a hit. But that is a bit off topic

The other build I'm working on uses Renegade Mastermakers Mighty Slam which is a very quick cooldown stun (15 seconds?) that has a great follow up with Battlefist. For single targets you can easily keep them stun/trip locked which is fun.

Hap
    I can see the EK tier 5 adrenaline boosted hit followed by the first core one. The long cooldowns are not an issue for stealthplay.

My two challenges in stealth have not been trash. It has been reapers autopinging you and the huge defenses and healing needed to take down bosses on reaper

I can see the EK tier 5 adrenaline boosted hit followed by the first core one. The long cooldowns are not an issue for stealthplay.

My two challenges in stealth have not been trash. It has been reapers autopinging you and the huge defenses and healing needed to take down bosses on reaper
    I haven't tried much stealth in reaper yet. Can you bluff pull reapers or does that attract attention? Guess I should try it out a bit but I'm not mad keen on Reaper mode anyway.

Yes, in general cooldowns not an issue but sometimes a faster cooldown can be quite useful when it all kicks off out of stealth and it speeds up a couple of situations in stealth where patrols are quite tight and you can stun and take out two patrollers in a row in relatively quick succession.

I'm looking forward to adrenalined Eldritch tempest. Need to finish levelling my toon...

Hap

I haven't tried much stealth in reaper yet. Can you bluff pull reapers or does that attract attention? Guess I should try it out a bit but I'm not mad keen on Reaper mode anyway.

Yes, in general cooldowns not an issue but sometimes a faster cooldown can be quite useful when it all kicks off out of stealth and it speeds up a couple of situations in stealth where patrols are quite tight and you can stun and take out two patrollers in a row in relatively quick succession.

I'm looking forward to adrenalined Eldritch tempest. Need to finish levelling my toon...

Hap
    The two druid spells for HS/MS do indeed stack with gear; the tooltip says enhancement bonus! That is good to know.

You can bluff pull reapers but you need to be the right distance. I have a workbook on stealthing reaper with stuff in there on it. The problem is that in stealthplay, you often bypass a lot of mobs whereas with Reaper, you cannot. IF a reaper is amidst them, it is often aggro of everyone; if not, you might pass them only to run into another later. Some exceptions, not many.