Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Well, if not; what is the goal of this thread?
    To give characters a quick boost as they earn lives, so they can become more useful in that content, earlier.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Well, if not; what is the goal of this thread?
    You've played the game a long time. The gap between max power and starting power has increased exponentially as more and more grind and the pay to mitigate it have been added over time.

You could visualize it as an ever widening V with ways to leap across it being sold in the store. The list is long I will not list it.

Maybe you're ok with the ever increasing gap.

But to act like this is the same game as 2009 or 2010 or even 2012...

It's clearly not.

Some people don't like this change. Some people say the gap makes playing alts inefficient.

Some people in this thread dismiss to varying degrees the power that comes from the grind while the same people have have spent hours upon hours grinding out the same rewards they so readily discount the value of.

That's a little bit of my take on the subject of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorin View Post
    You've played the game a long time. The gap between max power and starting power has increased exponentially as more and more grind and the pay to mitigate it have been added over time.

You could visualize it as an ever widening V with ways to leap across it being sold in the store. The list is long I will not list it.

Maybe you're ok with the ever increasing gap.

But to act like this is the same game as 2009 or 2010 or even 2012...

It's clearly not.

Some people don't like this change. Some people say the gap makes playing alts inefficient.

Some people in this thread dismiss to varying degrees the power that comes from the grind while the same people have have spent hours upon hours grinding out the same rewards they so readily discount the value of.

That's a little bit of my take on the subject of this thread.
    mine too, with the additional personal annotation that I think that greater abyss of power is detrimental to the game. And that I believe that the abyss should be shortened, to be more similar to what was in the past. There are several ways to do this, and personally I do not have a preference for one or the other, I just think devs have gone too far in introducing grinds and rewards into the game, and it's time to evaluate the problems that this has created.

And, above all, the devs should be aware of what they have done, and think it very well before creating new grinds that add to the previous ones. Most games shorten old grinds before adding new ones, and this has not been done in DDO
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819