Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Looks like ddo wiki is correct, logged in about 5:05 and the silver/gold rolls were available, making it right at 16 hours to reset.

Likely the 16 hours is to give players some latitude early/late due to real life issues of which there are many...
    The cushion is definitely nice and appreciated. And for those that have the availability to log in whenever, it allows them to eek more value. Though "real life issues" is part of why I hate them charging so much for the gold rolls (or at all as I'm not a fan of gambling, which is forced if you want to support them with this pack unless you're just throwing your money away). I have business trips, family that doesn't live nearby, and I simply am not always in the mood to log in. I haven't lasted almost 12 years in this MMO by grinding it every single day - I do other things so I can come back and keep the game fresh. I'll pay for VIP whether I play or not, but that price + 50% is just...

Charging so much for an RNG system that ranges from near worthless to nice depending on whom you are along with the subjective price of cosmetics I hope changes. Things like that make good free bonuses to encourage sales, but when you charge for them, you shove a wedge into your market.

If the Season Pass sales are doing poorly, maybe it will turn from looking to nickle and dime every aspect of a "deal" and become an actual deal where a 1,000 limitation means something. I have $300 with SSGs name on it if they value out the cosmetic and gold rolls or something. Though if it is doing well, that is at least good for the game. Sadly it would bode poorly for Sharn pricing - if pricing like this was OK for Ravenloft and OK for this Season Pass, it will continue. Definitely puts a massive damper on my excitement of what the expansion pack sets will be.
    Last edited by DrawingGuy; 12-11-2018 at 12:36 AM.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

My thoughts on the Season Pass:

This is a very unique package that most benefit those who are not already VIP users, or new(er) players to the game. But there are a lot of other types of players that may see the value.

Turbine was revolutionary in American MMOS in the area of pay plans. By being one of the first introducing a Free to Play concept to an already established brick and mortar boxed game in 2009 -- they took a huge gamble which helped save the title, opened up the game to an entirely new audience (without the need for expensive advertising) and put DDO back on sure footing.

"Season Passes" are a thing in many of the PvP heavy/exclusive MMOS and console games... think Call of Duty.

SSG apparently sees a way to retrofit DDO for such a payplan, and hopes to boost membership and ensure a playbase for the next 2 years, or "season". The company can then hopefully budget additional time to developers to well, develop more content!

The 4,995 Points needed for the Heroic Otto’s Box would run you another $50. That’s $248 total. The extra $51 the Season Pass costs you would net you the 600+ gold rolls, armor set, and the ability to keep all your perks afterwards if you didn’t keep up your VIP subscription.

Only 1000?! Supply and Demand. If it "sells out" expect to see more creative bundles like this being offered.

There are new VIP features that are planning to be offered in the next two years. New banks, new races? You get to keep that.

Lastly, there are those who will GLADLY pay more then the minimum to solely keep the game alive. These folks want to give a little more money, and have the extra money (About $4 a month than going with the $99 year VIP package) to give. A similar set of folks likes gifting DDO. They often gift the VIP pack and I believe SSG is flirting with the idea that for Christmas "season", some may give the newest coolest shinny. A Season Pass could fit that bill.

So is it worth it?

It's not a bad concept, and potentially another brilliant pay plan in the aftermath of a very successful Ravenloft offering. It is always good to explore new avenues for revenue generation for any kind of online game, especially if what the package offers is stuff that won't be difficult to implement (more frequent dice rolls, existing items like an Otto's box and tweaked cosmetic armor, etc).

It works out to about $12.50 a month, quite a reasonable monthly entertainment budget (and less than quite a few of us used to blow playing Pac Man and Asteroids in a day at your local arcade or pizzeria). Not a bad deal, if your new(ish), premium or FTP, or not VIP ALL THE TIME.

The BARD in me says it needs something else to really pop. I'd love to see a birthday cake-like item that allows each of us to select a valuable DDOSTORE item.

For a VIP like me who will be VIP forever, and who forgets to roll the dice I already get (hehehe) not such a good deal!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 12-11-2018 at 04:11 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Are the daily gold rolls supposed to start immediately? Because I bought and redeemed the Season Pass as soon as it came out (Friday), and I've only had one gold roll offered to me in the 4 days since then.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Yes, with 6 days left to buy, I am sure they will get right on that.
    ah Angles fear to tread and all that, the risk of rushing in and not taking time to consider.

Though the line above the line which you have picked does say "Maybe next time the marketing dept. brings out a deal like this they will give MORE (as in additional) thought as to how it is worded in order to avoid misdirection."

So I would say they do have just under a year to do so if they wish to repeat the Festivult offering.
    Last edited by Brutuscass; 12-11-2018 at 07:50 AM. Reason: addition
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Are the daily gold rolls supposed to start immediately? Because I bought and redeemed the Season Pass as soon as it came out (Friday), and I've only had one gold roll offered to me in the 4 days since then.
    Open your dice, the gold rolls are not prompted. As long as the shards thing is 0 just roll.

Oh and make sure you do silver first, if not silver will be eaten up, known bug issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscass View Post
    ah Angles fear to tread and all that, the risk of rushing in and not taking time to consider.

Though the line above the line which you have picked does say "Maybe next time the marketing dept. brings out a deal like this they will give MORE (as in additional) thought as to how it is worded in order to avoid misdirection."

So I would say they do have just under a year to do so if they wish to repeat the Festivult offering.
    Ahh well you see that's your fault for a poorly worded post. You see the way I read it was:

1. Entire post addressing current ad and how it is poorly written.
    2. Last sentence suggesting "maybe next time give more thought"...
    3. A Post script addressing (and I quote) "the error in the Advertisement for the Season pass". That's "the" season pass, not "next" season pass. As in, current. The thing your entire post was addressing.

So maybe next time you post you should give more thought to how you word it to avoid confusion and misdirection.
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Manager

I have seen a couple of reports from players who feel they have not received the 10% VIP XP from the DDO Season Pass they were expecting. I am looking to get further information from people who feel this is happening to them.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I have seen a couple of reports from players who feel they have not received the 10% VIP XP from the DDO Season Pass they were expecting. I am looking to get further information from people who feel this is happening to them.
    Someone check my math please, appears to be working for me with a box...
    Will try to check adventure log next time she hits a dungeon...

Fawngale - wayfinder

Used Otto's box heroic after talking to jeet to skip korthos.

Total xp gained - rank 90

Bonuses used
    item augment master's voice +5%
    ship buff +5%
    xp pot +50%
    should have +10% vip

otto grants 2 million xp
    +70% xp would become 3.400,000 which seems right, adding jeets as the extra 849?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Someone check my math please,
    otto grants 2 million xp
    +70% xp would become 3.400,000 which seems right, adding jeets as the extra 849?

Yes, in my experience the first Korthos quest is worth around 800xp. Then with your bonuses looks about right.
    Last edited by Sho-sa; 12-11-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Open your dice, the gold rolls are not prompted. As long as the shards thing is 0 just roll.

Oh and make sure you do silver first, if not silver will be eaten up, known bug issue.
    Thanks, that was it! I never thought to even go to the Gold Roll dialog since I didn't see the little gold symbol in the Vitals Bar. So I lost a few rolls, but now I'm in business.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Disciples of Shar optional xp:
    (Advancement): You gained 39 bonus experience points for being a VIP!
    Advancement): Objective Completed! 431 XP.

same quest, finish xp:
    (Advancement): You gained 706 bonus experience points for being a VIP!
    (Advancement): Adventure Completed
    You receive 7,772 XP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Ahh well you see that's your fault for a poorly worded post. You see the way I read it was:

1. Entire post addressing current ad and how it is poorly written.
    2. Last sentence suggesting "maybe next time give more thought"...
    3. A Post script addressing (and I quote) "the error in the Advertisement for the Season pass". That's "the" season pass, not "next" season pass. As in, current. The thing your entire post was addressing.

So maybe next time you post you should give more thought to how you word it to avoid confusion and misdirection.
    Oh it seems that you are just being a friendly troll here, in your helpful manner. I do hope that it is all a misunderstanding.

As I did point out to you earlier, there is not legal obligation in the form of wording in a general forum discussion, unlike the advertising finical contractual transactions.

Why is anything my fault? what is the fault of which you speak? I will guess here that you are referring to your misunderstanding of the 3 point which you have listed.

your first point, (point 1) is correct that is exactly what it is, you don't seem to have been confused in understanding that the post was about the current ad.

Your second point, does not seem to even be a point? and rolls over into your third,

Your third is purely pedantic, but to clear up you confusion here, this thread kicks of with
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Happy Festivult! We’re going to kick off December Deals this year with something a little different –
    And I did use state "Next time" which provides a future context therefore clearly not in reference to the current situation. and the "season
    pass" as a concept is correct whether it is this season or the next or any subsequent season, until the wording is changed the present error in the Advertisement for the 'Season pass' remains.
    I am sorry if you found the context was too vague for you.

I am uncertain as to why you feel so aggrieved here, my response to your last post was by no means offence to you or anyone else. unless you took the "Angle fears" bit as being directed to yourself, which it wasn't. it was in reference to whoever worded the Advert and failed to note that they had written it in a vague manner.

As to me giving MORE thought to my posts, given that my point from the very beginning has concerned the issue of clarity in the advertisement used for this offing. any confusion by yourself only illustrates my point.

Is MORE clarity required here?

honestly I was expecting you to pick me up on my misuse of the word line.

Yes you make a great point, if language is vague it can be a cause for confusion.

All this said I may well be guilty of presuming that English is your mother tongue, and if it is not I do truly apologise.

Though that said, the introduction to the use of MORE in English follows pretty soon after Pen, Pencil, Piece of Paper in most language courses, though it may not always be considered basic it is pre-elementary. (that to be clear, and for want of not upsetting you, this is a reference to the levels used by Oxford press)
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678