Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default New offer coming to the DDO Market this Friday

UPDATE: The DDO Season Pass is now sold out!

Happy Festivult! We’re going to kick off December Deals this year with something a little different – we’re adding something new to the DDO Market this Friday. It’s called the “DDO Season Pass”. One thing to call out specifically is: unlike our other limited time offers, this one will also be sold in limited quantity (1,000 Season Passes) on a first come first serve basis. Because of this, we’re posting the details about it today, before it goes on sale. The sale will begin in the DDO Market on Friday, Dec 7th at 12:00pm Eastern. You can see the full details about DDO Season Pass at www.ddo.com/seasonpass.

There will of course also be the expected December Deals sales specials on select items in the DDO Store starting Friday as well.

Update: The DDO Season Pass is now available in the Market, click here.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 12-13-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Tolero??

I thought you were gone or something.

How come we almost never hear from you anymore?
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Tolero??

I thought you were gone or something.
    I have merged with the source. Now I'm a disembodied voice that lives inside the Sentient weapon system. You thought all those voices were voice actors, but twas I all along!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    I have merged with the source. ...

Is that the same "Source of all Evil" that the Hallowell Sisters thought they destroyed?
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Wish I had a spare $300.
    My wife would just laugh for a minute or two, pause, and then laugh a lot more if I even asked.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Question Season Pass Confusion

I wanted to ask some clarification on the Season Pass.

So the offer indicates that a season pass owner would have access to all the "new" content, races, classes permanently. But what about all the other content/ races/ classes that have been released previously (other than those only available in an expansion pack). When the season pass expires, would we lose access to all the older content other the the most recent 2 year window content. How about additional character slots (11 vs. 5 for premium), hall of heroes access, Shared Bank and platinum, etc.. that comes with the base VIP plan will we have to resubscribe to VIP get access to these once the season pass expires?

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by jetster11 View Post

So the offer indicates that a season pass owner would have access to all the "new" content, races, classes permanently. But what about all the other content/ races/ classes that have been released previously (other than those only available in an expansion pack). When the season pass expires, would we lose access to all the older content other the the most recent 2 year window content. How about additional character slots (11 vs. 5 for premium), hall of heroes access, Shared Bank and platinum, etc.. that comes with the base VIP plan will we have to resubscribe to VIP get access to these once the season pass expires?

Thank You
    From the Ts&Cs:

DDO 2020 Season Pass does not include permanent ownership of any VIP access features that were already released in the game prior to Dec 31st, 2018.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by jetster11 View Post

Thank You
    Correct, anything that was released before the season goes away like normal. Separately, we're doing some investigations on how and whether we can just let VIPs see those offers. (Originally it was set up to be blocked to prevent someone from accidentally buying something that they already had access to while their sub was active, but that was done way back when Free to Play and VIP were very new to people). That said, I wouldn't make the decision to get Season Pass based on whether we find the tech solution or come up with DDO Market bundles to get around it. You should contemplate the Season Pass under the assumption that those older features drop off after the Season Pass expires just like the other VIPs.

Am I missing something or is this kind of a kick in the nads to VIP subscribers?

Keeping content released during the time the pass is active? Daily gold rolls?

So why would anyone keep VIP over one of these passes?

edit: nevermind... re-reading it I get what they are doing.
    Last edited by BurnerD; 12-05-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

Question Haaha Humm ????????

Ok at first I was interested, pay the VIP up front for 2 years and get a few extras for my cash layout. But then I saw the price!!!

So TWO years of VIP + owning the content that you bring out between start 1919 and end 2020, W/O knowing what that is, ok the Daily gold roll is interesting-ish, and a free heroic otto's box is nice, with YET more Cosmetic Armor to fill up storage space!!! all the same price (up front) as THREE years VIP, which would be spaced out over 3 years!!!????

It does not seem to be a Great deal, Shiny it may be but are you trying to blind us in order to make a fast Buck?

I would have thought the deal would have been a lot sweeter considering it's pay now get a lot later scheme.

Yes only 1,000 on offer buy quick, buy now, buy before you stop to think about it too hard Folks. cures all ills, there'll no warts I promise

Sorry but really?

edit added: if you think about it the Otto's box isn't a great freebie, after all 1 years VIP provides 6000 DDO points over the year, so that's your Otto's box with 1005 points left over towards content that you might buy, if you were going to stop ur VIP after the two years are up.

the only real advantage of this offer, other than the daily gold roll and a cosmetic, would be if you did not continue VIP after the season expires, other wise you would own content that you didn't need to own as you were paying rent for it as a VIP, it a very poor deal, which seems to be poorly thought out!
    Last edited by Brutuscass; 12-05-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerD View Post
    Am I missing something or is this kind of a kick in the nads to VIP subscribers?

Keeping content released during the time the pass is active? Daily gold rolls?

So why would anyone keep VIP over one of these passes?

edit: nevermind... re-reading it I get what they are doing.
    see my reply.

cost, simple cost
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

Community Member

Default ummm...///

$300 for my recreation/hobby just before Christmas is a hard sell....
    Hopefully the offer will still be around after the 15th of next month or they bring it back due to popular demand early 2019.

/Mac

Community Member

And re the cosmetic armour - would whoever is designing armour please please stop adding those stupid over the top pauldrons, they look ridiculous as well as being very poor armour design.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    And re the cosmetic armour - would whoever is designing armour please please stop adding those stupid over the top pauldrons, they look ridiculous as well as being very poor armour design.
    Yes, the big pauldrons definitely need to be toned down a bit.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

$200 for 2 years of VIP
    $50 for Otto's Box.

$299 is not a good deal.

Basically, you're selling $49 for daily gold rolls for two years. Decent, but not enough.

Throw in a +1 racial AP tome for all my characters and I'll buy it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Dual-Wielder of Halflings dozkal-mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Happy Festivult! We’re going to kick off December Deals this year with something a little different – we’re adding something new to the DDO Market this Friday. It’s called the “DDO Season Pass”. One thing to call out specifically is: unlike our other limited time offers, this one will also be sold in limited quantity (1,000 Season Passes) on a first come first serve basis. Because of this, we’re posting the details about it today, before it goes on sale. The sale will begin in the DDO Market on Friday, Dec 7th at 12:00pm Eastern. You can see the full details about DDO Season Pass at www.ddo.com/seasonpass.

There will of course also be the expected December Deals sales specials on select items in the DDO Store starting Friday as well.
    Assuming I buy this and immediately apply the code to my account, does it end up just extending my current VIP status or does it override it? I don't want to lose a few months of 2019 I already paid for and would want those months essentially bleed into 2021 after this Season Pass expires.

I think what it all looks like right now:
    • Same VIP benefits
    • Daily gold rolls
      9360 shard value (!!!!) over two years if you don't miss a roll (15 shards a day, 6 days a week since you get a free one as VIP already, 104 weeks).
    • More cosmetics
      Subjective value, some love 'em, some don't care. Is there an outfit and robe?
    • Heroic Otto's box
    • Perma-own non-expansion content
      Hard to judge this one, though SSG has been churning out quality content. However, I hadn't planned on letting my VIP lapse so I'd still "own" the content anyway, and normal sub would get me 3 years.

I think the big selling points here are:
    • DAILY Gold rolls
      There ARE incredible things to get in the gold rolls, not the least of which is the Elixir of Discovery that helps with raid loot drops, tomes, fat xp gems for TRs to get a HUGE jump start.
    • Heroic Otto's Box
      Some people don't TR but for those that do, one of these is like Christmas.
    • Perma-own 2019-2020 Content
      Useful for folks who don't/can't always maintain VIP status, though requires high upfront cost

I'd be curious to see the breakdown of the value of it per month/week/day. I think that's where this deal will really start to shine.
    Last edited by dozkal-mo; 12-05-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Mentioned again that the gold rolls are DAILY.
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

Toons: Aryllia, Dayanmak, Devhead, Gezgin, Kutsal, Toprak

Am I missing something?

year 1 VIP = $99
    year 2 Vip = $99
    otto's box - approx. $35 pts package
    gold rolls included in vip
    + cosmetic armor
    + new content you get to keep

is an ottos's box, cosmetics and unknown non expansion content worth $100? doesn't seem like much of a package deal unless prices are going up in the future. $299 in points can get you very far as a premium player.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

I do not have that kind of money lying around, but I must say it seems fairly priced. It's a little more expensive than VIP (~10$/month iirc, so 60$ more and 2.5$/month over the duration), but with permanent access to adventure packs, races, classes, enhancement trees, etc released during that time plus that box which costs some 40$ or 50$ worth of points and daily gold rolls... yeah, it evens out very well or might even come out slightly ahead of normal VIP.

@Thar: Season pass gives you a DAILY gold roll. VIPs get one per week.
    Last edited by Sunnie; 12-05-2018 at 01:36 PM.

VIP yearly is like $100
    Box is $35 on sale
    "4000-8000" shards in gold rolls is $70-140

So the value for this pack is like $300.
    If you gave me all the previous VIP content for free I would maybe buy this... ...but as it stands I could afford this but its a bad deal
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-mo View Post
    Assuming I buy this and immediately apply the code to my account, does it end up just extending my current VIP status or does it override it? I don't want to lose a few months of 2019 I already paid for and would want those months essentially bleed into 2021 after this Season Pass expires.
    This will extend your VIP status, so you won't lose those months you already paid for.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast