Default Night Revels End Chest

I appreciate the addition of a chest to the Night Revels Graveyard quest. My only less than positive feedback is similar to what many of us have already put out there. Please have a key drop for every party member in said end chest.

I don't mind the new mechanic especially if it was a lag solver. The issue is that since there are a finite amount of creatures to slay in the quest, it is still possible to run the entire "quest" and not get a key. It is even more likely when you are in a group. Crystal Cove works because there is a continual spawning of potential compass givers. When there is a static quest that you have to leave and return to, even if the drop rate is the same, the perception changes.

I truly don't believe that game balance and key acquisition rate would be overly skewed if there was a single key per party member in the end chest.

Thanks for the time, and sincerely, thank you for an overall fun event from my perspective. I just would prefer to get keys in a group for the social setting than be way better off soloing. ( In my own experience, I have gotten well over 20 keys running solo in 2 hours versus only getting 7 in 2 hours with a 4 person group. No one in the group got more than 10 by the way). I realize this is not enough "time served" to be considered empirical evidence, but I have done a solo 2 hour farm session 4 times and each one was better than any of us got in a group.
    Last edited by Eelpout; 10-12-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eelpout View Post
    I appreciate the addition of a chest to the Night Revels Graveyard quest.
    It is a special chest, that ransacks to no loot at all instead of reduced level loot after 10 runs. Heh. If they put a key in there it wouldn't help much.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-12-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    It is a special chest, that ransacks to no loot at all instead of reduced level loot after 10 runs. Heh. If they put a key in there it wouldn't help much.
    They need to flag the last NPC to be 100% Key Drop instead of 50% Chocolate/25% Key/25% Nothing which seems to be the formula now. They also need to remove the end chest in all challenges and replace them with a "treasure ticket" turn-in that appears in your inventory like Cannith Challenges so there is no ransack possibility. Pipe dreams, but I am allowed to dream (I've only been asking for this since the second anniversary challenge event, I skipped the first year).
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Fair enough, but then some other mechanism to give (at least) 1 key for every successful completion.

Maybe a special "treasure bag" that drops when the boss dies, w/ a special "key-clank" sound and a GM narration to that effect? ("You hear a key drop" is used elsewhere.)

Point is that people are still (if rarely) running that quest and getting 0 keys for their effort.

I run a first-life build level 10 in CR10 (which is very easy—no doomspheres and nothing neg levels you). I get tons of keys. So if the issue is keys, I would look into a different build.

For the end chest—I would prefer it like the cannith challenge red names in which a chest-thing spawns in your inventory. You open it whenever.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Community Member

I have always done better soloing night revels. The only thing I miss from NR is bringing a trash mob on top of a auralock and watching them die and be dead for hours. Yeah d-bags that was me.

Community Member

I know what you mean. I have been incredibly frustrated with the event this year. My last ten runs through Delara's, solo on level 35, killing every mob, I have picked up a whopping 2 keys. Two days of my limited play time pretty much wasted.

Honestly, that is not the solution I would like to see. I'd prefer being able to buy a key with say 50 chocolates or something. I have literally thousands of chocolates I don't see much value in. Letting me exchange unwanted chocolates for keys would address 2 issues.
    Build a man a fire and he is warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by byzantinebob View Post
    Honestly, that is not the solution I would like to see. I'd prefer being able to buy a key with say 50 chocolates or something. I have literally thousands of chocolates I don't see much value in. Letting me exchange unwanted chocolates for keys would address 2 issues.
    Maybe try combine the instant kill dart with 80% returning from fletching in mechanic and 80% returning from VKF...

Maybe you get 25 AoE instant kills per dart.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-14-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Best way to farm keys is to solo with a warlock on low levels. You get all kills and keys come in faster that way then anything else I've tried.
    (DDO PVP PVE 24/7 options options come check us out better then ever!!!) = (+) Sales
    (DDO PVE only, 10k isn't required, no need to TR 150 times, don't worry) = (-) Scary
    Live large, you are awesome, you are here, you are happening! Sincerely, Proton

It should have been a Mimic.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

Maybe try combine the instant kill dart with 80% returning from fletching in mechanic and 80% returning from VKF...

Maybe you get 25 AoE instant kills per dart.
    Is that better than soundburst? Nah, can't be, soundburst is the bestemest ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.

Unfortunately...running the graveyard in a group penalizes you. I know they might say that isn't the case...but it truly does. Even though the MOB spawn rate goes up...it doesn't go up enough to offset the fact that for each live person in the instance with you reduces your chance of getting a key when it drops.

The best strategy I've found is to go in solo with a full group of hirelings. If you're level 18 or higher...you can do that with your Owl Bear, Onyx Panther, Alabaster Lioness, Scarecrow and your choice of a regular hires.

Those hires help increase the MOB spawn rate...yet you get all the Keys and Chocolates.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Adding one guaranteed drop in the end chest would be great! Much nicer when I'm helping out a new guy, instead of passing half the keys I get over I can just pass the one in the end chest and we'll come out about even

+10 keys/week would help a fair bit, even for someone like me who's ~120 keys in. Given that it's the 15th, that could be +30 keys by now which is quite solid!

Even if you were 500 keys deep in this event, +30 would be +6% for free, which is pretty nice. Also I'd be surprised if you were 500 keys deep lol.

And for casual people who just want a cloak (and thus only a few keys) it's a ~35% gain (if soloing) which is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by byzantinebob View Post
    Potions of Deathward/Restoration

But yeah being able to buy keys would be nice.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    The best strategy I've found is to go in solo with a full group of hirelings. If you're level 18 or higher...you can do that with your Owl Bear, Onyx Panther, Alabaster Lioness, Scarecrow and your choice of a regular hires.
    You can summon both Owl Bears and both Scarecrows if you're high enough level.

In theory dual-boxing (sextuple-boxing?) with 6 Warlocks should be better, as players dungeon scale more than Hirelings and Warlocks dungeon-scale more than other classes. Which ironically was the best strategy when it was a public area, too.

Keys aren't bound so you can pass them all to the same account.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Unfortunately...running the graveyard in a group penalizes you. I know they might say that isn't the case...but it truly does. Even though the MOB spawn rate goes up...it doesn't go up enough to offset the fact that for each live person in the instance with you reduces your chance of getting a key when it drops.
    If you're all staying together and fighting the same mobs then yes, it's less efficient because you dont get 4x the mobs for 4x the players sharing drops. But if you all split up and take different corners, it goes faster because even if you only have 2x the mobs, if you clear the zone 4x as fast as solo then you're earning twice the keys per minute.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eelpout View Post
    I appreciate the addition of a chest to the Night Revels Graveyard quest. My only less than positive feedback is similar to what many of us have already put out there. Please have a key drop for every party member in said end chest.

I don't mind the new mechanic especially if it was a lag solver. The issue is that since there are a finite amount of creatures to slay in the quest, it is still possible to run the entire "quest" and not get a key. It is even more likely when you are in a group. Crystal Cove works because there is a continual spawning of potential compass givers. When there is a static quest that you have to leave and return to, even if the drop rate is the same, the perception changes.

I truly don't believe that game balance and key acquisition rate would be overly skewed if there was a single key per party member in the end chest.

Thanks for the time, and sincerely, thank you for an overall fun event from my perspective. I just would prefer to get keys in a group for the social setting than be way better off soloing. ( In my own experience, I have gotten well over 20 keys running solo in 2 hours versus only getting 7 in 2 hours with a 4 person group. No one in the group got more than 10 by the way). I realize this is not enough "time served" to be considered empirical evidence, but I have done a solo 2 hour farm session 4 times and each one was better than any of us got in a group.
    Yeah, it's definitely better than last year, and the chest is a nice addition, but I agree that every completion should get a key, probably 2. When we tried to run this as a full party of real people we gave up after around 40 minutes with some people having only 2 keys and none of us having more than 3. And we all had significant expensive gear damage from the lag freezing the game so we couldn't move but the mobs kept hitting us.

Solo went a lot better, it was even kinda fun except for being alone with our hirelings while we all chatted on Skype.

At least the chest lets us recoup some of the gear damage.

Oh, and somebody said it ransacks, please exempt it from ransack like the challenge crates or whatever, you set this up as a choke point so don't double penalize us with both grind and removing the rewards.
    I am profoundly disappointed with the current state and direction of DDO, and my purchasing habits reflect this. A drastic improvement in quality of life, transparency, and honest communication would improve my spending. Promises and "more squeeze" will not.