Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Separately, we're doing some investigations on how and whether we can just let VIPs see those offers. (Originally it was set up to be blocked to prevent someone from accidentally buying something that they already had access to while their sub was active, but that was done way back when Free to Play and VIP were very new to people).
    That is great news! I might not be a VIP but this certainly makes VIP even for a limited time more appealing to me.

Is the cosmetics bta or btc? Can i change it for gimmerdust? I dont want anymore btc junk hogging my tr cache!

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Is the cosmetics bta or btc? Can i change it for gimmerdust? I dont want anymore btc junk hogging my tr cache!
    According to the main page, it will be BTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Correct, anything that was released before the season goes away like normal. Separately, we're doing some investigations on how and whether we can just let VIPs see those offers. (Originally it was set up to be blocked to prevent someone from accidentally buying something that they already had access to while their sub was active, but that was done way back when Free to Play and VIP were very new to people). That said, I wouldn't make the decision to get Season Pass based on whether we find the tech solution or come up with DDO Market bundles to get around it. You should contemplate the Season Pass under the assumption that those older features drop off after the Season Pass expires just like the other VIPs.
    I rarely but sometimes let VIP expire simply to pick up old packs.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    It would have been more appealing if they gave an extra 5% vip bonus instead of an otto's box - a stackable bonus you can't get any other way.
    Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner! That probably would have gotten me interested as well.

AND imagine after the 2 years go by, you're going back to "normal" VIP, and you're going to drop from 15% xp bonus back to 10%... Unless you buy another 2-year deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscass View Post
    Hey there sorry to ask this and no offence meant, but I see that there are some replies from standing stone games as well in this thread, is your response here from official source?
    no I asked if you were an official source, which you are not, ok no Biggy.
    No, you did not ask if I was an official source, you asked if my response was from an official source, which it was.

I don't think you will get 8 gold rolls a week, honestly I don't know, and neither do you.
    I guarantee you won't get 8 rolls per week. This is another form of VIP, not a bonus on top of an existing VIP. Your existing VIP will pick back up and continue after the two year Season Pass.
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Brutascass, I was talking to Niminae as that post was directly above mine. If you took offense at what I said, I apologize for the confusion, and will endeavor in the future to add a quote from the post to which I am responding.

maybe they should throw in a +20 heart?

Or other minor goodies
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo

Community Member Captain_Pengie's Avatar

Thumbs up WB Tolero

...we're doing some investigations on how and whether we can just let VIPs see those offers. (Originally it was set up to be blocked to prevent someone from accidentally buying something that they already had access to while their sub was active, but that was done way back when Free to Play and VIP were very new to people).
    Please YES.

Once Upon a Time in a Version Long Long Ago the Store had a little tick box at the top which you could click on to allow you to view (& purchase) things you already had as part of VIP or which were excluded by race, level etc. Please bring this back. It is incredibly annoying to not be able to take advantage of sales because you are VIP. While I'm a long-time supporter of the game and will likely be VIP as often as I can, sometimes competing financial priorities force me to drop back to Premium for a while and it would be nice if I can have already purchased content while it was on sale while I was VIP so that it is available for those spartan times.

Great to see your name back in the forums - now we just need to get Sapience to show up...

PS: If you can find a way to increase the number of character slots we are allowed to purchase that'd be great too. I need more mules to hoard my shinies!
    Last edited by Captain_Pengie; 12-07-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    No, you did not ask if II guarantee you won't get 8 rolls per week. This is another form of VIP, not a bonus on top of an existing VIP.

They may not stack, but you should still be able to get more than 7 rolls in a week by gaming the timer.

Also, yeah I would consider the deal at $200, but $300 is too much for too little. That's not even taking into account the odds of a person still playing in 2 years.
    Last edited by Fauxknight; 12-07-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    No, you did not ask if I was an official source, you asked if my response was from an official source, which it was.

I guarantee you won't get 8 rolls per week. This is another form of VIP, not a bonus on top of an existing VIP. Your existing VIP will pick back up and continue after the two year Season Pass.
    Ok maybe I was being a little to subtle for you, the point I was trying make to you as gently as possible, is simply that there are responses from Standing stones and they should be the ones informing the players of the full details, and clearing up confusion that may occur, and not some other player who has read the same post as you!

You state that the language is clear, yet it is far from it, take the use of the Verb to own, as pointed out by others, this is not the case. if I buy something that I and only I hold, that I can keep and put were I like, then I own it, but this is a case of obtaining access to certain as yet unknown restricted services, which are subject to forces outside the control of the buyer.

This offer has been poorly presented, the short notice and urgency with which the player were given is uncalled for.

As I stated I DO NOT think that there will be 8 gold rolls per, week, and the HONESTLY I DON'T KNOW and neither do you!!!

It is one thing to given your views on a subject, it is another to act as if you are privy to information which you are not, so you use of the verb to "guarantee" is as out of place as that of to "Own"

PLEASE let Standing Stone deal with responding to details and argue their own case, as this deal should be considered with care and further confusion may not aid others.

Thankyou

P.S. edit/addition
    Though you may consider the question of the number of rolls a silly one, the fact remains the this offer states that there will "Daily gold rolls", and though I seriously doubt that they will, though they should, the VIP gold roll is a "weekly gold roll", so it is no unreasonable to question it the weekly will continue along with the add Daily. As this offer states that you get access to the existing VIP status, which includes "weekly Gold roll" and thrown in as a sweetener is some other stuff, including a "daily gold roll", therefore if it is on 7 rolls. either you are not really get full access to the existing VIP, or the daily gold roll term is misleading and should clearly state that it is 6 extra gold rolls per week on top of the existing weekly.

Further addition: To put it simply this is an offer which ties the buyer to a 2 year subscription with ToS and Conditions applying to the package, on purchase agreements are made, therefore it is contractual and as such the language used should be in no way possibly misleading, the way this has been presented is not as clear as it should be.
    Last edited by Brutuscass; 12-07-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

or toolkits

a nice stack of Jeweler's tool kits and Sentient Tool kits would be a nice minor add
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo

Community Member

Interested in the concept but the value is too low for me to consider it at the moment. I would rather maintain VIP and save $100 over 2 years (gold rolls and cosmetics have limited appeal to me).

Ok maybe I was being a little to subtle for you, the point I was trying make to you as gently as possible, is simply that there are responses from Standing stones and they should be the ones informing the players of the full details, and clearing up confusion that may occur, and not some other player who has read the same post as you!
    Sorry, the forums are for everyone, and one player often tries to help other players here on these forums. To be completely honest, the language used in the offer by SSG is MUCH clearer than your own posts, else this conversation would have ended long ago.

You state that the language is clear, yet it is far from it, take the use of the Verb to own, as pointed out by others, this is not the case.
    Anyone that has played DDO for any length of time (or ANY OTHER MMO for that matter) should be well aware of what "own" means in the context of online games. The term has been used for years in this manner.

This offer has been poorly presented, the short notice and urgency with which the player were given is uncalled for.
    Since this is simply a matter of opinion, I cannot disagree with you here. Aside from what happens to a current VIP sub, which was asked and answered by SSG, I didn't think it was confusing in the least. Again, just my opinion.

As I stated I DO NOT think that there will be 8 gold rolls per, week, and the HONESTLY I DON'T KNOW and neither do you!!!
    Okay, since you continue to belabor this point I concede. However, will 7 vs 8 gold rolls per week be the "make or break" issue for you? Go with the assumption it will be 7, then you won't be disappointed if you get 8, which you won't. I guarantee.

It is one thing to given your views on a subject, it is another to act as if you are privy to information which you are not, so you use of the verb to "guarantee" is as out of place as that of to "Own"
    I guarantee you I never acted as if, or implied that, I had information that others did not. I posted the links and quoted the exact language used. If English is not your primary language, then I apologize.

PLEASE let Standing Stone deal with responding to details and argue their own case,
    If people ask a question on a public forum, I will continue to reply if I feel that I can be helpful.

as this deal should be considered with care
    And if I feel like I can be helpful to someone in their decision I will continue to try and be helpful.
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    The season pass would push your next billing date out by 2 years from the day you redeem the code. You should get the goodies when you redeem the codes.
    My current VIP expires in February 2019. Say I redeem the code December 15. Will I get daily gold rolls from 12/15/18 to 12/15/20? Or from 12/15/18 to 12/31/20?
    Last edited by brian14; 12-07-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Warning

This text is wrong:

"Note: Your Otto's box is delivered to the character that you redeem your Season Pass code on."

and should be changed to"

"Note: Your Otto's box is delivered to the first character that you log into (regardless of world) after you redeem your Season Pass Code."

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    My current VIP expires in February 2019. Say I redeem the code December 15. Will I get daily gold rolls from 12/15/18 to 12/15/20? Or from 12/15/18 to 12/31/20?
    From the small print here:

"The DM's Favor benefit for free daily Gold dice rolls takes effect when you redeem your Season Pass code, and the DM's Favor ends on Dec 31st, 2020."

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

The Daily Dice does not show the free gold roll on your character symbol like the free daily and weekly do.

However, once one opens the dice, and moves to gold the roll costs zero.

So, yes to answer question, the free daily gold rolls are already live.

Note, making a new toon on another world will yield a free gold roll on the first day.
    A new toon that did the free gold roll earlyier this week, yields the phantom free gold roll right away.

Before you go making a lot of new toons, be sure to relog into the toon you want your Otto's Box on.

Default Got mine!

nt
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

I was tempted to buy this, but 2 things made me decide not to...

1) REMOVED
    2) I used shards for daily gold dice rolls today mainly for the extra xp. But the drops included 4x Tome of Fate (all BtA), 200x Bigby's hands and 25 scrolls of Holy Aura. Cosmetic armors (BtA), Tomes (BtA).

GL with the sales of these passes. I will put my money in the next expansion.
    Last edited by Nuryam; 12-07-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Edit: took out that I had to pay extra VAT. I was in the US store instead of German....doh

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast