Default No Elvish Dragonmark?

Did something change when Wood Elves were introduced and Elves became Khorvaire Elves? Can't seem to take a dragonmark anymore at character creation or afterwards at level up...

Hap

Yes, with Wood Elves came a new bug preventing Khorvaire Elves from taking the 'mark. The Devs are aware of it. I think they announced they had fixed it, but folks are still experiencing the bug.

It will presumably get fixed at some point. Until then, no Mark of Shadow for you (or anyone).
    “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” ~ Dr. Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post
    Did something change when Wood Elves were introduced and Elves became Khorvaire Elves? Can't seem to take a dragonmark anymore at character creation or afterwards at level up...

Hap
    Wood Elves are a racial variant of Elf with distinct look and mildly modified racial enhancement tree. Most notable, they are not eligible for the Dragonmark.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Wood_Elf
    Main 100+ Lives ( 44x HTR 15x ITR 36x ETR 13x RTR 59/154 Reaper Points ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 19x HTR 6x ITR 9x ETR 25/154 ), SoulDuster - Completionist - Paladin ( 15x HTR 3x ETR 18/154 ), 7 @ 4th life, 1 @ 3rd life, 2 @ 2nd life.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Yes, with Wood Elves came a new bug preventing Khorvaire Elves from taking the 'mark. The Devs are aware of it. I think they announced they had fixed it, but folks are still experiencing the bug.

It will presumably get fixed at some point. Until then, no Mark of Shadow for you (or anyone).
    Thanks, I think I was vaguely aware of the bug but thought it had been fixed. Guess I'll hold off on *that* build then

Hap
    Last edited by Haphazarduk; 11-25-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks, I think I was vaguely aware of the bug but thought it had been fixed. Guess I'll hold off on *that* build then

Hap
    It's not a bug, mglaxix gave u the link, hit the racial variations inside that wiki page
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

The issue at hand, and related bug, isn't trying to pop a Dragonmark on a Wood Elf (who cannot take a Dragonmark), but on a Khorvaire/Standard Elf (who can take a Dragonmark), and being unable to do so because of said bug being introduced when Wood Elves were put into the game.

Khorvaire/Standard Elves have, since the advent of Wood Elves in the game, been unable to acquire the Dragonmark of Shadow as they should be able to. That is both the bug and the issue at hand.
    “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” ~ Dr. Suess

Community Member

Hm. Didn't notice anything about this in the U41 release notes... anyone else see anything about it?

Where's the known outstanding bugs list again?
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.

We've determined the cause of the bug and implemented a fix, but we weren't able to get the time/people necessary to do so until after the Update 41 build was locked.

Assuming the fix passes QA, we're hoping it'll be in a post-U41 Patch.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    ... anyone else see anything about it?
    Only in about a half-dozen different threads at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    We've determined the cause of the bug...

Assuming the fix passes QA, we're hoping it'll be in a post-U41 Patch.
    Progress!

But gotta say... very strange, even for code.

Hap

Let me guess, this Elvish dragonmark unlocks a special /dance emotion for bards while singing?

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Hm. Didn't notice anything about this in the U41 release notes... anyone else see anything about it?

Where's the known outstanding bugs list again?
    They are now calling the known issues list the Public Notice Board, but it isn't maintained to any standard. The last update was: "Last edited by Cordovan; 10-03-2018 at 11:33 PM."
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.