Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Epic casters

  1. #1
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Epic casters

    Are useles garbage or u nerf em or what

    Can't frog can't charm cant dps *** u want sev
    Damonz Cannith

  2. #2
    Community Member Hobgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    5,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Are useles garbage or u nerf em or what

    Can't frog can't charm cant dps *** u want sev
    Ran this through google translate. Got a /shrug



    Anyone else figure out what OP is saying?
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

  3. #3
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    Are you having fun your caster do u feel u contibute
    Damonz Cannith

  4. #4
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    Can u heala dps cc instakill or what
    Damonz Cannith

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Since your build doesn't work, care to develop Lady of Fortune with me?

    I was looking for someone at cap with good gear and the willingness to farm more gear to give it a go. I couldn't develop it enough on lammania it didn't have any hybrid or dps caster gear.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-06-2018 at 10:30 PM.

  6. #6
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Since your build doesn't work, care to develop Lady of Fortune with me?

    I was looking for someone at cap with good gear and the willingness to farm more gear to give it a go. I couldn't develop it enough on lammania it didn't have any hybrid or dps caster gear.
    If I am right that build is based off a bit of lam testing and a lot of trust in things working right, probally better off with a DC caster.

  7. #7
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    I run a 1st time wf sorc and I am doing fine on evo and enchantment in low to mid-reaper. I haven't skilled for necro so I suck at insta-kills. My dps is okish.
    I got mostly ravenloft gear, no 5 piece slavers or anything fancy.

    What are your expectations?
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post

    What are your expectations?
    Dunno about OP, but I expect to AoE burst combo most or all of a 20k hp group down in 6 seconds in R6 like a LD dire charge melee, while still having LD level boss dps and some instant kills.

    At a .168 ratio reaper damage debuff, that means dealing 120k AoE, and having essentially manaless LD level boss dps (reaper raid could be an hour between shrines so 1 mana/sec or run solely off of echoes of power.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    If I am right that build is based off a bit of lam testing and a lot of trust in things working right, probally better off with a DC caster.
    Like a DC warlock ... ho-ho-ho!

    Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-06-2018 at 11:39 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Dunno about OP, but I expect to AoE burst combo most or all of a 20k hp group down in 6 seconds in R6 like a LD dire charge melee, while still having LD level boss dps and some instant kills.

    At a .168 ratio reaper damage debuff, that means dealing 120k AoE, and having essentially manaless LD level boss dps.



    Trust is for you guys. I know the math and gameplay and game mechanics behind soundburst builds pretty well by now.
    The question was for the OP, actually.

    He might be not as awesome as you. But it is possible to play casters very succesfully in low reaper even if they are 1st lifers.
    You are always bragging about your builds, Tilo but you never nail soemthing down to facts and math.
    I lost a guildmate to your bragging. He won't play DDO anymore because he tried one of your builds and transfered his bad exprience to the whole game.
    I tried some builds of yours on Lam because I wanted to see if you found some out-of-the-box playstyle or just bragging, you know, give you a chance and all. Verdict came down to bragging.
    So as long as you don't break down your godlike builds and we can actually see and compare, stop telling everybody and their aunts that your builds work for all and are perfect. They are not. Some of them are utterly rubbish.

    EDIT: Good that I caught your bragging before you edited.
    Last edited by TitusOvid; 12-07-2018 at 12:19 AM.
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

  10. #10
    Community Member lillentle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia, Vic
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    He might be not as awesome as you. But it is possible to play casters very succesfully in low reaper even if they are 1st lifers.
    You are always bragging about your builds, Tilo but you never nail soemthing down to facts and math.
    I lost a guildmate to your bragging. He won't play DDO anymore because he tried one of your builds and transfered his bad exprience to the whole game.
    I tried some builds of yours on Lam because I wanted to see if you found some out-of-the-box playstyle or just bragging, you know, give you a chance and all. Verdict came down to bragging.
    So as long as you don't break down your godlike builds and we can actually see and compare, stop telling everybody and their aunts that your builds work for all and are perfect. They are not. Some of them are utterly rubbish.

    EDIT: Good that I caught your bragging before you edited.
    “I lost a guild mate to your bragging” Hahahaha ahhh what a chuckle!!!!
    Tilo normally shares his builds and is always helping players craft builds, he shares photos too to prove it! From what I’ve seen also he doesn’t really make builds for players with all the past lives, I’ve seen a lot of his builds and they don’t normally have racial AP incorporated in them. Which ones are rubbish?

    But now Tilo.... they have to make builds that do that much damage ect hard to do, and make them rare. Else everyone would do it.

    To the OP; what’s your problem? You didn’t look at the tree?? Basically if you’re already a super OP DC caster now you’re even more OP. If you instakilled before now you still can but with more DC’s and survivability! If you held stuff before you still can just with more DC and survivability!! If you were a DPS caster before now you do way more damage!! But if you were any of those 3 then you can combine them pretty easily and hold, instakill, and DPS!!

    Just don’t get hit, ever
    Lillentle, the smaller Lentle

  11. #11
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Yea and a build at 30 with 900 hp thats meant to go into reaper sounds like it could easily go wrong quick.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Soudburst is awesome, though. I twisted it in from EA on my warlock and even with all the other CC options feypact gives, it's a great addition.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lillentle View Post
    “I lost a guild mate to your bragging” Hahahaha ahhh what a chuckle!!!!
    Tilo normally shares his builds and is always helping players craft builds, he shares photos too to prove it! From what I’ve seen also he doesn’t really make builds for players with all the past lives, I’ve seen a lot of his builds and they don’t normally have racial AP incorporated in them. Which ones are rubbish?

    But now Tilo.... they have to make builds that do that much damage ect hard to do, and make them rare. Else everyone would do it.
    I mean, I've tried several of Tilo's builds. And while I dont doubt they might be awesome to play, the way he puts his posts together and describes his builds are just not very concise. I chalked it up to time wasted trying his builds because I:

    1.) Did not have the know-how or wherewithal to understand his reasoning behind certain mechanics

    or

    2.) Did not have the past lives (I believe some of his builds call for epic completionist, which is ridiculous for new players) to make them effective

    or

    3.) Did not have the gear (greensteel, cannith ****, epic raid ****, legendary gear, slavers gear) to make such builds be viable, and I still dont.

    Any combination thereof.

    He is not very concise when he talks about his builds, he never posts a character builder, never (i use this term loosely) specifies if it is first life or noob friendly.
    And yes I have noticed a LOT of bragging and boasting on his side.

    He does post screenshots with 'big numbers' and leading killcounts, however those are mostly in optimal circumstances.

    I could probably post screenshots as a level 1 completing madstone, although it would take a very very long time (probably years) to make such a thing happen - it does not mean its legit or can be put into real-world practice.

    It's very narcissitic for anyone to say "you can faceroll this game with this weird build I made, its so easy a caveman could do it!" without really providing all the background and details so that EVERYONE (elites and noob alike) can disseminate and understand what the build is designed to do and how its meant to be played, rather than building a build post such as:

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey guize look at this leet flavor build that requires 100 past lives and all the raid gear in the game...

    *posts screenies of HUGE numbers*
    *posts screenies of massively leading kill counts*

    then provides ambiguous vague details on how it was made to work.

    *Just take this this this this this and this feat and you are good to go!*
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I mean, no disrespect at all Tilo, I actually do respect you contrary to how this post looks, but until you can post more concise details
    on how to use/follow/play/build your builds, I - for one cant take you seriously. And it felt like wasted time trying to make them work.

    If you want a better example on how to do a build write-up (I honestly dont think you need this info, im pretty sure you already know... but here any way)

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asi-tank-build

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eaper-Sorcerer

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-EE-DPS-Build

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...di-nuker/page3

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...om-vs-Charisma

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...mpanion-thread


    And those are just a FEW examples!!!!!

    I mean some of those dont even post a builder, but they took their time to FULLY EXPLAIN their build, gear, stats, leveling process, etc etc.

    I mean, think of it as writing a book or a novel, not some 2 page travel attractions pamphlet you find on the floor of a convenience store bathroom stall.

    Posting screenies of big numbers in optimal conditions and vague details on the build doesnt work for most, if not all people - because they dont understand what the hell you are trying to do.

  14. #14
    Community Member lillentle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia, Vic
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Edit; putting this at the top
    Back to the main topic Epic Casters are pretty awesome, at level 26 im having heaps of fun and can even do Orchard R1 instakills, there’s so many buttons to press but once you get used to it you really feel powerful, I’m managing to hold stuff instakill stuff and my dps casting is really powerful. Problem is if I get hit im ****ed, but you can really get a matrix of damage deductions and blurs and miss chances going when you need to. To be fair to be this stretched out you would need a fair few past lives and up to date gear, at least if you’re doing reaper content. But a first lifer would go pretty well as a war forged and focusing on evocation and illusion as a backup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    I mean, I've tried several of Tilo's builds. And while I dont doubt they might be awesome to play, the way he puts his posts together and describes his builds are just not very concise. I chalked it up to time wasted trying his builds because I:

    1.) Did not have the know-how or wherewithal to understand his reasoning behind certain mechanics
    You’ve missed some stuff here that maybe I as a long time player know about, aside from him not wanting to hold your hand and half the time someone’s just said “tilo make me a Kensei dwarven cleric” so he whips a build up quickly and posts it, there’s also this... thing in DDO where players don’t share all the mechanics of a build because they don’t want the Staff to see how OP it is and nerf it, Soundburst already has way too much attention, watch it be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    2.) Did not have the past lives (I believe some of his builds call for epic completionist, which is ridiculous for new players) to make them effective
    Past lives really don’t account for as much as you think, especially at level 30. There’s lots of threads on this subject, and I also don’t think many of his builds if any require epic completionist. Say you have every single past life, aside from the possible build options from Racial AP you would probably have an overall uhhh 10% increase to your character at level 30? And 5% of that doesn’t even help your current build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    3.) Did not have the gear (greensteel, cannith ****, epic raid ****, legendary gear, slavers gear) to make such builds be viable, and I still dont.
    This is your fault, you have to get the gear then. Raven loft gear will be good enough for all heroics, and also once you get to level 29, so farm that for gear. Gear, compared to the 10% increase past lives give you probably increases your BUILD like 40%(this is awfully rough estimates) you get a first lifer with a full set of ravenloft gear and I bet it’ll be better than the majority of multi lifers out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    Any combination thereof.

    He is not very concise when he talks about his builds, he never posts a character builder, never (i use this term loosely) specifies if it is first life or noob friendly.
    Again, see what I said to you first point, don’t tell the devs, it’s not his job, a lot of the time he’s making a build for someone which he just happens to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    And yes I have noticed a LOT of bragging and boasting on his side.
    Society is at this weird point where we are supposed to love ourselves... but not too much? Because that’s arrogant. If Tilo believes he’s a good build crafter then he can be proud of that and even arrogant about it, if you think he’s not good then you can challenge that, which you have here, but I think you’re more annoyed at his personality than anything. Opinions are allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post

    He does post screenshots with 'big numbers' and leading killcounts, however those are mostly in optimal circumstances.
    See this is you saying that he’s not as good as he’s supposedly acting, I disagree that these are in optimal circumstances, you’re almost implying he tries to oversell a build to trick people into trying it, or trick people into thinking he’s a good builder. Perhaps you want him to post himself doing very hard content to prove how good his build is... but a “good” build also depends on what you’re trying to do, level fast, raid, high skull content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    I could probably post screenshots as a level 1 completing madstone, although it would take a very very long time (probably years) to make such a thing happen - it does not mean its legit or can be put into real-world practice.
    No you couldn’t
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    It's very narcissitic for anyone to say "you can faceroll this game with this weird build I made, its so easy a caveman could do it!" without really providing all the background and details so that EVERYONE (elites and noob alike) can disseminate and understand what the build is designed to do and how its meant to be played, rather than building a build post such as:

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey guize look at this leet flavor build that requires 100 past lives and all the raid gear in the game...

    *posts screenies of HUGE numbers*
    *posts screenies of massively leading kill counts*

    then provides ambiguous vague details on how it was made to work.

    *Just take this this this this this and this feat and you are good to go!*
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    None of his builds require 100 past lives and all the raid gear in the game, he provides enough details for most, once again it’s not his job to make builds, he’s doing it for fun and to help people. He doesn’t need to explain every mechanic every single post, he posts a lot of builds, and if he did they may nerf it. Have you ever asked him for more details on how a build works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    I mean, no disrespect at all Tilo, I actually do respect you contrary to how this post looks, but until you can post more concise details
    on how to use/follow/play/build your builds, I - for one cant take you seriously. And it felt like wasted time trying to make them work.
    I’m sure Tilo won’t mind your critique on his template of posts and attitude, but some of the thing you’ve implied and how you’ve claimed his builds aren’t as good as he says they are are a direct challenge. When you say “I can’t do this build because I don’t have the gear... and STILL don’t” I can’t take you seriously !

    Quote Originally Posted by Dread131313 View Post
    If you want a better example on how to do a build write-up (I honestly dont think you need this info, im pretty sure you already know... but here any way)

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asi-tank-build

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eaper-Sorcerer

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-EE-DPS-Build

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...di-nuker/page3

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...om-vs-Charisma

    or

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...mpanion-thread


    And those are just a FEW examples!!!!!

    I mean some of those dont even post a builder, but they took their time to FULLY EXPLAIN their build, gear, stats, leveling process, etc etc.

    I mean, think of it as writing a book or a novel, not some 2 page travel attractions pamphlet you find on the floor of a convenience store bathroom stall.

    Posting screenies of big numbers in optimal conditions and vague details on the build doesnt work for most, if not all people - because they dont understand what the hell you are trying to do.
    The build post guru here; again, it’s not his job, don’t tell the devs about op builds, who can be f^%cked with all that. “Think of it as writing a novel” shows you expect him to dedicate a heap of time to teaching people who won’t teach them self, may as well delete the wiki.
    Lillentle, the smaller Lentle

  15. #15
    Community Member Vish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Too Stoned AZ
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Hahaha,
    Tilo and mr420
    Aren't you two running together yet?
    Both needing the oracle to decipher

    But really,
    Ek is the new toy
    Please tr immediately
    Vishantii (the bird man)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

    Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Ek is the new toy
    No it isnt.

  17. #17
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lillentle View Post
    Edit; putting this at the top
    Back to the main topic Epic Casters are pretty awesome, at level 26 im having heaps of fun and can even do Orchard R1 instakills, there’s so many buttons to press but once you get used to it you really feel powerful, I’m managing to hold stuff instakill stuff and my dps casting is really powerful. Problem is if I get hit im ****ed, but you can really get a matrix of damage deductions and blurs and miss chances going when you need to. To be fair to be this stretched out you would need a fair few past lives and up to date gear, at least if you’re doing reaper content. But a first lifer would go pretty well as a war forged and focusing on evocation and illusion as a backup.


    You’ve missed some stuff here that maybe I as a long time player know about, aside from him not wanting to hold your hand and half the time someone’s just said “tilo make me a Kensei dwarven cleric” so he whips a build up quickly and posts it, there’s also this... thing in DDO where players don’t share all the mechanics of a build because they don’t want the Staff to see how OP it is and nerf it, Soundburst already has way too much attention, watch it be nerfed.

    Past lives really don’t account for as much as you think, especially at level 30. There’s lots of threads on this subject, and I also don’t think many of his builds if any require epic completionist. Say you have every single past life, aside from the possible build options from Racial AP you would probably have an overall uhhh 10% increase to your character at level 30? And 5% of that doesn’t even help your current build.

    This is your fault, you have to get the gear then. Raven loft gear will be good enough for all heroics, and also once you get to level 29, so farm that for gear. Gear, compared to the 10% increase past lives give you probably increases your BUILD like 40%(this is awfully rough estimates) you get a first lifer with a full set of ravenloft gear and I bet it’ll be better than the majority of multi lifers out there.

    Again, see what I said to you first point, don’t tell the devs, it’s not his job, a lot of the time he’s making a build for someone which he just happens to post.
    Society is at this weird point where we are supposed to love ourselves... but not too much? Because that’s arrogant. If Tilo believes he’s a good build crafter then he can be proud of that and even arrogant about it, if you think he’s not good then you can challenge that, which you have here, but I think you’re more annoyed at his personality than anything. Opinions are allowed.
    See this is you saying that he’s not as good as he’s supposedly acting, I disagree that these are in optimal circumstances, you’re almost implying he tries to oversell a build to trick people into trying it, or trick people into thinking he’s a good builder. Perhaps you want him to post himself doing very hard content to prove how good his build is... but a “good” build also depends on what you’re trying to do, level fast, raid, high skull content.

    No you couldn’t

    None of his builds require 100 past lives and all the raid gear in the game, he provides enough details for most, once again it’s not his job to make builds, he’s doing it for fun and to help people. He doesn’t need to explain every mechanic every single post, he posts a lot of builds, and if he did they may nerf it. Have you ever asked him for more details on how a build works?
    I’m sure Tilo won’t mind your critique on his template of posts and attitude, but some of the thing you’ve implied and how you’ve claimed his builds aren’t as good as he says they are are a direct challenge. When you say “I can’t do this build because I don’t have the gear... and STILL don’t” I can’t take you seriously !



    The build post guru here; again, it’s not his job, don’t tell the devs about op builds, who can be f^%cked with all that. “Think of it as writing a novel” shows you expect him to dedicate a heap of time to teaching people who won’t teach them self, may as well delete the wiki.

    I don't want this to be a thread about Tilo. He shall post his builds and he will be challenged in his threads.
    Thanks for pitching in for him lillentle. I don't know you so I won't take your word for all of it. I made up my mind about his builds. Others need to feel that pain, too.
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

  18. #18
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Can u heala dps cc instakill or what
    You should not smoke your underwear then post on forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload