Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I get 2 tokens there most of the time, so I dont agree with you on that.

But do you by any chance run DA on hard or elite? Because the extra chest that has a chance to drop tokens seems to have a much lower chance on hard and elite than on normal. Always run DA on normal if you run for tokens.

And as other people here are saying, Bargain of blood EE can be done very fast for 1 token.
    That is if you skip everything

1. If you are running Devil Assault for tokens, post the LFM for the full epic level range (20-30) and START THE QUEST. No one will join in the beginning. It takes minimum 20+ minutes to complete so when you are near that time in the quest, people will start joining. Of course, write in the LFM 'Please pass tokens, keep the rest.' DA also drops heroic Shroud crafting materials. Also, always do it on Normal.
    2. If you are solo, Time is Money is the fastest. But you must be level 21. Also, you should run it as high a level CR as possible (I think that is CR25 but maybe higher). You get bonus mats the higher the challenge is in relation to the highest level character. There are LOTS of youtube videos showing how to do this. There are several places where the crystals spawn and all are easily accessed; sometimes you need to grab a few extra minutes and sometimes it is even worth it to do so.
    3. If you have a dedicated group, Bargain of Blood (as mentioned above). When you finish the quest, everyone but one person can abandon the quest and then that one person can re-share it, then re-enter. This is not worth it solo since you need to run all the way back (although a teleport scroll will eliminate half of the journey.) You could just do this until you really master the quest and find people occasionally dropping in. You could even post in the LFM 'help me learn to speed run this quest for tokens' and then peeps might join to help you too just for mentoring. That is always fun.

The problem with Lords of Dust is that late players need to run to the end. The advantage is that there are a few collectables on the way...Not great, but something. Some players might want an epic crafting seal or something out of there too, so there are other motivations.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    And Storm the Beaches.

You need someone who can do damage at very long range decently to farm Storm the Beaches effectively, but you can do BoB and Storm the Beaches each in about 4 minutes. If you window-farm, you can get in 8 runs before ransack (you stop getting tokens when you ransack the epic chest). So, that's 16 tokens from those two quests in roughly an hour and a half. Then go run Spies in the House or Lords of Dust a few times and voila, you're ready to TR.

Make sure you farm on EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    8<snip>8
    3. Look into running the Cannith Challenges - You can turn in 300 epic ingredients for a token
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

This.

Me and my duo partner have a pair of characters we have optimized for running epic lava caves challenges and we bank the rewards, turning them into tokens whenever we need to TR someone.

Run it a couple times a week when you don't feel like doing anything else in particular and bingo. You don't burn out, either on your TR character or on running challenges.

win-win IMO

Community Member

I like to throw an occasional ADQ into the mix. Solo I can finish ADQ EE in about 15 minutes. A full group that knows what they're doing can do it in 5. (not including the 2 minute run through the wilderness to get to it). EE ADQ (for me) always drops 2 token per person. So a full group willing to pass means 12 tokens in 7 minutes. Follow it up with Zawabi's Revenge (it's a short raid) for some greater tokens as well (which can be converted 1:1 to regular tokens).

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    And Storm the Beaches.

You need someone who can do damage at very long range decently to farm Storm the Beaches effectively, but you can do BoB and Storm the Beaches each in about 4 minutes. If you window-farm, you can get in 8 runs before ransack (you stop getting tokens when you ransack the epic chest). So, that's 16 tokens from those two quests in roughly an hour and a half. Then go run Spies in the House or Lords of Dust a few times and voila, you're ready to TR.

Make sure you farm on EE.
    Not really, you just need a returning thrower for aggro, let them shoot their own feet! KABOOM!

Pity no wildmen in monster manual, would farm that on heroic...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by awar1234 View Post
    Get off that server pronto. Save up 2595 ddo points and move to ARGONNESSON...
    Many lfms and lots of help to get tokens there.
    Or khyber. I just got 9 tokens from a single da run today. I just jump into da and post an lfm stating I'm token farm/pike for free xp. Then i update it during the quest *** statements like "on wave 3" unless it's really odd hours it always fills.

I also always jump in and pass my tokens when i see an lfm for farming them. So maybe that plays into how many join my runs and pass them.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Not really, you just need a returning thrower for aggro, let them shoot their own feet! KABOOM!
    Doesn't work consistently. I've tried, but I always wind up with a ballista or two that refuses to blow up.

Community Member

For Storm the Beaches, the ballista can only fire if there is an enemy nearby to "fire" it. Rush in (invis/stealth can help you get closer before they start firing), CC and take them out fast, then take out the ballista at your leisure.

Start EN devil assault.
    Create LFM for lvls 20-30
    Put in LFM "IP token run Pass tokens to Pike" or "Token run Please pass tokens" or something like that.
    Solo it pausing to accept the people trying to join.. don't sit around waiting for people before you start.
    Repeat until you have 20 tokens.

Understand that some people need tokens too so don't get angry if EVERYONE who joins doesn't pass you their tokens. Some people will join for the free xp while they pike.. others might need shroud ingredients and some will join because they need tokens too.

But even if you only get one or 2 people passing tokens it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 runs to get enough to TR. Worst case scenario no one joins but you still are farming tokens at about the fastest rate in the game.

Ease of token farming is pretty much the ONLY thing that makes the Devil Assault Pack worth getting. I usually have a few alts in the epic range and since tokens are BTA i will do devil assault runs with them on occasion (include it in your dailies for an alt if needed) so that ill have the tokens waiting by the time my main needs them.

Alternatively if farming tokens isn't your thing then just join epic dailies which are mostly quests with tokens at the end and fill up your EDs and gain some epic levels and before you know it you'll have enough.
    Last edited by caberonia; 12-11-2018 at 07:58 AM.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon

Community Member

Make a level 30 farming alt, with epic destinies. Something self healing AoE dps like a pure 20 bladeforged warlock.

As you play your main, periodically load it up when you want a change of pace and farm up some tokens or other gear.

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    For Storm the Beaches, the ballista can only fire if there is an enemy nearby to "fire" it. Rush in (invis/stealth can help you get closer before they start firing), CC and take them out fast, then take out the ballista at your leisure.
    Or, you can just swim around the outside of the fortress and take them all out at range, without ever really having to fight anything. If you run up and melee everything the quest is going to take you 20 minutes and you're likely to get blown up at least once.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    I like to throw an occasional ADQ into the mix. Solo I can finish ADQ EE in about 15 minutes. A full group that knows what they're doing can do it in 5. (not including the 2 minute run through the wilderness to get to it). EE ADQ (for me) always drops 2 token per person. So a full group willing to pass means 12 tokens in 7 minutes. Follow it up with Zawabi's Revenge (it's a short raid) for some greater tokens as well (which can be converted 1:1 to regular tokens).
    EE wizking is good for this also. 2 tokens per run and fast. Also you can ALWAYS get 5 others to pike then guide them to the treasure room. They get fast great xp, you get up to 12 tokens.

Heck go ahead and flag them for adq, run the raid and get enough tokens to buy 2 hearts.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Time is Money takes 5-8 minutes, rarely longer. 300 epic mephit wings can be turned in for a token. You can also get fragments and crunch, 100 fragments is a token. I think I figured it once and it works out to the same total number of wings.

I find the sweet spot to be at level 23-24. A five minute run nets me close to 200 wings each time so a token every two runs.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    Member of the Silver Legion on Cannith

Community Member

I am just taking a character to 30 for the first time but so far my impression is that I seem to get enough tokens and fragments while doing this that I can get probably a heroic Heart for free when I hit 30. So if you can get Epic Destinys from a sale on MOTU over Xmas then that is a nice option. Of course you still have to farm a Epic Heart at 30 but can take commendations for epics end rewards along the way as quest rewards to help out a bit (unless you get a great item such as a tome or such like of course). This is particular nice as epic lives have very nice reincarnation benefits - far better than most heroic TRs except for Heroic Wizard and Paladin really I think.

Anyway just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmithBeer View Post
    I am just taking a character to 30 for the first time but so far my impression is that I seem to get enough tokens and fragments while doing this that I can get probably a heroic Heart for free when I hit 30. So if you can get Epic Destinys from a sale on MOTU over Xmas then that is a nice option. Of course you still have to farm a Epic Heart at 30 but can take commendations for epics end rewards along the way as quest rewards to help out a bit (unless you get a great item such as a tome or such like of course). This is particular nice as epic lives have very nice reincarnation benefits - far better than most heroic TRs except for Heroic Wizard and Paladin really I think.

Anyway just a thought!
    That'what i made (when cap was 25 lol) i was doing 1 heroic life, raise 1 ED til cap (at that point there were no EPL) and meanwhile i was getting enough tokens to tr

With that and the iconics PL i have atm.... 900ish tokens lol enough for rtr

1 good point would be go 30, farm seeds (much faster) and ETR to 20, from there HTR to next life
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12