Thread: DDO Mythology

Default DDO Mythology

After playing this game for a long time I still don't know who all the Gods and Goddesses in the game are.

?? Anyone know the ones not included in cleric options but still part of the game some way, such as Lolth?

ThX
    (DDO PVP PVE 24/7 options options come check us out better then ever!!!) = (+) Sales
    (DDO PVE only, 10k isn't required, no need to TR 150 times, don't worry) = (-) Scary
    Live large, you are awesome, you are here, you are happening! Sincerely, Proton

The Dark Six

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    The Dark Six
    If there were really only six why is it I've found THOUSANDS of their blades.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    If there were really only six why is it I've found THOUSANDS of their blades.
    Well, I think they keep forgetting where they put them after a night on the town

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yikes!

You'll get allot of names by listening to the explorers. For example, Null, Thunderholm.

What others have you heard?

I can't remember the name of the pouty one from the Orchard of Macabre?

"Those accursed adventurers disrupted my ascension to godhood! I'll make them pay for their foolish arrogance when my full power returns. Fortunately the simpletons think I have been destroyed. That will allow me to plan my next attempt in peace."

The key word is "disrupted" if you've got doubts of pouty's godhood in little g : ) )

Also this guy wants to take some NPC back to the Shverath and put him to the question? Not sure about that one. Doesn't sound like that particular journey would end in a good time, yikes! Sulimadies?
    Last edited by Livmo; 12-13-2018 at 11:12 PM. Reason: I hate spelling :/

Community Member
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Why nobody worship cats in DDO!

Community Member

I want to worship Eilistraee and dance naked.

Saekee
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Elminster's 9th Message
    Knew ye not that harming cats has been forbidden by Crown law in Cormyr, from the first? It's been posted on law boards throughout the land for centuries. If there's no such sign between Eberron and here, 'tis only because its theft has not been brought to the attention of a Crown official.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Elminster's 9th Message
    Knew ye not that harming cats has been forbidden by Crown law in Cormyr, from the first? It's been posted on law boards throughout the land for centuries. If there's no such sign between Eberron and here, 'tis only because its theft has not been brought to the attention of a Crown official.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarledmaw View Post
    I suppose if these deities made their presence more obvious players might figure out the mythology in the game instead of out of it. While there is a list they feel like meaningless names, somehow irrelevant and not ever present. Sure, they grant spells, but even that seems divorced somehow of any sensation those spells connect to some domain and god or goddess. Maybe one God's granted spells glow a bit more green, that already helps some. Unique spells where the clerics call the name of their Gods outloud would amp up their presence a lot. Other things probably would to, such as witnessing a God fight some epic Demon in the wilderness, not a quest, just a random bad ass interesting event that sudden spices up the mythology 1000 times.. it could be a super long fight and players could try to join in, only to discover how quickly they get owned by these uber beings, and their best option is to simply be spectators and place bets. Reality in DDO has become too predictable I suppose. Perhaps it has something to do with too many TRs? I hear there was some events in the place where monsters invaded market place and mythology seemed to play a much bigger role if that happened. Too bad stuff like that doesn't happen ever now.
    (DDO PVP PVE 24/7 options options come check us out better then ever!!!) = (+) Sales
    (DDO PVE only, 10k isn't required, no need to TR 150 times, don't worry) = (-) Scary

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Toxoplasma forces cat worship :P I am pretty certain I am infected with it myself and my brain has fused a symbiont relationship with these invading organic cells (that literally invade brain tissue and force cat worship). As a result I am less hesitant, have more energy, and am more aggressive - and also acquire some cat like traits possibly, not sure about that - I am also more reckless, more daring, and less concerned with caution. Knowing it effects my mind like this allows me to focus on those areas and refine them so I am not overly reckless, dare deviling my life on a rope, or making irrational decisions. My own brain cells are capable of reciprocal influence, thus my own version is a modified one. Cells are just a bunch of programmable DNA after all, that are easily effected by emotional vibrations, which tell the DNA how to behave, when to double, or when to die. Commanding the death of bad cells is something most humans don't know how to do, so they just get old and die instead. It isn't something you can just do though, it is easier to command someone else really, as it requires a lot of self control, the ability to command one's own desires, and overcome impulsive behaviors.

Now I adored Ninja, he was on a pedastal no doubt! My other two cats aren't the same. He is missed, I will find that spirit and we will be homey's once again! I must wonder if being close to that cat, I got a strong dose of its cells and that is part of the bond? While I do love all cats and would climb a tree or go out of my way to save one, I was in particular very very close to Ninja, who would come every single time I was not feeling well and make me feel better. We had a very powerful psychic bond, losing him caused me to shut down for several months and literally changed time on this world as it would have been otherwise. It was a harsh lesson to absorb, that losing a loved one must be confronted now and understood as life prepares me to lose more.

In his dying face I saw everyone I love dying. Death smiled at me and practically winked at me there, at one point some odd spirit of death leaped from his head as if it wanted to grab me but evaporated before it could touch me. I saw other things of this sort, his death was not a normal pet dies kind of event. Ninja was not an ordinary pet! I will not let go my suffering, but it will launch me forward and remain with my convictions, deeper then words, guiding me through time to time's solutions!