Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default Luck be a lady, tonight!

    Nvm, you guys don't have the faith or the hybrid gear to pull something like this off, and I didn't really want to post it in first place.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-08-2018 at 08:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member Tlorrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Village of Knocks
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    you are obsessed with Fan of Knives ...

    Mixing Int based casting with Wis based casting, usually doesn't end well.

    You'd need a lot of reaper points to get your DCs anywhere near serviceable.

    I enjoy how you always ask others to post screenshots of things you only theorycraft and never post on.

    good luck with your hybrid builds ... maybe you should post these to custom character builds sections as opposed to the specific class sections as all of your builds are heavily hybrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    you are obsessed with Fan of Knives ...

    Mixing Int based casting with Wis based casting, usually doesn't end well.

    You'd need a lot of reaper points to get your DCs anywhere near serviceable.

    I enjoy how you always ask others to post screenshots of things you only theorycraft and never post on.
    ^^ I always mix my int and wisdom dps casters together. Like here, or here or even here. That's just basic dps casting 101.

    I'm at least 42.8% sure I know what I'm doing here and that this isn't just theorycraft. The other 58.2% I'm just going to rely on Lady Luck.

    As for tributes, let me pray to the lady and I'll brb.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-20-2018 at 11:03 AM.

  4. #4
    Community Member Tlorrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Village of Knocks
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    how about at level R1 ... screen shot your completion.

    or better yet post a vid of some of these builds ... single screen shots only do it partial justice.
    Last edited by Tlorrd; 11-20-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    how about at level R1 ... screen shot your completion.

    or better yet post a vid of some of these builds ... single screen shots only do it partial justice.
    Did you notice the screen shot was taken in a freaking explorer area?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    how about at level R1 ... screen shot your completion.
    A completion screenshot isn't going to help you, since I'm thematically playing a ninja now and stealthing through slowly and trying to only kill 10 mobs to work on my stealth skills. Well, I guess it might tell you that stealth works pretty well in reaper, and you can simply walk by the majority of mobs. But then the thread would get derailed and all the stealth gods would descend down on me with some horrific vengeance and sharp pointy knives.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-21-2018 at 10:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Well a video of how it could do in R1 would be nice considering R1 has been the common difficulty of quest ran especially in heroics.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    Well a video of how it could do in R1 would be nice considering R1 has been the common difficulty of quest ran especially in heroics.
    It would be. Could you make it? I don't know how, and I'm not sure the computer would handle it.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-21-2018 at 10:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Updated OP to add pew-pew in front of pew at levels 3-8. We don't get manyshot+ki regen + 10k stars until 9 anyways, so we might as well not use a bow until then.

    3 Cleric Rapid Shot Spells: Spells: Soundburst, Resist Energy, Seek Eternal Rest (If you have astral shards, take Heavy Repeater Proficiency or twf, and AS swap it out to rapid shot before taking 9)

    Now it is pew-pew-pew!

    I also took down my screenshots and the math. It's a cleric build. Either you have faith, or you don't.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-21-2018 at 10:15 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member Lord_Lambent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Phoenix Tavern
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Updated OP to add pew-pew in front of pew at levels 3-8. We don't get manyshot+ki regen + 10k stars until 9 anyways, so we might as well not use a bow until then.

    3 Cleric Rapid Shot Spells: Spells: Soundburst, Resist Energy, Seek Eternal Rest (If you have astral shards, take Heavy Repeater Proficiency or twf, and AS swap it out to rapid shot before taking 9)

    Now it is pew-pew-pew!

    I also took down my screenshots and the math. It's a cleric build. Either you have faith, or you don't.
    Unfortunately DDO is a numbers game. When dealing with numbers, people like hard evidence. You inability, or unwillingness, to provide the evidence that your builds work in any meaningful content, creates nothing but a lack of faith. Removal of the flimsy evidence that existed (just because it was critiqued?) is also laughable.

    You are aware that you don't need astral shards to feat swap, right? That there are items mean to help with that? That there is a quest specifically to grant you a free feat swap, even?

  11. #11
    Community Member Vish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Too Stoned AZ
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    . Either you have faith, or you don't.
    I have faith,
    In turkeys!

    Gobble gobble
    Vishantii (the bird man)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

    Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

  12. #12
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    I'm at least 42.8% sure I know what I'm doing here and that this isn't just theorycraft. The other 58.2% I'm just going to rely on Lady Luck.
    This is 101% proof that the build is faith-based, not numbers-based. lol
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Lambent View Post
    You are aware that you don't need astral shards to feat swap, right? That there are items mean to help with that? That there is a quest specifically to grant you a free feat swap, even?
    1 Cleric Point Blank Shot, Follower of the Silver Flame > free feat Swap to Olladra before taking level 13, Magical Training Spells: Command, Nightshield, Summon Monster I
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  14. #14
    Community Member Lord_Lambent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Phoenix Tavern
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    1 Cleric Point Blank Shot, Follower of the Silver Flame > free feat Swap to Olladra before taking level 13, Magical Training Spells: Command, Nightshield, Summon Monster I
    That there are items mean to help with that?

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Lambent View Post
    Unfortunately DDO is a numbers game. When dealing with numbers, people like hard evidence.
    Number's don't trump faith. It doesn't matter what numbers are presented. People believe what they choose to believe. I've done that dance before. Feel free to roll up an iconic or test on Lammania and produce your own #s if you want the next one.

    Added lvl 15 feat back to build. Oops, deleted it with math.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-22-2018 at 03:32 PM.

  16. #16
    Community Member Lord_Lambent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Phoenix Tavern
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Number's don't trump faith. It doesn't matter what numbers are presented. People believe what they choose to believe. I've done that dance before. Feel free to roll up an iconic or test on Lammania and produce your own #s if you want the next one.

    Added lvl 15 feat back to build. Oops, deleted it with math.
    I'm sure your math teachers loved you in school. You aren't in accounting, I hope?

    You can have have "faith" all you like, but if someone asks "hey how does this build perform" and your response is just "lol believe and it will be fine" then you will find that few people will take the bait. If you're going to make such bold claims as your builds being strong in specific difficulties, then provide evidence. If you're just posting a fun idea you had for a flavor build, say as much and you'll find you won't be asked for proof of it's supposed greatness because...it's flavor.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Lambent View Post
    You can have have "faith" all you like, but if someone asks "hey how does this build perform" and your response is just "lol believe and it will be fine" then you will find that few people will take the bait. If you're going to make such bold claims as your builds being strong in specific difficulties, then provide evidence. If you're just posting a fun idea you had for a flavor build, say as much and you'll find you won't be asked for proof of it's supposed greatness because...it's flavor.
    It will perform with elegant synergy.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-29-2018 at 04:21 PM.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Eh nvm, I'm going to remove build. Hybrid gear requirements are too high for most people to pull off, and I didn't really want to post this in first place.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-08-2018 at 08:45 PM.

  19. #19
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Eh nvm, I'm going to remove build. Hybrid gear requirements are too high for most people to pull off, and I didn't really want to post this in first place. I'll leave a screenshot for you to reverse engineer, if you really want to make such a hybrid.
    What is your helpless % ?

    50+30+30+30+(10+5) ish? Is it using falconry and ninja together, i assume they stack now?


    In fire stance you could luck roll a 19/+ for higher damage.

    The number is actually quite high with IPS, never seen anyone doing so high in LD.

    Seems like magic dmg boost affecting main damage? Mok + Arcane sup on a martial build?

    Is is something about Glacial Wrath interacting with any of the spellpower/crit boosts?



    Aasimar
    11-1X-CLR/5WIZ/ 1-X MNK?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload