Default Monster Manual rewards

Asking for a small addition to the rewards list.

Why? take the specific monster type list of any monster. The time sync involved to achieve a complete list vs the reward isn't there.

I look at the MM as an individual "challenge". Sure the creature companions is cool, and something worthwhile for those that use them, but the majority of players don't. The 250 remnants is nice, as the medium jewel of fortune etc... Im just suggesting or asking if we can get a little extra for the effort. Maybe it would help bolster sales for non-vips.

Feel free to add you suggestions on possible rewards.

Cookies.

Free Gold dice rolls.

Turn a category into a favored enemy used by all classes for a complete list.

Remnant boosts.

Sentient XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Im just suggesting or asking if we can get a little extra for the effort.

Some would say this is power creep and thus eeeeevil, but I would totally be behind this. The idea of bonus favored enemy for filling out an entry makes sense to me and would be awesome imo, but only if it was via the character entries (and thus granted only to that character which fills it out), not the account entries.

...on the other hand, only the first few MM are free, while all others must be purchased. While you can earn TP in game, you cannot earn the MM's directly in game. Thus - at least the idea of a bonus favored enemy feat - would be the closest form of "pay-to-win", as the store bought MM's would be the only way to gain those mechanical bonuses.

...as this is a PVE game, my definition of "winning" is not the same as if this were a PVP game. I personally view DDO's business model as more of a "pay-for-convenience" model. With the exception of expansion packs and to a lesser extent p2p adventure packs, everything that gives a mechanical benefit (more character power) can be earned via pure game play, it's just that it will take a while and (depending on the thing) some RNG in your favor. Putting a character power boost exclusive to MMs will put purchasable MMs in the same camp as adventure packs (some loot can only drop in certain p2p quests after all), except that there are no guest passes for MMs and no playable content with MMs. It will definitely boost MM sales for nonVIP players, but is also more "pay-to-win" than anything else currently available imo.

...and now I am torn on the idea. XD

(of course, I'm only thinking about the favored enemy for character categories filled idea, which is thematically my favorite idea from your list)

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    ...on the other hand, only the first few MM are free, while all others must be purchased. While you can earn TP in game, you cannot earn the MM's directly in game. Thus - at least the idea of a bonus favored enemy feat - would be the closest form of "pay-to-win", as the store bought MM's would be the only way to gain those mechanical bonuses.

...as this is a PVE game, my definition of "winning" is not the same as if this were a PVP game. I personally view DDO's business model as more of a "pay-for-convenience" model. With the exception of expansion packs and to a lesser extent p2p adventure packs, everything that gives a mechanical benefit (more character power) can be earned via pure game play, it's just that it will take a while and (depending on the thing) some RNG in your favor. Putting a character power boost exclusive to MMs will put purchasable MMs in the same camp as adventure packs (some loot can only drop in certain p2p quests after all), except that there are no guest passes for MMs and no playable content with MMs. It will definitely boost MM sales for nonVIP players, but is also more "pay-to-win" than anything else currently available imo.

...and now I am torn on the idea. XD

(of course, I'm only thinking about the favored enemy for character categories filled idea, which is thematically my favorite idea from your list)
    Except you have to buy those adventure packs if you aren't VIP, and you also have to buy MM when not VIP, so really both would be pay to win? I mean, since you technically grind out the rewards from both, they are both equal in the P2W category.

As a ViP player I forgot about people purchasing the manuals.

And that drives at the heart of this thread. Is it worth the store points? NO.

Based on current rewards, it should totally free for everybody.

Up the rewards, so people will have a reason to buy them. Right now, people have no incentive.

DDO Players Council ShinobiKitten's Avatar

i know its not quite what you'd want but i'd actually like morecosmetic creature companions. why can't we get a kobold? or an ooze? or a little hellcat? we get hellpups hehe.

though i must say, i like any idea that could get my extra gold rolls~
    Leader of The Thousand Swords, a Cannith-based guild. We are always recruiting people who enjoy playing the game as much as we do. Contact 'Zylitsuki' in game for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiKitten View Post
    i know its not quite what you'd want but i'd actually like morecosmetic creature companions. why can't we get a kobold? or an ooze? or a little hellcat? we get hellpups hehe.

though i must say, i like any idea that could get my extra gold rolls~
    they have kobolds
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Asking for a small addition to the rewards list.

Why? take the specific monster type list of any monster. The time sync involved to achieve a complete list vs the reward isn't there.

I look at the MM as an individual "challenge". Sure the creature companions is cool, and something worthwhile for those that use them, but the majority of players don't. The 250 remnants is nice, as the medium jewel of fortune etc... Im just suggesting or asking if we can get a little extra for the effort. Maybe it would help bolster sales for non-vips.

Feel free to add you suggestions on possible rewards.

Cookies.

Free Gold dice rolls.

Turn a category into a favored enemy used by all classes for a complete list.

Remnant boosts.

Sentient XP.
    Agreed actually, since you know everything about them.

As a Premium player with multiple accounts I primarily unlock the Monster Manuals for Experience. It adds up surprisingly fast! Of the rewards, I like DDO Points best, then Mysterious Remnants, then Astral Shards, then Creature Companions. I consider the Medium Jewels of Fortune almost worthless.

If the game ever gets more Monster Manual entries, I suppose I would like to see the return of DDO Points first, then Mysterious Remnants. Ten monsters at 50 DDO Points each (500 total) pays for the Manual while adding a new source of Experience. Ten monsters at 1,000 Mysterious Remnants each (10,000 total) amounts to a nice perk.

However, I would put my money on a new Monster Manual released right now paying Threads of Fate. That would be fine, too.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

A plea to the devs to consider revamping the reward system.

IMHO for the most part, players ignore the MM because there's little incentive to focus on it. A majority of players are on a TR train, they could care less about the MM. New players think it's cool until they start to try and farm them, then they get ignored quickly.

A great example is completing the named creatures of any creature. Why would I put (in many cases) a huge time sink into getting all the named spiders, or trogs etc... when there's nothing to entice me?

Have an up-gradable manual available, like a gold manual, where it's 25% more kills required to get some type very special reward.

How about adding a + to resistances or immunity to their special attacks, for completing the named list.

During the GenCon 19 interview w/ Severlin, Cordovan & staff, a statement was made. "we're really looking to expand our player experiences". Well here's starting point for something cool.

Ideas for rewards are wide open. Ive had a few minor brainstorms (Im getting old and these are less frequent lately)

Elementals *as an example*', maybe an augment or filigree, weapons, or items w/ corresponding resistances, special attack clickies, a super cool cosmetic, or as suggested an creature companion.

Completing an objective w/ any one of the manuals (1 - 7 eg) could have a tiered craftable augment, item etc....

Maybe a Monster Manual event, similar to other events. Weekend type deals. Store sales w/ % off selected manuals, special rewards for completing assigned objectives. Special drops in quests w/ boosts (like slayer pots) Special named creatures of related environments that appear in those quests, eg Archons, goblins, orthons etc.. which would heighten the players chance to get a named for their manual they might not ever get.

For the marketing dept....
    Slayer pots,
    % chance for named to appear pots
    MM upgrades
    XP boosts
    named purchases

Others in this thread have some solid ideas as well. Nemesis Alien has his respawn thread, if we take this info, take the concepts in this thread and create a platform to enhance the Monster Manuals. you would be "expanding player experiences"

I hope youz guyz (SSG) chime in on this. It's a great option in the game thats ignored.
    Last edited by Lagin; 09-17-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I don't recall lamas being within the game ?
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !