Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default What would your real life stats be if who you are now is the level 1 version?

My real life stats relative to the commonality of other people's stats...... if I were a D&D character and the highest stat was 20 and such were starter stats meaning myself as I am now while everything else is up to self-improvement. Your answer will say a bit about you..........

Intelligence-14
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-18
    Charisma-5
    Wisdom-20

5=Ultra low
    12=Average
    14=A little above average
    18=Impressive
    20=Exceptional

The lower the stat, the easier it is to improve, the higher the stat the harder it is to improve.

Intelligence that is a little above average with an exceptional wisdom means that learning becomes easier, however if your charisma is lower finding good teachers becomes more difficult.

A low charisma with a high wisdom means that your wisdom is often outside of the norm and often not compatible with popular opinion or simply irritates people.

If someone maxes their charisma and intelligence, it's an indication of possible narcissism, this possibility increases if they also max their wisdom as such is a self-estimation.

If your strength is equal to your intelligence it is a good indication that you are someone who values self-improvement, however if your constitution is low the strength stat can make sense to be even significantly lower than your constitution and you still be someone who values self-improvement.

In making your character, please try and "meditate" on this model for a while as it helps with self-reflection. Some statements you can make about yourself are equally false, overly-self-critical, and arrogant all at the same time and so something being in between being overly-self-critical and arrogant does not make it true but a lot of people treat it that way and in that case the core of the arrogance is failing to challenge the falsehood while treating it as fact.

Based on your resulting stats, what class would you be? Right now I am quite unsure of what my class would be based on said stats........

A high dexterity would suggest that you are good with your hands, have good balance, and not be someone that is known to be clumsy.

Last edited by Lokeal_The_Flame; 12-12-2018 at 06:28 PM.

STATS*
    Str: 12
    Dex: 9
    Con: 18
    Int: 14
    Wis: 9
    Cha: 18

Class: Bard

*For fairness, I consulted my family on what they would say my stats are. They all pretty much said the same numbers for each stat, so I went with it.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Str 10
    Dex 10
    Con 8
    Int 14
    Wis 14
    Cha 10

... and a CR of 0.25, probably.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Intelligence-14
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-15
    Charisma-12
    Wisdom-16

Class: Ranger
    Last edited by Thorboar; 12-13-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post
    Str 10
    Dex 10
    Con 8
    Int 14
    Wis 14
    Cha 10

... and a CR of 0.25, probably.
    You have given the only honest reply this thread will have.

A str of 18 would give a starting job on the offensive or defensive line of every nfl team.
    An 18 dex would make a person an olympic gymnist.
    Etc etc.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    You have given the only honest reply this thread will have.

A str of 18 would give a starting job on the offensive or defensive line of every nfl team.
    An 18 dex would make a person an olympic gymnist.
    Etc etc.
    I listed my constitution as 18 due to never getting sick while everyone else does and due to some surprising survivals, one in which made the newspaper. Remember these are starter stats, you pretty much get a free racial base of 5 to 8 on each stat if we go loosely by DDO logic in which I am admittedly doing so.

Honestly, I think there is much up to interpretation here and calling everyone's stat estimate dishonest might be a bit of a leap, also it is important to know that having 20 on any stat does not make you the best as you are only a level 1. This post was actually inspired by a japanese anime genre called Isekai, I highly recommend that genre as I can't get enough of it.

Every estimate represents you in this world, translated as you are thrown into the world of D&D as a measly level one all the while your eyes open to the fact that you have room for growth that may not have been there before.

The stat averages are split between the averages upon character creation and the averages on how you compare to those around you in the real world.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    I listed my constitution as 18 due to never getting sick while everyone else does and due to some surprising survivals, one in which made the newspaper. Remember these are starter stats, you pretty much get a free racial base of 5 to 8 on each stat if we go loosely by DDO logic in which I am admittedly doing so.

Honestly, I think there is much up to interpretation here and calling everyone's stat estimate dishonest might be a bit of a leap, also it is important to know that having 20 on any stat does not make you the best as you are only a level 1. This post was actually inspired by a japanese anime genre called Isekai, I highly recommend that genre as I can't get enough of it.

Every estimate represents you in this world, translated as you are thrown into the world of D&D as a measly level one all the while your eyes open to the fact that you have room for growth that may not have been there before.

The stat averages are split between the averages upon character creation and the averages on how you compare to those around you in the real world.
    Dont mind me. I'm an old cranky man that is still locked in the days where you rolled a 3d6 for your starting stats and took what you got. That would give an average of 10.5 in every stat. A 13 or 14 wss actualy really good. A 16 or better in any stat was freaking amazing.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    Dont mind me. I'm an old cranky man that is still locked in the days where you rolled a 3d6 for your starting stats and took what you got. That would give an average of 10.5 in every stat. A 13 or 14 wss actualy really good. A 16 or better in any stat was freaking amazing.
    The 1st thing i thought when seeing the numbers was... "1 of these random pages with premade answers and descriptions would be more accurate"

Best way to figure about stats would be checking the equivalent in mobs, in fact the book explained that "average" meant for adventurers, not common humans, so as you said having 12 str was average for a guy who worked killing mobs and carrying armor and gear, havig 14 int or wid would qualify for ruling your own land lol

Average for humans is more like between 8-10, just remember that casters need a stat of 10+ lvl of the spell, which itself is an explanation of how hard are these values to reach, has any1 checked elminster stats?

That said my stats would be all 9, cause it's free and with 1 point changes my modifier
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post

Most of the attributes posted here are scaled to what players rate themselves at character creation in DDO or similar games, but forget that a level 1 adventurer is actually already physically and/or mentally more robust than your average civilian will normally achieve. I'm not saying they're downright lying or overestimating themselves, but they're probably using the wrong scale if you base off 3.5e.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Community Member

STR 10
    DEX 8
    CON 3
    INT 6
    WIS 3
    CHA 3

In 3.5, I'd be a Commoner Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorboar View Post
    Intelligence-14
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-15
    Charisma-12
    Wisdom-16

Class: Ranger

There are some very good points made...started thinking yea that isn't very accurate...now that I compare myself to NFL linemen and Olympic athletes. But, like the Op said, I was comparing myself to those around me. Also, I guess I was thinking what my average stats would be at my prime and what I am now...for instance, I was pretty strong when I was young...but wasn't as wise as I am now. I was very social,more charismatic when I was young but grumpy now.

At level one, I would be a young man which I had different stats from now. So a more accurate versions...

Young man

Strength-14
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-16
    Charisma-14
    Wisdom-10

If I decided to jump into the adventuring life at present (close to 50)...

Strength-12
    Dexterity-15
    Constitution-14
    Charisma-9
    Wisdom-15

5=Ultra low
    12=Average
    14=A little above average
    18=Impressive
    20=Exceptional
    Last edited by Thorboar; 12-13-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Community Manager

It'd be lovely to think we'd have stats above 10, but remember that D&D characters are considered exceptional, so most "average" real-life humans would probably have stats somewhere between six and ten. Maybe 11 if they were particularly strong.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It'd be lovely to think we'd have stats above 10, but remember that D&D characters are considered exceptional, so most "average" real-life humans would probably have stats somewhere between six and ten. Maybe 11 if they were particularly strong.
    There's also no (a)DnD to real world numbers technically speaking. The closest we had was ADnD 2.0, when there were some tables that had some vague relation to reality. But that was really only for the Strength stat only. Which also didn't really scale well with the other stats. Also, there are different "Saves" too between editions, to which is it really Constitution we have that is high? Or high Fortitude saves?

Personally, I'd list mine as following (Remember, 2.0 Strength scaled funny in comparison to others because of actual numbers listed):

Strength: 16 (2.0) and around 12 (3.5) - although if we were to rescale 2.0, I'd put is closer to 13.
    Dexterity: 13 (2.0) and around 11 (3.5)
    Constitution: 7 (2.0) and around 5 (3.5)
    Intelligence: 13 (2.0) and around 12 (3.5)
    Wisdom: 14 (2.0) and around 13 (3.5)
    Charisma: 11 and around 10 (3.5)

But I'd also have to list a bonus of Luck +19. Which then surges my Saves of Will, Fortitude and Reflex to crazy levels despite poor stats, as well as for all Skills, which would also indicate my overall life. Things just happen, and I don't need to try as hard as others to do the same things to the same level. :: edit :: So if I were to level up, my Luck score would be improving, not my stats, since I have little to no need to try and improve stats whilst Luck persists.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

STATS
    Str: 16-20
    Dex: 15-40
    Con: 21-60 (this one can scale up the fastest when I keep up with.. something)
    Int: 14-100
    Wis: 13-150
    Cha: -50 to 50

My stats go up and down according to what I am doing, how consistent I am at what, and one other thing. I have ripped up metal in the right state of mind, so Str gets very high. **** me off and it goes up. Dexterity is the hardest one to make happen, seems Zen meditation, stretches, and something (chirps) combined works best for that. Constitution goes down if I eat fast food, but grew up macrobiotic and I am immune to most diseases others get. Int, Wis, Cha can leap up far beyond mortal levels, competing with the Gods at times, and surpassing them at others. It depends on how I set up the energy fields in my brain, how much uncomfortable sensations I can handle, and something that I didn't do or make, and wont talk about either...

Class: Psionic/Artificer/Monk/Sorcerer that is as close as it comes using DnD classes, there is no class for me though, and no one in the World has anywhere showed they understand and know what I do. I am 1 of a kind. Almost done with putting my own development on hold in order to give the rest of humanity a chance at all, if not to catch up some bare minimum, but should be wrapping up the hardest part of this today so I can resume my personal development. Everything that I do is becoming more solid, my word itself gaining from this.

You asked. I didn't really answer, but I don't have time to, never do and why spend time explaining things that will lead to super fkkkking long conversations where the beggars are searching for doubts and reasons to be lazy, setting up bad impressions, and slowing down operations when I could just ignore all that by never directly talking about or linking myself to something I won't say and instead just getting it done and where I don't have to answer anything or talk at all.

Oh, by the way, I might not be human, but you didn't ask race so I won't bother to answer. Long day today, yesterday was a nerve tugging battle that ended in a victory that surpassed my expectations but took longer then I planned. I'm very eager to get started working today and I will start breakfast now so I can get started sooner.
    Last edited by Proton; 12-13-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    (DDO PVP PVE 24/7 options options come check us out better then ever!!!) = (+) Sales
    (DDO PVE only, 10k isn't required, no need to TR 150 times, don't worry) = (-) Scary
    Live large, you are awesome, you are here, you are happening! Sincerely, Proton

Str 12
    Dex 16
    Con 14
    Int 19
    Wis 18
    Cha 10

I would be a wizard, of course.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Carrying_Capacity

I suspect most of us would be challenged to carry around a 100 lbs of gear --> STR of 10-12...
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Hmm...using a standard 32 point build:

Strength - 8 (I've never done an actual pull-up in my life)
    Dexterity - 12 (my fingers are fast, my feet are not)
    Constitution - 14 (I don't get sick very often and when I do I recover rather quickly)
    Intelligence - 17 (I consider myself well-read, rational, and skeptical)
    Wisdom - 14 (I've been called 'wise beyond my years' since I was a child)
    Charisma - 10 (I guess there's a certain charm and wit about me)

Class : Artificer (arcanotechnician)
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

/em adjusts glasses, blows dust off 1st edition manuals

Hrm...I see that the starting age for a human is 14-20. That being the case, I highly doubt I could qualify as "first level" Still, the rules are flexible, so let's give the question the benefit of the doubt. First, I have to take age into account...that says -1 STR & CON, +1 INT & WIS. Well, I can see that :P

I've always tended to see myself as somewhat of a ranger/rogue, but maybe in these later years druid/rogue fits better. So... STR 10 (low/mid normal for age & sex), DEX 14 (might once have been higher, but time takes its toll), CON 8 (was never great, hasn't improved with age), INT 16 (based on IQ tests from aeons past + modifiers for age), WIS 15 (high end of average + age modifier), CHA 8 (borderline autistic - people skills were never a strong point, even if comeliness was once high enough to compensate)

Still....First level? I think at least some of us could count accumulated life experience toward some sort of accelerated start ;D

<edit> Ooh...DDO point buy...didn't consider that. Was assuming a standard 3D6 roll of the dice

Community Member

I think the following stats fit for me.
    Str:9(Definitely a little below average)
    Dex:12(I'm quite nimble)
    Con:10(Meh, average)
    Int:12(Quick learner)
    Wis:15(Most people appear to lack common sense in comparison to myself)
    Cha:8(It's not that I'm ugly or anything, I just don't talk to people)

Class:Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    STATS*
    Str: 12
    Dex: 9
    Con: 18
    Int: 14
    Wis: 9
    Cha: 18

Class: Bard

*For fairness, I consulted my family on what they would say my stats are. They all pretty much said the same numbers for each stat, so I went with it.
    Heh. Based on those stats, I'd have said Paladin, not bard. I can only assume there was some sort of alignment conflict

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast