2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default Axel: Falconry vs. Warpriest

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Personally I've never really used Warpriest but I'm wondering what you think about Warpriest vs Falconry in terms of using a Longbow. I'm currently using Falconry on my Ranger and I'm liking it but using the falcon attacks adds a long pause in my attack chain. I don't know if this is also the case with melee or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    Personally I've never really used Warpriest but I'm wondering what you think about Warpriest vs Falconry in terms of using a Longbow. I'm currently using Falconry on my Ranger and I'm liking it but using the falcon attacks adds a long pause in my attack chain. I don't know if this is also the case with melee or not.
    I haven't tested out the attacks with a bow. Just melee.

There is currently a ton of ending lag to the strike for the eyes animation since they tweaked it last patch (I think they changed it to the smite animation?) but as far as I'm aware the developers are still working on the animations to make them faster. So hopefully next patch it gets better. They improved coordinated strike a lot last patch.

I was on more of a caster RR cycle with my cleric, but I'm back to the melee side. Now I'm more of a Hybrid preference myself so I don't usually focus on DPS or Spell casting but look for a middle ground - A Generalist is probably closer to my cleric playstyle.

Now, I've not gotten as far in comparing the war priest changes to the falconry tree just yet, but I did complete a Dwarf life using both of these trees.

What I can say so far is that for melee using both trees pretty evenly split does not appear to be the optimal direction. I can see going war priest and enough to get the wisdom in falconry. Or Falconry and just enough to get some defensive or if you use the deity weapons some of those benefits. Based on that I would say it is better to chose one or the other when it comes to attack abilities.

One advantage falconry does have over war priest is that outside the melee/range selection you are not limited to deity weapons on any of the attacks so not plagued with the message that says you are using the wrong weapon.

My next Dwarf life will be Falconry with Radiant servant, and my last one will be War Priest and Radiant servant. I think this will give me a much better idea of which one works best for my playstyle.