Community Member

Default Looking for a build for a new player

I am a new player to ddo and I haven't found a build that is suitable for my liking. I've been looking for a build that can basically solo everything. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

True neutral human warlock with fiend pact. Look at builds you will find one.
    Robopit-16 Arti, 2 Paladin, 2 Rogue
    Moltenrock-12 FvS, 2 Paladin, 6 Wizard, 8 Epic
    Caizel-20 Bard, 8 Epic
    Doresain-Depends so don't List
    Alignment Test Shows me as Neutral Evil (True Evil) HA!
    Officer of Lava Divers

Quote Originally Posted by Cilian View Post
    I am a new player to ddo and I haven't found a build that is suitable for my liking. I've been looking for a build that can basically solo everything. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.
    These aren't much in style nowadays, but I think Warforged Artificers are a cool first life/solo build. You can heal yourself with repair spells, using a repeating crossbow will put distance between you and your enemies, and you will have the ability to open locks and disarm traps for yourself. Taking 2 levels of Rogue will give you Evasion; a popular choice. A pretty self-sufficient archetype. I wish I had an up-to-date 2019 build for you, but I don't have time at the moment. Check these links out for an idea...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...used-artificer
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Starting_an_Artificer
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

He's new, he doesn't have Artificer.

But other than that, great suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilian View Post
    I am a new player to ddo...
    Welcome to the game! Are you Free-to-Play, or VIP? (Important diff re character options!)

Also, do you plan to go into Epic play (past 20 to 30), or just aiming for 20 atm? (If you didn't get the Expansions (there was a recent holiday sale), you're pro'ly not going to 30 yet.)

I've been looking for a build that can basically solo everything...
    So, you want it all and you want it now? Not too much to ask out of the gate...

Yeah, Warlock in general is pretty strong. If you want to splash 2 Rogue Levels (@ 1 & 8), you can also do traps - tho' the stat requirements (+Int for skill points) will lower your overall DPS a bit.

Some other strong options would be a Rogue Mechanic, or (if you like casters) a Pale Trapper (Wiz/Rog 2). Ranger/Trappers (ranged or melee, affectionately called "Tempest Trapmonkeys") are another popular 1st life "cover all bases" build.

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759353