Thread: Cabal trap

Default Cabal trap

This has probably been brought up before

the one trap in Cabal for One cannot be disarmed due to the placement of the control box and/or the conal effects of the jets. I suggest/request the box be moved just a bit further down the passageway it's in to remedy this.

thank you

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skippyoo1 View Post
    This has probably been brought up before

the one trap in Cabal for One cannot be disarmed due to the placement of the control box and/or the conal effects of the jets. I suggest/request the box be moved just a bit further down the passageway it's in to remedy this.

thank you
    I'm unfamiliar with that one.
    The corridor with the jets can be disarmed by jumping on the rock near the trap box as I recall, though you might be talking about a different one.

I've never had any major problems disabling that random (Acid, Fire and Poison; jets in corridor before shrine) trap within the quest 'A Cabal for One'.

It does help you have some Evasion, good reflex saves and perhaps even trigger Uncanny Dodge, if you have that available when disabling the trap.

I haven't really noticed (cannot recall) if there was a completely safe spot to stand (from the sprays) though I believe there are completely safe spots by the trap's Control box. Some places are better than others to stand with that trap. Generally I wouldn't be taking that much trap damage when disabling that trap anyway and I believe it is "Working As Intended".

Yes it has been addressed before.

Once you get past the traps just use a remove poison pot and stand next to the wall in the poison spray. No damage and the box is targetable and can be easily disabled. If you are taking elemental damage just back up a bit to hit the sweet spot.

Trelaf

This is what I posted in the other thread and still works, no evasion needed

Trelaf

good luck
    Some people are like Slinkies
    They don't really have a purpose
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Yes it has been addressed before.

Once you get past the traps just use a remove poison pot and stand next to the wall in the poison spray. No damage and the box is targetable and can be easily disabled. If you are taking elemental damage just back up a bit to hit the sweet spot.

Trelaf

This is what I posted in the other thread and still works, no evasion needed

Trelaf

good luck
    I think the use of the "poison immunity" from Remove Poison, even with its short duration, is often overlooked by players. Not only is this good for this situation, but it is also very helpful in a few other places in the game where you run through poison traps.

Community Member

I ran this quest again, because the poison theory did not fit my recollection.

The trap goes in this order: poison, acid, acid, control panel, acid, poison, fire.

Using neutralize poison and standing in the spray, one still takes poison damage (just immune from the lasting effects).

Running it on a lower difficulty, it is possible to save versus the acid and take no damage long enough to disarm the trap (it may also require acid resistance). I could not find a spot between acid traps that was safe where I was not showing saving throws (it looks like this could be the intended solution with the space between acid sprays where the control panel is).

The only way that I believe this trap is currently able to be disarmed at higher difficulty levels is by standing against the wall where the far poison spray is and reaching past the acid spray. The poison spray jets come from the opposite wall, and this one does not reach the control panel wall (there is a small safe spot).

On the other hand, if someone can show evidence of another valid approach, I would like to see it (screenshot of a combat log being hit by poison but taking no poison damage, etc.).

I'm aware this post is few months old, but I haven't really bothered to do any testing of the above trap "safe spots" because its a trap I never have any major problem disabling. Although today, I was on my first life Level 20 Assassin, and was lucky enough to get this trap again... So I took off most of my wearable items to reduce the chance of me saving against the trap's Poison effects, etc.

I didn't bother looking for any "safe spots" or reposition myself, I just stood next to the Control Panel etc.

If I got interrupted disarming; it was once at the most? I cannot recall. Since I rolled: "1" the poison did take hold, which was good. Obviously I saved against all the Acid sprays and successfully disarmed the trap. I'm sure if I looked for a "safer spot" I'd probably be able to find one. I just dumped myself between the two sprays at random, like I do normally with that trap. :-)