Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Community Member Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

GOALS

This is what we hope to accomplish:
    • Create a clear and intuitive delineation between Raids at level cap based on several factors, such as:
      • The Minimum Level of the gear found in those Raids
      • The Tomes found in those Raids
      • The power level of the Raid Loot found in those Raids
    • Establish an easier way to communicate Raid Loot balance in the future
    • Incentivize a reason to run as many raids at cap as you want
    • Help support players who want to maintain “alts” at the end game.
    • Introduce a new legendary raid currency that we can support going forward
    • Provide design space to move forward in future content without overlapping what we’ve already introduced
    Personally, my reason for not staying at cap is due to knowingly not having any further benefit from experience gain. I am aware that you guys are also interested in encouraging people to buy the vip plans, but there is a solution for both of these problems. Simply allow people with VIP status to designate one character their primary character and another their secondary character, when their primary character is level capped and has experience in their current epic destiny sphere filled, their character that is designated as to being their secondary character receives all of the experience gain that would otherwise simply go to waste.

Tier 1 contains the at-cap non-Legendary Raids that do not use Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses, and as part of this overhaul, these raids will have their named Raid Loot significantly boosted to compete with other Raids’ gear. Our intention is to bring these raid items close or equal to the power level of gear from Against the Slave Lords at level 26. These overhauled items will drop where the old items did, at the same rate that they did before. If you have old versions of these Raid Items, you will be able to exchange them for new ones with Legendary Souls. These Legendary Souls will drop from all at-cap raids, and I’ll go into more detail on those later in this post.

Tier 1 will contain +6 Ability Tomes and +5 to +6 Upgrade Tomes at the frequency that the current Ravenloft raids drop tomes.

Tier 2

Tier 2 contains the pre-Ravenloft Legendary Raids. You can expect the Raid Loot in this tier to be the approximately midway in stats between Slavers and Ravenloft, only available at level 27. Items in this Tier will be boosted to compete with each other, be better than the previous tier, and drop where the old items did at the same rate they did before. If you have old versions of these Raid Items, you will be able to exchange them for new ones with Legendary Souls.

Tier 2 will contain +7 Ability Tomes and +6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes at the frequency the current Ravenloft raids drop tomes.

TIER 3

Tier 3 contains the Ravenloft Raids - The Curse of Strahd and Old Baba’s Hut - as well as Killing Time, the raid that debuted in Update 40. These items are not changing in stats or effects, but will be available one level earlier than they were before, at level 28. Level 28 versions of these items will now drop where the old ones did at the same rate that they did before. If you have old versions of these Raid Items that are still level 29, you will be able to exchange them for new ones with Legendary Souls.

Tier 3 will contain +8 Ability Tomes and +7 to +8 Upgrade Tomes at their current rates, as well the +1 Racial Action Point tome.
    It's a shame, the reward list does not include +1 lesser hearts of wood let alone any higher tiered lesser hearts of wood, would be nice if you included such as after someone gets all their needed tomes and gear using such, being able to also get +(Insert number here) lesser hearts of wood would make sense if really to encourage people to continue to use said acquisition system after they have all they need from such. One time consumables that a character only has use to consume once does not ensure return users of said system, +(insert number here) lesser hearts of wood would ensure return users of said system much much more reliably. Also, the attributes on some of that raid loot should be changed, or at least one particular piece of gear. The Volley, Arbalest of the Damned that drops in Old Baba's Hut needs the Nightmares effect either removed and replaced or upgrade to Legendary Nightmares, though it may make more sense to fix all weapons with the Nightmares proc effect to make sure they can actually proc as they currently are not making any procs at level 23+ quests and in some cases won't even proc in level 16 quests (Used nightmare the fallen moon in the heroic elite disciples of rage chain, zero procs throughout the entire chain).

We hope this overhaul improves the gameplay environment at level cap, and encourages players to raid as often as they would like and with a wide number of raids. We also hope this provides further reasons to maintain your alts and gear them up. We know this is a lot of change in a short amount of time, so we’re hopeful that you join us as we preview this new system on Lamannia in addition to providing your feedback in this thread.
    Sounds like you should consider making the items gained using Schizm shards BTA rather than BTC (Was told running the raid today that they were BTC and not BTA). I am only running one raid....... there is currently no way to exchange one type of raid runes for another while the threads of fate can not be traded for Schism shards, therefore I am really only focusing on running one raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    I hate being so damn right all the time.

Thanks for the kick in the teeth, SSG.

Just ran EE LHoX, a Tier 2 raid. Got 7 Threads of Fate. Need 50 per item.

Y'all have lost your damn minds.

~7 runs to upgrade A SINGLE ITEM? What happened to "it won't take may runs to upgrade your loot."? Oh, and those of us who want to upgrade our existing loot need to use the Threads. Everyone else gets to spend theirs on the cool new shinies.

I knew I was going to hate this implementation. Thank you for proving me correct.
    It was made clear that the easier, shorter raids were going to give fewer Threads of Fate than the longer, more difficult ones.

Try running Killing Time and see how many you get.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    It was made clear that the easier, shorter raids were going to give fewer Threads of Fate than the longer, more difficult ones.

Why does no one want to spill the beans? Neither you nor Lynn posted what the drop rates were actually like in other raids. Regardless, it's a ****-poor mechanic to have to find a group to be able to complete the newest, most difficult raid in the game in order to acquire a reasonable amount of Threads to upgrade the loot I have already acquired from the older, now-more-easy raids.

And Lynn, hyperbole serves no one. You MIGHT be able to complete EE LHoX in 5 minutes in a top guild run, with optimized buffs, but to design around that is poor judgement. The average PuG takes 12-15 minutes. And that is just inside the quest, let alone the time it takes to put the raid together and herd all the chickens in the right direction.

Not everyone in the game is blessed to be in a top guild with 11 others wanting to run raids.

And Lynn, hyperbole serves no one. You MIGHT be able to complete EE LHoX in 5 minutes in a top guild run, with optimized buffs, but to design around that is poor judgement. The average PuG takes 12-15 minutes. And that is just inside the quest, let alone the time it takes to put the raid together and herd all the chickens in the right direction.

Not everyone in the game is blessed to be in a top guild with 11 others wanting to run raids.
    Fair points.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

About the Threads of Fate.

There is a reason to put there the +X Mythic for WPM weapons? (If where for all the weapon/items, makes sense.... but is not)

and why not with Varron Tertius? (ok, he is a "Schism Collector", but he "fix" WPM weapons).

This is thinking that in the future you want to put more Filigree and posible more shiny things with the Threads of Fate, and the list could become a little big.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post

Wanted to come back and give an update. Just ran EH Killing Time with a PuG (EE would not have went well). Got 24 Threads. Still not happy. This will take a tremendous amount of grind to upgrade my old loot. I seriously may be better off trying to re-acquire it all...

We can argue how many runs you feel is fair to upgrade your old loot, but IMO 3 runs of the newest, most difficult raid to upgrade 1 item seems excessive. I understand there are other raids that award Threads, amounts TBD. The fact that SSG won't share how many Threads you can expect per raid/difficulty tells me everything I need to know.

They can make a chart for raids and tiers. How hard would it be to make a chart of raids, difficulties and expected Threads? Like 20 minutes work. Again, the fact they are keeping the cards so close to the vest tells me a lot.

Edit:
    EE LHoX - 7 Threads.
    EE Fire on Thunder Peaks - 18 Threads. This was actually completed faster than LHoX earlier...
    R1 Baba - 24 Threads.
    R1 Strahd - No Threads. Good form, SSG.
    Last edited by Xanthrawl; 12-07-2018 at 04:29 PM.

LHoX is the shortest raid by a significant margin, often taking less than five minutes to complete. As such, it awards less Threads of Fate.
    Doesnt matter how long is that raid because the timer is still 3 days.
    //Innokentiy//, //Efrosimya Polikarpovna//, //Prokofiy Potapovich//, //Lukerya Mstislavovna// of Argonnessen
    My youtube channel (outdated)
    Hope your eyes are not bleeding after reading my english (not really).

Community Member Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Innokentiy View Post
    Doesnt matter how long is that raid because the timer is still 3 days.
    Well, that's another way of looking at it I suppose..........

Community Member

Upgrading old loot is insanely cheap compared to everything else.

Speaking of everything else.....what is there really? I feel like Threads are really nothing more than Mysterious Raid Remnants. I, as someone that raids at cap constantly, have zero desire to run anything besides the 3 latest other than fun runs with friends. But I'd never personally push for it, there's just nothing to offer that's worth working for.

Where people apparently have lions walking in the streets- I reside in Khyber

Wanted to come back and give an update. Just ran EH Killing Time with a PuG (EE would not have went well). Got 24 Threads. Still not happy. This will take a tremendous amount of grind to upgrade my old loot. I seriously may be better off trying to re-acquire it all...

We can argue how many runs you feel is fair to upgrade your old loot, but IMO 3 runs of the newest, most difficult raid to upgrade 1 item seems excessive. I understand there are other raids that award Threads, amounts TBD. The fact that SSG won't share how many Threads you can expect per raid/difficulty tells me everything I need to know.

They can make a chart for raids and tiers. How hard would it be to make a chart of raids, difficulties and expected Threads? Like 20 minutes work. Again, the fact they are keeping the cards so close to the vest tells me a lot.

Edit:
    EE LHoX - 7 Threads.
    EE Fire on Thunder Peaks - 18 Threads. This was actually completed faster than LHoX earlier...
    R1 Baba - 24 Threads.
    Thanks for taking the time to share your findings. The payouts are as shocking and terrible as expected.

This is otherwise starting to feel like the same attitude Blizzard is showing their D3 players - "we hear you, we just don't accept any of it". I've already stopped playing since my last post on this thread, but I'll be logging 1 more time this weekend just to clear my mailbox from old bids, then I won't be logging DDO for the entire Christmas holiday. Ironic that the update meant to revive raids ended up killing the game entirely [for me]. I've already subbed Dec and Jan on another game and honestly don't see any incentive coming back to DDO till probably June next year. Oh well, I tried.
    Last edited by wraxzz; 12-07-2018 at 09:04 AM. Reason: grammar

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

Default Outfit of the Celestial Guardian minimum level

I have the new version of the Outfit of the Celestial Guardian as a drop from Legendary Tempest Spine. I have added a topaz of power +250 (ml28) to it. The outfit currently says minimum level 28 and absolute minimum level 28. I cannot remember if I checked the minimum level before adding the topaz of power. So I don't know if it always said Minimum level 28 or if it changed after adding the topaz.

The U41 notes say Legendary Tempest Spine items should be ml27.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmwhiteknight View Post
    I have the new version of the Outfit of the Celestial Guardian as a drop from Legendary Tempest Spine. I have added a topaz of power +250 (ml28) to it. The outfit currently says minimum level 28 and absolute minimum level 28. I cannot remember if I checked the minimum level before adding the topaz of power. So I don't know if it always said Minimum level 28 or if it changed after adding the topaz.

The U41 notes say Legendary Tempest Spine items should be ml27.
    The augment will be making the item AML28. The base item may well be ML27 but as I said the augment you put in changes that.

Stoner81.

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    The augment will be making the item AML28. The base item may well be ML27 but as I said the augment you put in changes that.

Stoner81.
    Thanks, I thought it was only supposed to change the absolute minimum level, not ml.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920