Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Any Links...

Any links out there to what the upgraded raid loot will look like?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Is there a way to preview stats of the upgraded raid loot before the upgrade is done? Just to avoid certain effects to be accidentally nerfeth compared to the old effects
    You should be able to see the new items before you reacquire them by browsing the raid runes lists and the raid reacquisition list in the hall of heroes. If you see anything that still looks funky, please tell us ASAP so we can fix it. There are a lot of raid items that got fundamentally recreated and if something fell through the cracks it wasn't my intention at all.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    You should be able to see the new items before you reacquire them by browsing the raid runes lists and the raid reacquisition list in the hall of heroes.
    Thanks.

ishr
    PrePreview link here. click on the item, then the link on the right sidebar.
    Which house? Share plz!

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Thanks.

ishr
    PrePreview link here. click on the item, then the link on the right sidebar.
    Or you can look at this category
    https://ddocompendium.com/w/Category..._Future_Update

This is all the items that are currently marked future. I will be removing this sometime.

However, a new category has been added that will get populated as I update the others here
    https://ddocompendium.com/w/Category...g_Items_In_U41

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Please consider shortening the XP curve in the early 20's and lengthening it in the upper 20's. I love the lower minimum level on raid loot, but this would also help out quite a bit. Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas and Happy Festivult
    That used to be the way epic exp was (150k to 21 and increasing by 150k for each level after that) but they changed it awhile back to what it is now when the cap wnt to 30
    (Combat): You are hit by your knockdown.

Community Member

Default cookies

with the changes of cookies this year the 5 set abishai bonus doesnt seem to be working is that intended last time you guys went back and fixed it

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by twoleftfeet View Post
    with the changes of cookies this year the 5 set abishai bonus doesnt seem to be working is that intended last time you guys went back and fixed it
    Not intended! We'll take a look - thanks for letting us know
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Niminae

Why is it that SSG never gets a single release of documentation right? How is this hard? There is a thing called version control which is intended to help groups keep their documentation up to date as things change, why don't you use this?

Why is it that YOU also never miss a chance to complain about inconsequential things ? How is it hard to accept that people make mistakes ?

The new quest, Lost at Sea, was released with placeholder XP values which are higher than intended! As such, when U41 Patch 1 is released, it will receive a reduction in base XP (with a minor increase in some optional percents) in order to bring the quest more in line with it's length and difficulty.

As it turns out, if you set placeholder numbers based on a quest you built previously, you need to go back and change them! My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    The new quest, Lost at Sea, was released with placeholder XP values which are higher than intended! As such, when U41 Patch 1 is released, it will receive a reduction in base XP (with a minor increase in some optional percents) in order to bring the quest more in line with it's length and difficulty.

As it turns out, if you set placeholder numbers based on a quest you built previously, you need to go back and change them! My bad.
    I am curious what your target range for xp is? The xp in this quest looks like it is decent but not overly good to me.

I just did a run on LN with first time difficulty completion. It took 4 mins and got ~40k xp including the optional I had to do one the way which is not bad at all but certainly not impressive either - and the quest isn't right by a place you port to but require some running. Sure, someone will likely run it in 2 min 30 sec getting decent xp but that's about it. Not really good but decent and being a short quest the time running to the quest counts for more relatively speaking. Also, splitting up doesn't add anything so its not like quests where being more people significantly lowers the time to complete.

In short - I am curious what the aim is here - if you lower the xp by anything meaningful I fear the quest might simply go unused after a few days except as a fast RXP daily.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 12-05-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I am curious what your target range for xp is? The xp in this quest looks like it is decent but not overly good to me.

I just did a run on LN with first time difficulty completion. It took 4 mins and got ~40k xp including the optional I had to do one the way which is not bad at all but certainly not impressive either - and the quest isn't right by a place you port to but require some running. Sure, someone will likely run it in 2 min 30 sec getting decent xp but that's about it. Not really good but decent and being a short quest the time running to the quest counts for more relatively speaking. Also, splitting up doesn't add anything so its not like quests where being more people significantly lowers the time to complete.

In short - I am curious what the aim is here - if you lower the xp by anything meaningful I fear the quest might simply go unused after a few days except as a fast RXP daily.
    It likely should be in line with Into the Mists. It is currently also better than Wizard of Wines (which I think is set way to low - if you are reducing the new quest why don't you compensate by boosting WoW in compensation)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    Why is it that YOU also never miss a chance to complain about inconsequential things ? How is it hard to accept that people make mistakes ?
    You must have only skimmed my very brief post. I'm not complaining about a simple, single mistake. I'm complaining about a long and storied history of SSG making the same mistake over and over and over and over and over and over again. And again.

There is a rather large difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.

Default Formal Complaint.

I'd like to make the following complaints regarding the completely blatant and utter disregard for the player base.

- We were promised the that 1000 Raid Runes of any singular type (ie 1000 Strahd Runes, or 1000 Deathwyrm Runes) can be converted into 100 Threads of Fate in the appropriate Raid Rune vendor list.
    ...This was not implemented and there was no news of that.

- The prowess set was nerfed down to 50 Melee Power.
    ...Again you claim that all playstyles should be desirable, yet anything melee is seen as trash that needs to be thrown out. You did it with monks earlier this year, and now it's time to go for the jugular for any type of melee until they are nerfed into oblivion again.

- The percentile hit point bonuses of all tank trees has been normalized to a competence bonus *except* Renegade Mastermaker has been changed to a competence bonus.
    ...Again if the bonus for all the other trees is competence then this tree should be changed from a racial bonus to a competence bonus. It's not even a racial tree, it's a class enhancement tree.
    ...I would venture to guess that this is blatant favoritism for the artificer class on the part of the designer.

Earlier this year you stated that there would be a Divine pass.
    ...Clerics, Druids and Favored Souls received a pass, yet paladins got nothing. Not surprising, but it was advertised as a Divine pass so why was the paladin class specifically excluded?

-

Community Member

It is still inconsequential in the long run, and yet you complain about every single little thing, nitpicking about all things that you don't like. Give it a rest for once. You won't of course.

Community Member

Default Bard hirelings bugged?

Anyone else use bard hirelings at low levels? (Before cleric hires get raise and divine vitality, I find bards useful...)

At least the level 4 bard hireling Lairon Hester seems to be quite thoroughly bugged. There are no always-on songs (not shown on the info screen, but may not stack with either old-style or new-style guild buffs?) and telling him to sing for buffs causes him to become completely unresponsive - stops walking, doesn't come when called, doesn't fight back when hit...

Tried with another character who had level 3 Brigita Hammersong started and no guild buffs at all; did see the constant Inspire Courage in the buffs display but telling her to sing it anyway caused her to similarly become completely unresponsive. Just stand there... well, fortunately they didn't do the "stuck in party" thing though.

The old buff song button has changed name to "Bardic ballad", which is quite natural. So since it's changed from active to passive despite being on the hireling action bar, it causes the hireling AI to hang or something?

Fascinate does seem to work as normal.

The level 15 bard hire... what's his name... looks like thinking about singing every couple of minutes, and stops there for some more minutes but eventually gets around to catching up. Does give two items of the ballad (only), has old-style Ironskin Chant on the action bar, that even causes the singing animation but no effect. No DR on my character at all, at any point in this, so not a problem with stacking.

Will test more but, well, since the big enhancement system revamp hasn't gotten through to bard hirelings yet either...

(On the other hand, my swashbuckler trapper got buffed, since Inspire Competence now works on self and apparently stacks...)

Anyone else have reports on this?
    Last edited by mna; 12-06-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.

It is still inconsequential in the long run, and yet you complain about every single little thing, nitpicking about all things that you don't like. Give it a rest for once. You won't of course.
    This is a mischaracterization of me, as I am actually willing to be proactive with your feedback as follows...

A vast of majority of my posts and in game discussions are banter, suggestions, opinion or helping other players. The rest is just running in raids or reaper typically as that's just my thing. But since you've brought up that I "complain about every single little thing" in addition to your request to "Give it a rest for once.", let's discuss this matter privately in game and get the record straight. The character would be Grundable@Argonnessen. I'm typically on after 7 PM CST. After hearing you out, if an apology is warranted you'll get one, and I'll take some sort of corrective action based the feedback. If I feel it's more so a clash of personalities well in the very least we can agree to disagree, and again I'll take some sort of corrective action based on your in person feedback. Either way you'll have an opportunity to be heard privately.

Absent the in person feedback and some additional context(s), I will be unable to rectify your claim or take any sort of meaningful action on this particular issue.
    Last edited by Alcides; 12-06-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Community Member

Alcides
    Originally Posted by SilentRunning
    This is a mischaracterization of me, as I am actually willing to be proactive with your feedback as follows...

A vast of majority of my posts and in game discussions are banter, suggestions, opinion or helping other players. The rest is just running in raids or reaper typically as that's just my thing. But since you've brought up that I "complain about every single little thing" in addition to your request to "Give it a rest for once.", let's discuss this matter privately in game and get the record straight. The character would be Grundable@Argonnessen. I'm typically on after 7 PM CST. After hearing you out, if an apology is warranted you'll get one, and I'll take some sort of corrective action based the feedback. If I feel it's more so a clash of personalities well in the very least we can agree to disagree, and again I'll take some sort of corrective action based on your in person feedback. Either way you'll have an opportunity to be heard privately.

Absent the in person feedback and some additional context(s), I will be unable to rectify your claim or take any sort of meaningful action on this particular issue.

My apologies , I was not responding to or about you Alcides, I was responding to Niminae, who always QQ's and complains and nitpicks about every little thing that is of small consequence. I should have added a quote from the source to which I was responding.

My apologies , I was not responding to or about you Alcides, I was responding to Niminae, who always QQ's and complains and nitpicks about every little thing that is of small consequence. I should have added a quote from the source to which I was responding.

And yet again you have failed. I give props where they are deserved, and criticism where it is deserved. If the criticism seems to be more prevalent to you or anyone else, you can draw you own conclusions as to how well SSG is doing on balance.

If no one ever complained about the things that SSG does wrong, especially in the case we are discussing where they constantly make the same mistake over and over and over again, they would never feel the slightest bit of pressure to improve. And they do need to improve.

It is human to make a mistake, we all do it. But intelligent people are supposed to learn from their mistakes, improve themselves, and stop making that mistake in the future. This is unfortunately not the case with SSG, where we can watch them step on the prongs of a rake a dozen times or more, remind them that it's going to hit them in the face when they do that, and then watch them do it yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.

Community Member

Criticism is one thing Niminae, Constant harping on something misspoken is another. It's a never ending nitpick, complain, and QQ with you.

It is human to make a mistake, we all do it. But intelligent people are supposed to learn from their mistakes, improve themselves, and stop making that mistake in the future. This is unfortunately not the case with SSG, where we can watch them step on the prongs of a rake a dozen times or more, remind them that it's going to hit them in the face when they do that, and then watch them do it yet again.
    And yet you keep on making the same mistake, always complaining about things that you have no control over, it appears you never learn. You talk about intelligence and yet you do the same exact thing over and over expecting a different result.

And of course you'll continue to keep at it expecting a different result.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast