Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem with Epic Astral Proyector

I'm having trouble hitting anything with this runearm but at melee range. PC is a male warforged who is Legend (In case height was related). I can see the ghosts homing to the target, but when they hit, they just dissapear, doing no damage at all.

If I hit the target in a melee range, all the ghosts hit and do regular damage. Character is 20 arti / Shadowdancer. Not using the new defensive stance since I only do ranged attacks.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour? The rest of runearms seem to work normally.

Thanks in advance.

I experienced this same behavior on Lamannia - could not damage stuff beyond melee range with this runearm.

I figured it would be fixed by the time U40 went live.

Oh well.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I experienced this same behavior on Lamannia - could not damage stuff beyond melee range with this runearm.

I figured it would be fixed by the time U40 went live.

Oh well.
    O.K., Thanks for answering. Hope it makes into the next hotfix with all the other things that are not working right now

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Arkat again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KaVaYo View Post
    O.K., Thanks for answering. Hope it makes into the next hotfix with all the other things that are not working right now

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Arkat again.
    I have seen plenty of damage from afar and close. Maybe lag...turn on combat log and check. Ghosts, Wraiths and Specteres do phase remember.

I haven't tried the epic one, so can't provide any feedback there, but the heroic one is working just fine
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Systems Designer

There's definitely something funky with the range/collision reporting. We'll investigate, and when it's fixed you guys'll be the first to know. Luckily, bugs like this can be fixed without requiring anyone to get another copy
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

There's definitely something funky with the range/collision reporting. We'll investigate, and when it's fixed you guys'll be the first to know. Luckily, bugs like this can be fixed without requiring anyone to get another copy
    Will this fix monk CC strikes also? Since the update I am missing on several run- up to opponent attacks -- maybe 10% of the time. By miss not "miss" like rolling a one. The clicky goes off -- say for stunning fist -- but the critter i'm hitting doesn't show immune or save or anything and there is no strike shown on him or miss in my text box.. It seems like a distance problem though I am sure i am close enough to hit.

Thanks for looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I have seen plenty of damage from afar and close. Maybe lag...turn on combat log and check. Ghosts, Wraiths and Specteres do phase remember.
    I've only seen damage when firing at close range. TBH I've only tested it with the training dummy at the cargo hold.

When in melee range: (Combat): You hit Training Dummy for 1,886 points of evil damage.
    About 3 meters from dummy: (Combat): You hit Training Dummy for 2,486 points of evil damage.
    About 10 meters from dummy, ghost fly to dummy, then dissapear. Nothing at combat log.

This is reproducible 100% of times with my toon.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default My only problem with it.......

I'm a melee artificer so I have not noticed said bug.......

However I have noticed a wasted chance to utilize the name to make a B52s reference

(Skip forward to the last 55 seconds of the song)

Seriously, no reference? T_T

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Astral_Projector

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    I haven't tried the epic one, so can't provide any feedback there, but the heroic one is working just fine
    This has NOT been my experience. With the heroic Astral Projector I've only been able to reliably hit monsters by aiming at my feet when firing. At any range beyond melee the shots appear to hit their target but 80%+ of the time they don't cause any damage.
    Last edited by PurpleTimb; 10-10-2018 at 12:18 AM.

I retract my previous comment. My usage had been solely revels, where everything must have been close range enough to work fine. Further testing definitely shows it's close range
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Question

Is this getting fixed in Update 40 Patch 1? I did not see the fix in the release notes ...

Any news on this, or do we just call this WAI?

Systems Designer

No news yet but I'm not giving up. I farmed both the heroic and epic one out for myself, too it's on a list, don't worry.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathiasthabom View Post
    Any news on this, or do we just call this WAI?
    Given the dev comment etc and the fact that projectiles hit but do no damage it's pretty obvious that it's not WAI. It's a bug. There's a difference.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Thumbs up

No news yet but I'm not giving up. I farmed both the heroic and epic one out for myself, too it's on a list, don't worry.
    Tnx Lynnabel!
    I think the astral projector is amazing, even if it's not working as intended. It also looks awesome! My pewpew toon had to change his play style and is now a 'up close and personal' pewpew, which is still very cool but more difficult to stay alive .

Quote Originally Posted by Mathiasthabom View Post
    Tnx Lynnabel!
    I think the astral projector is amazing, even if it's not working as intended. It also looks awesome! My pewpew toon had to change his play style and is now a 'up close and personal' pewpew, which is still very cool but more difficult to stay alive .
    I switch to the Astral Projector on a situational basis now. Usually stick with the Hand Cannon

Community Member

I realise I'm just tacking onto a topic here, but my question probably doesn't warrant a thread of it's own.. I've been trying to work out who the Astral Projector is for? What is a light casting Arti build? Or more broadly, what is the radiance bonus good for on a runearm?

You don't have an internal test enviroment to spawn those or are things only fixed on a decent time scale when a dev happens to play a certain class? In that case i would like to see a list of dev and the classes they currently play.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    You don't have an internal test enviroment to spawn those or are things only fixed on a decent time scale when a dev happens to play a certain class? In that case i would like to see a list of dev and the classes they currently play.
    She means that she farmed them out on her live game account. She does not have the ability to grant herself items on the live servers, so she needs to acquire them the same way everyone else does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast