Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default How do people get tokens to TR fast?

I dont have epic destinies, so when i hit 20 i try to get tokens. I post LFMs, etc, but it usually takes forever.

I know about the whole passing token bit, but pretty much everyone seems to need tokens so its very rare that anyone will pass them. I mean, people usually get to 20 or 30 to TR right? So pretty much everyone below 30 needs tokens unless they have a massive stockpile, which most people dont appear to have. People at cap dont need tokens, but they wouldnt be running quests for tokens in the first place because...they dont need the xp or tokens anyway...people at cap just log on for raids and play their alts while waiting on raid timers.

Ive had a LFM up on Cannith for epic dailies / token runs / devil's assault for more than 4 hours (still up as of the time of this post). The only time I got a party going was when a guildy helped me do one run, and people started mass applying when they saw us in devil's assault (gee, i wonder why). Everyone left after that one run though. And most people do normal for epic dailies so thats 15+ mins (most of it running time) for maybe...30-40 frags?

Even if you run devil's assault, that takes 25+ mins bare minimum (due to waiting time) for 1 token on average (yes, i know it can drop 2, but that happens pretty rarely).

And yes, I know that an OP character with tons of past lives can solo epic elite quests pretty easily, but with no epic past lives or gear that's not happening. I also heard about running epic cannith challenges for tokens, but that requires you to be 21, which is problematic when you are trying to TR at 20...

Am I missing something here or is this the norm?

Open lfm for Lords of Dust chain, state in the lfm "running for tokens, pass pls/hands on chest pls".
    Solo the quest and then ask for hands on chest. If the time investment isn't high then people will join for hands on chest.
    I am just talking for Orien. I don't know your sever.
    It helps to be in some friendly channels, too like the titan channel on Orien.

Good luck.

EDIT: And help from guildies ofc.
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

Interesting, my experience with Devil Assault is most people join and exchange the tokens they get for the free XP while they are afk. Players that have earned many and have banked them are usually more willing to pass their tokens.

As a note, it is more efficient to run Devil Assault on Normal when it comes to farming tokens.

--

I get it can be tough at the start to earn those 20 tokens.

Suggestions:
    1. Join groups for Ebberon Epic quests as these are where these tokens are available
    2. Keep running the dailies on Normal - put in the Memo that you are farming tokens - Again not everyone but you will get some to help and every one that gets passed is one less quest you have to run
    3. Look into running the Cannith Challenges - You can turn in 300 epic ingredients for a token

I run "Time is Money" Cannith challenge. After I'm done with my main, I head over there and do one of two runs for an average of 150-200 epic wings per run. 300 wings get a token. The sweet spot seems to be running on a level 24 character. Takes 5 minutes per run. Here's my pattern:

Grab all the torches in the central area to corral the kobolds.
    Look west. If there are two blues (purples? I'm color blind) at the end of the hall, go that way. If not, go south and up to the east.
    Clear some mobs, lay some torches, buy some barrels and workers.
    Add some time if needed.
    Work your way into the west dead end or the east upper level deadend. More than enough crystals.

If you don't have challenges, get free tokens from the vendor.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    Member of the Silver Legion on Cannith

Get 5 friends, run BoB, anywhere from 1 min 30 sec runs to 3 min runs on EE. Have them pass you tokens. Ready to tr in 10 min.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Open lfm for Lords of Dust chain, state in the lfm "running for tokens, pass pls/hands on chest pls".
    Solo the quest and then ask for hands on chest. If the time investment isn't high then people will join for hands on chest.
    I am just talking for Orien. I don't know your sever.
    It helps to be in some friendly channels, too like the titan channel on Orien.

Good luck.

EDIT: And help from guildies ofc.
    People rarely pass tokens, most people need tokens it seems.

Not sure what channels you are referring to? Where do you see a list of channels?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Interesting, my experience with Devil Assault is most people join and exchange the tokens they get for the free XP while they are afk. Players that have earned many and have banked them are usually more willing to pass their tokens.

As a note, it is more efficient to run Devil Assault on Normal when it comes to farming tokens.

--

I get it can be tough at the start to earn those 20 tokens.

Suggestions:
    1. Join groups for Ebberon Epic quests as these are where these tokens are available
    2. Keep running the dailies on Normal - put in the Memo that you are farming tokens - Again not everyone but you will get some to help and every one that gets passed is one less quest you have to run
    3. Look into running the Cannith Challenges - You can turn in 300 epic ingredients for a token
    Yea ive been trying to do epic dailies...most people don't pass tokens. And EN dailies give very little tokens for the time investment.

Epic CC requires level 21. Tried time for money earlier and it went fairly slow...very RNG due to purple crystal + circle placements it seems.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melkazar View Post
    I run "Time is Money" Cannith challenge. After I'm done with my main, I head over there and do one of two runs for an average of 150-200 epic wings per run. 300 wings get a token. The sweet spot seems to be running on a level 24 character. Takes 5 minutes per run. Here's my pattern:

Grab all the torches in the central area to corral the kobolds.
    Look west. If there are two blues (purples? I'm color blind) at the end of the hall, go that way. If not, go south and up to the east.
    Clear some mobs, lay some torches, buy some barrels and workers.
    Add some time if needed.
    Work your way into the west dead end or the east upper level deadend. More than enough crystals.

If you don't have challenges, get free tokens from the vendor.
    Requires level 21 unfortunately. But I will try that since im level 21 now (from running dailies to try and get tokens).

How long is that run typically? I find its really time consuming to have to protect the base and torch at the same time. And you don't get much if there are few purple crystals.
    Last edited by Question2005; 12-06-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Get 5 friends, run BoB, anywhere from 1 min 30 sec runs to 3 min runs on EE. Have them pass you tokens. Ready to tr in 10 min.
    People on my friend list/guild are almost always :

-AFK

-Not in the right level range

-Doing something else (especially epic raids)

-Need the tokens

-Only want to run WGU/Mirror for dailies which I don't have

Case in point, had a LFM up for the last 1-2 hours...no parties again. On Cannith, NA evening prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Question2005 View Post
    People on my friend list/guild are almost always :

-AFK

-Not in the right level range

-Doing something else (especially epic raids)

-Need the tokens

-Only want to run WGU/Mirror for dailies which I don't have

Case in point, had a LFM up for the last 1-2 hours...no parties again. On Cannith, NA evening prime time.
    Start the quest! Don't wait for someone to join. People will join more likely if they see the timer. And they will help you with hands on chest, too. You just have to wait for killing the endboss.
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

People hat don't need to farm tokens to tr at 20, have either run epics a lot when the cap was lv 20, dupped stacks of them when the devs refued to fix the bug for a year or got their heroic pastlifes in 30 min when that was bugged

I guess the devs keep the token price of 20 per heart around to stimulate store sales
    The only advice i can give you, since the devs no longer care about the non whales, is to build a community of like minded people to help you tr asap.

I always try to keep an endgame toon at cap to farm gear, because not all of my heroic builds are suiteble for epics (a lot of low epic quests aren't ballanced well at all), that way i can grind a heart faster then the fresh lv 20 toon (who is likely still sporting mostly heroic gear at that point), especially in the off hours, soloing quests is easier on a maxee out lv 30 then a fresh lv 20 when only 6 people are online

Default Transfer out of cannith!!!

Get off that server pronto. Save up 2595 ddo points and move to ARGONNESSON...
    Many lfms and lots of help to get tokens there.
    Bangpow Argo

Maybe they are VIP and have plenty of points to spend, so just buy hearts from the store?

Maybe they have already built up a bank of tokens from past lives, so don't need to farm any for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Katalissa View Post
    Maybe they are VIP and have plenty of points to spend, so just buy hearts from the store?
    Is it still 500 ddo points a month?
    I tr 4times a month, if i was a vip, this wouldn't be enough by a longshot.

Anyway, op? Try multi boxing 5 alt accounts to cap (easy since first lifers require less exp to lv to 20) and use those to loot tokens when your party doesn't fill.

Community Member

I am lvl 20 and plan to start farming tokens.

this is going to be my 2nd TR. For my first I did the following:

I runned

once: The chain: Phiarlan Caravan at Normal (solo)
    once: Von 1,2,4: At normal (Solo)
    once: LoD 1-3: At normal (Solo)
    once: Wizard King (Solo) at Hard!

Multiple times, at different difficulties with a group. Usually LFM saying Dailies...
    VoN 1-4, LoD Chain

Those reached me to 12 tokens over a period of a month I think.
    Then a Guildie told me that there is a faster way to gather tokens...
    So we grouped and went to do 1 Cannith Challenge...
    I gathered the rest 8 tokens in 1 day!

You only need 2 people for the Cannith Challenge it lasts like 10min and does not get ransacked. Some times we failed or got a single star. Usually we got 4 stars which was like 2/3 of a token!
    Weirdly, enough it was not getting boring either. While I repeated more times the CC I had completely got bored of doing LoD or VoN 4! The CC because it is so fast I could do over and over again.

Right now, I have focused on collecting some favor I left behind and playing the adventures I just got (Ravenloft) but if you like and are at Cannith server we could group up and go some token hunting!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    I know I am going to have a "I should have known that moment" after I see the answer but...

What adventure is BoB? I have never seen that acronym.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    I know I am going to have a "I should have known that moment" after I see the answer but...

bargain of blood

bargain of blood

... I have never seen that acronym.
    Most(!) game acronyms/slang/etc. can be found here:

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary (link in Wiki header, under "Glossary")

(I just added BoB, but I've seen it before and multiple times, so it should have been there anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by Question2005 View Post
    Even if you run devil's assault, that takes 25+ mins bare minimum (due to waiting time) for 1 token on average (yes, i know it can drop 2, but that happens pretty rarely).
    I get 2 tokens there most of the time, so I dont agree with you on that.

But do you by any chance run DA on hard or elite? Because the extra chest that has a chance to drop tokens seems to have a much lower chance on hard and elite than on normal. Always run DA on normal if you run for tokens.

And as other people here are saying, Bargain of blood EE can be done very fast for 1 token.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast