Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I just say thank you to SSG for this game.

I'd like to take a moment of time-out from the whining and griping and endless requests of "change x" to express my thanks to everyone at SSG for providing this truly amazing game.

The scope and depth of the world you have created, the lore and story and setting are truly amazing. The amount of content available, which is still growing, is mind-boggling when you step back and look at it all. And despite the frustrations and difficulties (or perhaps sometimes because of them) I do truly enjoy what DDO has to offer. It can be vast, confusing, challenging, at times contradictory, but then, so is the real world.

I think the level of engagement we see on these forums reflects the fact that there are a lot of people who still deeply care about the game and the challenge it provides, even if we don't all see eye-to-eye on exactly what direction it should go.

The fact is that when Turbine decided to drop DDO to focus on mobile games, that could have been the end of it. Fortunately, there were a group of people who obviously care enough about the game and the community to step up to the challenge of starting a new company to take it over. Since then, it has not only continued, but indeed grown and we are still getting regular new content, new features like cloaks, and even more planned for the future. For a game that is 12 years old, that is truly awesome.

So thank you, everyone at SSG, for providing Dungeons & Dragons Online, and may it continue for at least another dozen years.
    Last edited by Katalissa; 10-20-2018 at 06:10 AM.

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Best entertainment value for the money spent. Psst don't let them know that!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

+1s well said....

Community Member

Agreed

Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

I agree, I've been getting my entertainment from this game for a long time.

Agreed. It's great this gets posted from time to time, because it's needed.

I don't feel any obligation to log into this game, I have a pile of stuff on steam I've never gotten to as well as other hobbies, but I keep coming back to try new things because of how much this game offers.

It's always hard to really define what makes a game fun. Some games seem to have super slick design where everything makes sense, but just aren't fun. DDO is fun. It's fun to play, it's fun to think about builds, and it's fun to consider how it could be improved.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I agree, I've been getting my entertainment from this game for a long time.
    Same.

Did take a year or two off, but always come back.

Kudos
    Don't be mean to me or my guild leader will kick your ^*&
    13th Circle, been saving your raids since '06

Quote Originally Posted by Katalissa View Post
    I'd like to take a moment of time-out from the whining and griping and endless requests of "change x" to express my thanks to everyone at SSG for providing this truly amazing game.
    It's unfortunate that you view positive feedback differently (as much better) than negative feedback.

The scope and depth of the world you have created, the lore and story and setting are truly amazing. The amount of content available, which is still growing, is mind-boggling when you step back and look at it all. And despite the frustrations and difficulties (or perhaps sometimes because of them) I do truly enjoy what DDO has to offer. It can be vast, confusing, challenging, at times contradictory, but then, so is the real world.

I think the level of engagement we see on these forums reflects the fact that there are a lot of people who still deeply care about the game and the challenge it provides, even if we don't all see eye-to-eye on exactly what direction it should go.

The fact is that when Turbine decided to drop DDO to focus on mobile games, that could have been the end of it. Fortunately, there were a group of people who obviously care enough about the game and the community to step up to the challenge of starting a new company to take it over. Since then, it has not only continued, but indeed grown and we are still getting regular new content, new features like cloaks, and even more planned for the future. For a game that is 12 years old, that is truly awesome.

So thank you, everyone at SSG, for providing Dungeons & Dragons Online, and may it continue for at least another dozen years.
    Thanks for your insights and opinions.
    - inactive player -

Community Manager

Thank you!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Agree with all of the above.

I've sunk hundreds of hours into this game and not a single moment do I feel like it was wasted. An incredible game that no other mmo can provide me with.
    Thanks SSG!

Agreed! Your work is much appreciated SSG!

/agreed

There is no shame in pain.

Default Don't worry, be happy

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post
    It's unfortunate that you view positive feedback differently (as much better) than negative feedback.
    It is not that one is better or more valuable, it is the extreme imbalance. DDO has a lot of great qualities which is why so many people are still playing the game. Is there also things to fix or change, yes. But when all that is ever conveyed on the forums is the negative, then people get to feeling the game is broken, which is not true. If you only point out the faults, sooner or later, no one sees the good. You can see from my forum date I have been around since about a month after the game released. In that time, I don't think I taken more than a month off. I have tried many new, oh going to kill DDO games and well, never lasted more than a month in any of them. Do I like everything about the game, NO, does the positive far outweigh the negative for me personally, YES. Therefore I keep playing. When you see anyone only spout negatively on the forums (I am not pointing to anyone, not trying to start anything), you do wonder why they are still here. I think a more balanced approach to feedback by everyone would be extremely valuable. Only positive or negative, not so much.

Sinfully, Fopo, Pofo, Burradrow, Delightful
    It is ok to hate me, I don't like me most of the time.
    The Harsh Reality is "we both believe we are right"
    People are strange
    Relax, it is a game to be enjoyed.

Community Member

My favorite often overlooked story in DDO is Zawabi's.

Imprisoned against his will, he chose to make the best of what he was given and created a haven of peace in a place of turmoil and sand.

We gave the guy enough power to free himself from an eternal prison. He gave it all away and even allowed someone else to use power on that level just so he could have a single chance to remove a powerful evil entity from the world.

Community Member

Negative feedback is what makes things improve and be better. It's essential.

But yeah, DDO is fun. Could actually be a lot more fun though!

My feelings exactly. Lovely to read, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Burradin View Post
    It is not that one is better or more valuable, it is the extreme imbalance. DDO has a lot of great qualities which is why so many people are still playing the game. Is there also things to fix or change, yes. But when all that is ever conveyed on the forums is the negative, then people get to feeling the game is broken, which is not true. If you only point out the faults, sooner or later, no one sees the good. You can see from my forum date I have been around since about a month after the game released. In that time, I don't think I taken more than a month off. I have tried many new, oh going to kill DDO games and well, never lasted more than a month in any of them. Do I like everything about the game, NO, does the positive far outweigh the negative for me personally, YES. Therefore I keep playing. When you see anyone only spout negatively on the forums (I am not pointing to anyone, not trying to start anything), you do wonder why they are still here. I think a more balanced approach to feedback by everyone would be extremely valuable. Only positive or negative, not so much.

Sinfully, Fopo, Pofo, Burradrow, Delightful
    Devs get feedback from players online, and on other places (see communication with devs thread).

The forums is naturally a better place to post anything critical - so that it can be filed and referenced when needed.

The forums don't need positive comments to balance out the negatives, but any positive feedback on the forums should try to follow the same format Flimsy asked for.

1. concise.
    2. specific as to what you like

"You're doing great" is as useful as "you're doing awful" (as in not helpful to design decisions), and there is no need to have a contest of good/bad on the forums. Trying to start such a contest would just result in players shouting back and forth "whining" vs "cheerleading", and would not be helpful.

There is no need for anyone to put down those with critical feedback when starting a positive feedback post --> "whining", but all the specific positives are great to hear!

TLDR:

If the goal of the thread is to list positives, putting down others should not be part of the positive post.
    If the goal is to start a contest between good/bad, shout down the whiners at every chance you get.
    Last edited by nokowi; 10-20-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    - inactive player -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast