Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by masterofthewand View Post
    I'm with you, but I don't think they are going to change this..., to me it seems they have been planning this for a while... The best we can do at this point is drive home certain ideas like scrolls should not be affected by these restrictive feats, and we want a shorter cooldown, preferably none on knights transformation...

I personally would like to see tier 4 knights transformation not be effected by the range restriction maybe move some of the power up to tier 5... But that may not be realistic at this point...
    just saying, touch range doesn't mean stepping over enemy's head, touch range is defined by your range weapon, so most times it's at least 5 feet
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    just saying, touch range doesn't mean stepping over enemy's head, touch range is defined by your range weapon, so most times it's at least 5 feet

I'm not following you, what are you getting at?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterofthewand View Post
    I'm with you, but I don't think they are going to change this..., to me it seems they have been planning this for a while... The best we can do at this point is drive home certain ideas like scrolls should not be affected by these restrictive feats, and we want a shorter cooldown, preferably none on knights transformation...

I personally would like to see tier 4 knights transformation not be effected by the range restriction maybe move some of the power up to tier 5... But that may not be realistic at this point...
    Well they didn't remove the range restriction but they did buff the 3 enhancements related to it a bit:

Knight's Transformation: Toggle: While this is turned on, all your spells and SLAs that are affected by Metamagics have their range reduced to touch range. You cannot enable the Enlarge Metamagic while this is active. You gain +30 Universal Spell Power, +3% Spell Critical Damage, +5 to Hit with Weapons, and +3% Doublestrike. Your Base Attack Bonus equals your Character Level.

Improved Knight's Transformation: If you have Knight's Transformation active, you also gain +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier with Melee Weapons, +3 to Damage with Weapons, and the Mobile Spellcasting feat, allowing you to move more quickly while casting.

Knight's Magic: Multiselector:
    Knight Striker: If you have Knight's Transformation active, you also gain +2 to Evocation DCs, +2 to Conjuration DCs, and +20 Melee Power.
    Knight Controller: If you have Knight's Transformation active, you also gain +2 to Enchantment DCs, +2 to Illusion DCs, +4 Spell Penetration, and +20 Melee Power.

Community Member

I think it would be nice if they gave out at least a +5 lesser heart with this update since they are changing some fundamental stuff with EDF and EK knights version.

A lot of us are going to have to re-spec with this update.

Community Member

Probably didn't see it, but, can the spellsword damage crit?

Community Member Oghma_Infinium's Avatar

One thing is ambigiuous :

-15% Arcane Spell Failure from equipped Armor and Shields

In the Core abilities , there are -15% ASF in Core_3 and -20% in Core_4.
    I guess that in Core_4 it's a 5% decrease from Core_3 , meaning it's not additional.

But when you look at the former EK enhancement tree , Core_2 and Core_4 ,

-5% Arcane Spell Failure from equipped Armor and Shields

this applies for each piece : -5% for the shield + -5% for the armor , for a total of 10% (confirmed on my main toon)

Must we understand Core_3 & Core_4 from the new EK enhancement tree the same way ?
    -15% or -20% ASF for a shield is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Oghma_Infinium View Post
    One thing is ambigiuous :

-15% Arcane Spell Failure from equipped Armor and Shields

In the Core abilities , there are -15% ASF in Core_3 and -20% in Core_4.
    I guess that in Core_4 it's a 5% decrease from Core_3 , meaning it's not additional.

But when you look at the former EK enhancement tree , Core_2 and Core_4 ,

-5% Arcane Spell Failure from equipped Armor and Shields

this applies for each piece : -5% for the shield + -5% for the armor , for a total of 10% (confirmed on my main toon)

Must we understand Core_3 & Core_4 from the new EK enhancement tree the same way ?
    -15% or -20% ASF for a shield is quite high.
    Bonuses from Cores should grant the listed numbers unless the text specifically say otherwise; the Eldritch Knight Arcane Spell Failure is as the text says, providing a total of 35% between those two Cores to (each of) Armor and Shields.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Default Wizard EK Capstone

Noticed that the capstone in the Wizard's EK tree says +2 Charisma.

Is that just a tooltip bug and it is really +2 Intelligence, or are the release notes wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    Noticed that the capstone in the Wizard's EK tree says +2 Charisma.

Is that just a tooltip bug and it is really +2 Intelligence, or are the release notes wrong?
    Tooltip + Notes are wrong, it's granting Intelligence. Fixed for patch.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Default "are" or "can be"?

Release notes and Lammania notes for Knights Trans say any spells or SLAs that "are" affected by metamagic become touch range, tooltips in game say any spells or SLAs that "can be" affected by metamagics become touch range...

I'm still new to DDO compared to most, so forgive my noobery, but I just don't understand this, my impression from the notes and lama posts and the reality I found were pretty disappointing...

For example, a scroll cannot be affected by metamagics at all, yet a consistent complaint in the forum is raise dead scrolling reduced to touch range while under Knight trans stance.

I'm cool with the trade off, chain lightning works well with it, even ball spells too, touch range turned out to be a lot further than I thought hehe, but it is all rather confusing...

Forgive me if I missed this being addressed earlier in the thread, its pretty big.

Community Member Oghma_Infinium's Avatar

Default Bug : ML of old Cannith-crafted weapon increased by EK spellsword

Hi everybody !

I let you appreciate a bug report I submitted few hours ago (and a clue to bypass the issue) :

Dear support team,
    I had the bad idea of logging out while wielding my old favorite cherished Cannith crafted weapon '+3 Keen Flametouched Iron Rapier of Puncturing' with the Spellsword:Fire active. Once I logged back in, later , the ghost-touch effect was still on it and my buckler. The ML was increased by 2 (Min Lvl 12 with Price Mod +7 in stead of ML10 PM+6). Unfortunately, I unequipped it before I realized that by toggling Spellsword on and off ,the Ghost-Touch was removed on the buckler. And it might have been the same for my rapier, were I be able to equip it again.

With my Kindest Regards

And the reply to the notification :

Dear support team,

I reproduced the bug on another old Cannith-Crafted weapon, '+3 Keen Flametouched Iron Rapier of Everbright'
    (ML10; PM +6).
    It became a '+3 Ghost Touch Flametouched Iron Rapier of Everbright' for a while (ML12; PM +7).
    Without unequipping it, I tried to remove the Ghost Touch effect by toggling Spellsword on and off. No success !
    I keeped Spellsword toggled off and the rapier in hand, logged out then in and had the pleasure to find it back to
    its original state.
    But, the other one (with Puncturing) has not changed a bit, still over-leveled with Ghost Touch in my inventory.

With my Kindest Regards

Hopefully , i kept many '+3 Keen Flametouched Iron Rapier of Puncturing' unbound, but no '+3 Keen Flametouched Iron Rapier of Everbright' which remains a unique old piece of .... cannith-crafting (no no , not cr@p).
    Last edited by Oghma_Infinium; 12-07-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Community Member

I have an issue with the 4th core. The 4th core on trees is supposed to be special and awesome, the 4th core on EK is underwhelming to say the least. Deflect arrows is a 2nd core on vistani. D6 to d8 is meh. With displacement we don't even need deflect arrows anyway.

Archmage has PK sla as 4th core.
    PM has wraith!
    Vistani has crit muliplier, and crit extender.
    EK has deflect arrow.
    SRSLY?

Also notice the lack of people saying EK is overpowered or lack of any discussion at all. This is telling. Clearly you could have been a little looser with the power level on this tree.

There are too many activatables on the tree. Look at Archmage and PM there are max 2 spamming activatables on each tree which you don't even have to use. EK has 5 activatables you have to keep spamming to keep your power level up in between clicking the dozens of spells we use. I'm seriously running out of buttons on my keyboard and having to push shift 1-10 and control 1-10 and stuff, it's freaking nuts. EK hurts my hands and makes combat a hassle. It's straight up annoying and not fun.

I think the lack of ranged casting is not compensated enough. It's not fun to play a caster with no range. I'm honestly trying to make EK work but I'm going back to archmage or PM or even harper or vistani is funner than this tree.
    Last edited by capsela; 12-19-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Community Member

I have a problem with the tier 4 transformation giving plus .03% critical damage. That is almost nothing and certainly not even noticeable to anyone playing the game. It might as well not even exist. Did you miss a decimal place?

Theoretical spell hits for 1000 damage (and almost none hit that hard) and crits, you do 2030 damage instead of 2000. Wow, that's so great. Thanks for that.

Definitely worth the touch range limit.

If only we had a spell that gave us full BAB and it lets us cast ranged and enlarged. Oh wait we do. Drops mic.
    Last edited by capsela; 12-21-2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: trying to be less hateful, but it's hard

Community Member

Capsela
    I have an issue with the 4th core. The 4th core on trees is supposed to be special and awesome, the 4th core on EK is underwhelming to say the least. Deflect arrows is a 2nd core on vistani. D6 to d8 is meh. With displacement we don't even need deflect arrows anyway.

Archmage has PK sla as 4th core.
    PM has wraith!
    Vistani has crit muliplier, and crit extender.
    EK has deflect arrow.
    SRSLY?

Interesting how you gloss over these:

Your Spellsword dice are now D8's instead of the original d6's
    -20% Arcane Spell Failure from equipped Armor, Shields, and Warforged Body feats.
    +6 Resistance to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire and Sonic damage.
    +2% Doublestrike
    +10 Universal Spell Power.

Honestly I think you just want to have something to complain about, and it's usually starts with you conveniently omitting things in order to get your point across.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    Interesting how you gloss over these:

Honestly I think you just want to have something to complain about, and it's usually starts with you conveniently omitting things in order to get your point across.
    I mentioned the dice change, the rest is the same as the other cores. Like I said it's not special. Thanks for making my point for me.

And as for the ASF and resists you can get the same effects from a yellow augment. It's ultra lame.
    Last edited by capsela; 12-24-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Community Member

2 months later post mortem on EK. I played ~5 racial lives on it and the summary is it is overall underwhelming. You are still super squishy and die a lot meleeing isn't where you want to be as a wizard even more so for sorc.

Wizard was always biased to warforged and this tree is even more so biased. If you don't have a ridiculous amount of pastlives I would say don't attempt EK unless you are warforged. Forcing us to harpers leaves you not enough points to put into other trees to help with survivability of other races.

EK makes a fun class unfun to play. Restricting ranged casting makes all the best spells PK, FoD, worthless. I've casted so many DBFireballs that vanished into the ether, I lost count. That's ~85 mana wasted for nothing and it happens all the time.

Too many clickies makes tree unfun as well. Radiant forcefield and deflect arrows coming to a tree near you soon. Why not put them in every tree you love them so much?

Toggling is silly and you might as well not even be in EK if you run with the toggle off.

Just disappointed and no longer playing wizards anymore. Hoping the Archmage and Palemaster pass fix my woes.

Make Archmage Great Again! MAGA!
    Last edited by capsela; 01-29-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516