Default End Game Equiping a THF?

My guild and I just got back from a several year hiatus. Been back at it for a good month or so now and loving the new content, but there's been so much change.

So, what's the end-game optimal gear setup as of late? The Slaver's and Ravenloft gear has been what I've been eyeing. Where should a L27 raging horc thf go to get the best gear?
    Last edited by Custard; 12-28-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Well, there's you problem. You're only crushing your enemies. In order to maximize DPS as a barb, you also must drive them before you and invoke the lamentations of their women. Anything else makes you a fighter...
    Gilainn - Raihm - Barael - Porksoda/Improved Initiative / Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Custard View Post
    My guild and I just got back from a several year hiatus. Been back at it for a good month or so now and loving the new content, but there's been so much change.

So, what's the end-game optimal gear setup as of late? The Slaver's and Ravenloft gear has been what I've been eyeing. Where should a L27 raging horc thf go to get the best gear?
    First of all, you might consider checking out SWF. Due to the increase in available Doublestrike and larger critical ranges (neither of which affect glancing blows), the THF feat line has become considerably weaker than the other alternatives.

Also, the Legendary Silent Avenger set (not available until 29) is considered nearly mandatory for endgame dps. That's going to consume your chest, belt and back slot.

Community Member

For crypt raider i went like this:
    Goggles: Precision lenses (from White Plume)
    Helm: Age of rage str helm (Night falls on stormreach)
    Necky: Crypt raider (Ruins of berez)
    Trinket: Bloodrage chrism (Baba)
    Cloak: Scarlet scale (+4 qual con and adherents) Not sure where this drops
    Belt: Slavers (Sheltering/Intim/Deception/Qual Str) <Edit: Make this hide instead of intim if using ethereal scion, which is probably a better choice than arborea
    Gloves: Molten silver (Baba)
    Boots: Softsole slippers (Wrath of earth)
    Bracers: Lore-fueled packbanner (A raven at the door? Or invitation to dinner)
    Armor: Crypt raider (Amber temple)
    Ring1: Prowess (Good intentions)
    Ring2: Nightfall (Fresh baked dreams)
    Weapon either falchion from Toxic treatment or Torn
    Tremor for skellies
    Affirmation LGS falchion

Silent avenger is better dps though, but havent figured out how to gear that. Maybe something like this?

Necky: Reflective bloodstone (raven at the door) (for the mrr+adherent)
    Trinket: Bloodrage chrism (Baba)
    Cloak: Silent avenger (Amber temple)
    Belt: Silent avenger (Wizard of wines)
    Boots: Softsole slippers (Wrath of earth)
    Armor: Silent avenger (Fresh baked dreams)
    Ring1: Slavers Con/Accuracy/Intim/Qual Str

Am currently running SWF barbie with Flow mainhand and the orb from Fresh baked dreams off hand. Really nice and lazy gear set up since you can get away with skipping a slavers item. The only annoying part is having to swap in Softsole slippers every time you put on spell absorb cloak (ghostly for reapers), and not having intim slotted means most stuff will ignore you. Can still swap in charisma skills helm from age of rage + intim goggles for those times you need to cheese r10s...

Necky: Shroud of ardent from Mark of death raid (Mrr+heal amp)
    Trinket: Echo of ravenkind (baba)
    Cloak: Silent avenger (Amber temple)
    Belt: Silent avenger (Wizard of wines)
    Boots: Knife-toed boots (Qual STR+seeker)
    Armor: Silent avenger (Fresh baked dreams)
    Ring1: Prowess
    Last edited by Nazanin; 12-25-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks for the replies!

What are you using for Filigree's? I started with the first of a 2-piece from Sucker Punch for the +5 Melee set bonus. since I had the rare +5 melee power filigree already. But I think One Against Many might be a better way to go for that. I was also looking at the 3 pieces of Celerity for the double strike and perma-haste. Longshadow's 3-piece effect is pretty awesome.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Well, there's you problem. You're only crushing your enemies. In order to maximize DPS as a barb, you also must drive them before you and invoke the lamentations of their women. Anything else makes you a fighter...
    Gilainn - Raihm - Barael - Porksoda/Improved Initiative / Argonnessen

Community Member

I suggest you the falchion from jorasco new pack
    From what i know blood crism from baba raid should work only with a 2hd weapon...
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

Community Member

Thanks for the replies!

What are you using for Filigree's? I started with the first of a 2-piece from Sucker Punch for the +5 Melee set bonus. since I had the rare +5 melee power filigree already. But I think One Against Many might be a better way to go for that. I was also looking at the 3 pieces of Celerity for the double strike and perma-haste. Longshadow's 3-piece effect is pretty awesome.

Thoughts?
    Yeah just go for whatever you have good filigrees for. Eventually once you get 5 slots go for prowess set bonus. I'd recommend starting to feed a 2nd gem once you reach 5 slots on your first. You'll want to put 5 piece Blood feast in the second gem which is 1000 temp hp every time you rage (at level 30). It's quite the game changer. Take all the extra rages in fb and you end up with like 12 uses. Basically you rage and get 1000 hp, then just drop rage and rage again when you take enough damage. If you never run with a healer this should perhaps come before 5 piece prowess.

Community Member

We should rename the thread and make it endgame equiping barbs for dps, thf, swf and twf. I'd love to hear some feedback on twf options and examining the differences in the silent avenger set and ethereal feat or knight of shadows and arborea or perhaps a mix to get some perspective from people already at the top.