Default Night Revels 2019 Suggestions

For a couple years now I've thought that stylistically the shield Death's Door matches the style of the Reaper cosmetics from Night Revels. With a little adjustment to recolor it, it can be made to match the Reaper armors in hue as well.

The original Death's Door is a tad too yellowed-bone, too pastel, but de-saturating the yellow, making the item darker seems to look alright. Also the original is a fuchsia/violet so I suggest that next year's Night Revels color match. These are my examples of what this might look like:

I did have to adjust the gem on the skull as well, it was off terribly in color from the Turquoise original Reaper the most.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    :

WHAT?!!! No cloak? Go get some more keys and farm that thing girl.

I like the look by the way.

I like it
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo

Default Another Possibility...

This is a combination of the Violet Reaper Plate and Reveler's Regalia for a caster.

Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Thumbs up Love Love Love Love it........

For a couple years now I've thought that stylistically the shield Death's Door matches the style of the Reaper cosmetics from Night Revels. With a little adjustment to recolor it, it can be made to match the Reaper armors in hue as well.

The original Death's Door is a tad too yellowed-bone, too pastel, but de-saturating the yellow, making the item darker seems to look alright. Also the original is a fuchsia/violet so I suggest that next year's Night Revels color match. These are my examples of what this might look like:

I did have to adjust the gem on the skull as well, it was off terribly in color from the Turquoise original Reaper the most.

The purple looks amazing love it --- and the shields absolutely tasty I would love to see these next year with a cloak of course Excellent visual and suggestion

Hubby said someone from the twitch today was interested in a white version of the Reaper cosmetic. I'm not sure how to go about making it white with Photoshop without loosing a lot of detail. How much interest is there in white Reaper? Did they mean the entire armor white or just the glowy colored part? What if I made it sort of Ghostly? Like semi-transparent?

Community Member

That's a great suggestion. I'd recommend white armor while retaining the color of the glowing parts. If there was a mild transparency or blurring effect that would particularly effective.
    "I didn't change my mind, It changed all by itself" – Luna

Looks beautiful!

I was thinking white as well, as in lich form.

Quote Originally Posted by kilagan800 View Post
    Looks beautiful!

I was thinking white as well, as in lich form.
    I'm trying. I can make the colored bits white easily enough and it looks decent, but trying to make the base armor white is not working out so well. Also trying to make the armor appear "ghostly" translucent is proving difficult because on the log-in screen where I often take my screenshots for photo-shopping purposes the character is constantly swaying back and forth so getting them to line up is annoying.

wow nice

I don’t like the reaper cosmetic armors though—am
    always surpised by folks running around in it. They look like angry beetles.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

White Glow Reaper:

Looks okay I guess. Wouldn't want it myself but I guess someone might.

Ghostly Transparent Reaper:

Unclothed figure didn't line up exactly with armor but I did my best. If they were to make something like this I assume they would use similar tech to the transparent Spectral Dagger, but I don't know if they could use that with armor. Looks kind of neat, really only suitable on a Palemaster or maybe a Death Domain Cleric.

Community Member

While they are doing that update the stats on cloak of the night sub level 28

WOW, love the suggestions and your artwork. I love~love~love the purple. That would be the FIRST thing I saved up for! (cloak or no cloak) And the shields, so pretty!

I farmed all three colors last year for the outfit and cloak. My guy friends farmed the hat, as well. I'm not big into hats. Oh wait, I did pair up Boundless with them. It makes you look like a super hero!

The white looks nice except the bottom center piece is a little harsh as that bright a white. It's not your fault since you were following the current color shading; just an observation. The top part looks awesome. Maybe someday they will let us mix tops and bottoms... not holding my breath.

The clear-ish one looks crazy s-c-a-r-y! Like you got slimed by an angry mob. Especially the helmet. haha
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Default just a reminder

Its probably too late now but I did start this suggestion almost a year ago.

Cool You beat me to the Punch! Looking forward to this year's Mabar!

I'm always amazed by your Edits for these outfit! Those white-reaper ones are definitely cool. But I think Purple or Orange are definitely more likely.

Mostly, I just want to see the skull hat as a permanent cosmetic. It was so cool as a thrower, just like the Pumpkin Hat, but years went by and nothing! It really deserves to be added.

https://ddowiki.com/images/Skull_Head_shown.png << Relevant Link

Also I feel the Mabarian Head Spider needs to be enlarged a bit, because it sits on the hair and is VERY small in some cases, making it a difficult hat to show off. Same for Varg Wings, make em a little bigger.

As for the Upgradable Loot this year, having added Daggers / Throwing Daggers for Vistani in 2018, along with that Awesome Ghost Touch Runearm (great) which has synergy with any class that chooses arti splash, I really feel like we need A Light Xbow with Light Damage (Inquis), a Dart with Poison / Paralysis effects (Alchemist), a Heavy Club (TWF Meta) and a Longsword (New LS feat).

Stat Examples would be:

Blinded by the Light (Light Xbow) 4-8-12-16-20-24-28 I'd make this one like like the Alchemical Light Xbow but with a Gold-White motif.
    • Good Damage (scaled)
    • Light Damage (scaled)
    • Sunburst (scales to Greater and Sovereign Sunburst)
    • Unnatural Bane (scaled)
    • Red Augment Slot

Ghast-Maker (Dart) 4-8-12-16-20-24-28 I'd make this one look like a bony finger.
    • Poison Damage (scaled)
    • Piercing Damage (scaled Crit)
    • Befouling (scaled CHA damage)
    • Ghast Touch (Vorpal Poison DC Scaled, on a failed save target is held in place unable to move as if from a Ghast's touch, on a successful save they still take Poison+Bane Damage)
    • Red Augment Slot

Bodybreaker (Heavy Club 1-H) 4-8-12-16-20-24-28 I'd make this one look like a Skull on a spine a la Deathnip without the spike.
    • Bludgeoning Damage (scaled)
    • Ribcracker (scaled for crit)
    • Swing Wide (scaled Trip effect DC 17, 25, 33, 50, 70, 100)
    • Humanoid Bane (scaled)
    • Red Augment Slot

Tombkeeper's Baselard (Longsword 1-H) 4-8-12-16-20-24-28 You know those small cross-shaped daggers the Hobgoblin mobs sometimes have? Yeah that.
    • Slashing Damage (scaled)
    • Maiming (scaled for Crit)
    • Bleed Them Out (scaled Bleed Damage)
    • Limbchopper with scaled DC
    • Red Augment Slot

and Lastly I'd like to see some Goggles called "The Crypt Watcher" only available for level 20. They add Ghost Touch, Accuracy, Insight Accuracy, Fort Bypass and a Green Slot.

Also, a new SPOOOOKY DUNGEON remake would be nice. I can think of a few short quests ripe for Scaaary Treatment. Like Toxic Treatment. Call it Trap or Treat. Drow Zombie Mobs and Rage Disciples.

or maybe Where There's Smoke? "Where There's Howling" with Werewolves harassing a farm.

That's my two cents. Or Three.
    I might be addicted to pack design!

Well we didn't get the shield, but at least we got the PURPLE armor, hat and cloak!!! So pretty!

Thanks Devs!!
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I was happy, too.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !