Community Manager

Default Extra Life 2018 and DDOstream Marathon Info

Extra Life 2018, Team Standing Stone Games, and October 20th Marathon Livestream

Hello! Some of you may know that traditionally I've raised money for Extra Life on the Lord of the Rings Online side every October, and Movember on the DDO side every November. I was asked this year to add Extra Life to the DDO side, as some folks here are raising funds for the Children's Miracle Network through Shroudpalooza and elsewhere, and it made sense to do a test this year to raise money for both charities for both games and see how it went. That might mean you can donate to Extra Life and not Movember, or Movember and not Extra Life, or a bit for both, or a lot for both (thank you!) It's all good, the main point of this is to help raise funds for great causes. If you can't donate this year and want to help, consider spreading the word about this fundraiser to a friend or family member, or in your social media circle, and help us out.

NOTE: I will be launching Movember in November, per usual. Info on how to donate to that will happen then.

###

All right, without further ado, let's get to the good stuff! We are doing what we can to raise some funds for Children's Miracle Network hospitals, specifically the Boston Children's Hospital for us, with a month-long fundraiser and special livestream marathon!

On Saturday, October 20th from 10:00 AM Eastern until at least Midnight Eastern we'll be hosting a DDO Extra Life Marathon on Twitch.tv/DDOstream, and raising money during that time! DDOstream team members will take turns playing the game and raising money for this important charity. We'd love it if you felt like stopping by and saying hello. This is a great way to celebrate Extra Life and hang out with other DDO players. Expect some giveaways and fun stuff in chat.

You can read more information about Extra Life, a nonprofit organization that raises money for Children's Miracle Network affiliated hospitals, by clicking here.

To donate to the Team: http://extra-life.org/team/standingstonegames

To find my donation page: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/jerrysnook

To sign up for Extra Life, if you want to raise money yourself: http://www.extra-life.org/

ANYONE is welcome to join the Standing Stone Games team, provided you are willing to do your part to raise money to help sick kids during this event.

I have set a goal of raising $3,000 for the Boston Children's Hospital. Since the DDO development team is based in the Boston area, this hospital made sense, although you are welcome to donate to any member of the Standing Stone Games team, and the money will go to the Children's Hospital they have designated.

Incentives

If you donate at least $10, you will be entered into the various DDO Point drawings that are unlocked by the Standing Stone Games Team reaching certain milestones. If you donate to me or another Team member, it counts! If you donate at least $5, you'll be entered into the drawings for the Ravenloft Collector's Editions.

There's one important thing, though: Extra Life doesn't provide me with enough info to match your donation to a forum/DDO community name, and I don't get donation info you donate to other team members, so if you donate and want to get a prize, you MUST fill out the following info and PM it to me on the forums here:

The name you used for your donation on the Extra Life page:
    Forum name (or Twitter handle, etc.):
    Amount Donated:
    Date of Donation (if you know it):

Without further ado, here are the incentives!

Group incentives:

$1000 - Five 500 DDO Point codes and five picks from the Community Loot List that will be randomly distributed to people who donate at least $10 to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated drawing.
    $2000 - Five more 500 DDO Point codes and five more Community Loot List picks will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.
    $3000 - Five more 500 DDO Point codes and five more Community Loot List will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.

ALSO: Anyone who donates at least $5 will be entered into a drawing for one of five Ravenloft Collector's Editions we'll award at the end of the fundraiser, provided you've given me your contact info as listed above.

Further incentives may be announced in the future if we meet this goal.

Individual incentives:

$5 - Forum Title of your choice, within the community guidelines. PM me with your desired choice. If you already have a custom title, I can add another!
    $10 - Custom Forum Avatar - Let me know what you want your avatar to be, and I'll do my best to make it happen.
    $20 - Two Picks from the Community Loot List
    $30 - An Additional Pick from the Community Loot List

If we can come up with some other realistic incentives, I will add them later. If anything is added, you'll get them if you meet the donation threshold.

All incentives are cumulative, so if you donate $30, you also get the benefits of the lower tiers. If you have a specific request based on the level of your donation, just PM me and we'll sort it out. I will be taking donations through November 15th.

Here's the Community Loot List:

Items:

• Lawrence's Robe of Trivial Knowledge
    • Lousy Docent Event Item
    • Lousy Chainshirt
    • Scepter of Siberys

• Wayfinder's Scepter
    • Eternal Titan Wand

• Spooky Festival Mask - Bound to Character on Acquire
    • Festival Mask (Scary version) - Bound to Character on Acquire

• Shen's Robe
    • Tainted Helm of Mystery
    • Tchurvul's Kukri
    • Lucky Hat
    • Battleworn Shield of Cyre

Creature Companions:

• Winter Wolf Pup - Bound to Character on Acquire
    • Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion
    • Merry Mini-Mimic
    • Dusty Air Elemental
    • Invisible Mini-Stalker
    • Yellow gelatinous cube-let
    • Pet Rock
    • Evil Eye-let (new in 2018!)

Bundle of consumables:

• Bonus Reward Ticket

Cosmetic:

• Wizard's Hat for Creature Companions

Consumable:

• Stack of 10 Hand Sanitizers

Thank you for your donation, however large or small it may be.

Sincerely,
    Jerry Snook
    Cordovan - Community Manager, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default Group incentive?

how does group incentives work?
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by rsking View Post
    how does group incentives work?
    Generally speaking, individual incentives are based on what you donate, and group incentives are based on the cumulative amount from every donor. And then your name will be put into lotteries for the points codes, community loot lists, and the Ravenloft codes.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Would very much like to donate again this year...
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Community Manager

THANK YOU to everyone who has donated so far! It's much appreciated. Following up on a couple of things at the end of our first week:

- It does not matter who you donate to. It's mildly easier if you donate to me for me to track donations, but it's perfectly fine to donate to ANYONE. Just make sure you private message me with the above info, and if you donated to someone who isn't me, make sure to let me know that in the PM.
    - Shroudpalooza! Kicking axe. They're our biggest fundraiser this year so far! Donating to them counts.
    - Since we are doing this fundraiser for both DDO and Lord of the Rings Online, I wanted to make sure people were aware that your donation can also be used to get LOTRO incentives if you prefer or in addition to. It's all good!
    - REMINDER: We're doing a marathon livestream on Twitch.tv/DDOstream on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20th (TOMORROW!) It kicks off at 9:00AM Eastern with Shoemaker and runs until Midnight. I'll be streaming Noon to Four, with Shroudpalooza taking over after that. Other DDOstreamers are also helping out, so let's see you in chat and supporting them if you can!
    Join us on Twitch!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    - Since we are doing this fundraiser for both DDO and Lord of the Rings Online, I wanted to make sure people were aware that your donation can also be used to get LOTRO incentives if you prefer or in addition to. It's all good!
    Can I transfer my LOTRO incentives to friends who actually play that?
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Can I transfer my LOTRO incentives to friends who actually play that?
    Yeah, I'm fine with that, as long as we can figure it all out.
    Join us on Twitch!

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol

Thank you for doing this!
    Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

Pst! I heard something about a kilt, pax east, and a community manager if 20,000$ is raised! Remember it's for the kids!!!

Community Manager

Wow, it was a huge day yesterday! Seems like everyone had a fun time, and the Twitch channels had quite a few visitors. Thanks everyone for being a part of this! We crushed our goal and are currently at $11,700. Also, yes, I did commit to wearing a kilt to PAX East if we hit $20,000. Dunno what I was thinking...
    Join us on Twitch!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Wow, it was a huge day yesterday! Seems like everyone had a fun time, and the Twitch channels had quite a few visitors. Thanks everyone for being a part of this! We crushed our goal and are currently at $11,700. Also, yes, I did commit to wearing a kilt to PAX East if we hit $20,000. Dunno what I was thinking...
    #PowerWordKilt #IKiltedCordovan Get these trending!
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Amazing work!
    I was amazed to see "Dungeons and Dragons" is, atm 123k+, not that SSG's own 12k+ is anything to scoff at.

Gamers healing the world one die roll at a time.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. If I say something that you take as offensive, please bear in mind I'm probably trying to be funny but the con of using text is that it can be taken out of context. (Except the ones crying "Stick in the eye, slap in the face, beginning of the end, etc." You can take offense, oh wielders of the cliche.)

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default What is that?

*snip*

Incentives
    *snip*

Here's the Community Loot List:
    *snip*

Bundle of consumables:

• Bonus Reward Ticket

*snip*
    Are there any details on this item? (Doesn't seem to be listed in the DDO Wiki...)
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default The REAL Question is...

But will you be in "traditional dress"?
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Are there any details on this item? (Doesn't seem to be listed in the DDO Wiki...)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Reward-Ticket

They're turned in to the person hanging around outside the Leaky Dinghy.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Default Not honouring !raffle rewards?

So has SSG simply decided not to honour their !raffle giveaways from this event?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    So has SSG simply decided not to honour their !raffle giveaways from this event?
    We will absolutely be honoring the raffles. The past few days have been quite busy, but we will be sending this stuff out later in the week.
    Join us on Twitch!

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    Someone's got a maxed jump skill; That conclusion never stood a chance.
    40 is the ceiling for that skill. Perhaps you might invest the extra skill points in... diplomacy?
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. If I say something that you take as offensive, please bear in mind I'm probably trying to be funny but the con of using text is that it can be taken out of context. (Except the ones crying "Stick in the eye, slap in the face, beginning of the end, etc." You can take offense, oh wielders of the cliche.)

Community Manager

I wanted to write to give everyone an update on the status of everything: I'm working on it! I've now given out (I believe) all of the awards won by viewers on DDOstream during the marathon, with three exceptions, and have gotten all of the donations through yesterday written down into my spreadsheet. Within a few days I hope to start replying back to everyone. If you've already given me info on what you'd like, great! When I get to you, I'll get you the codes and such. If I still need info from you, I will reply and let you know what I need.

There are three names I received as winners of things I need to mail them in-game that I haven't been able to track down, so if this is you, let me know:

siirsmash
    gimpcell
    devlkiller0
    Join us on Twitch!