Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Congrats, you posted an exploit to the forums.
    Not sure what exploit you are referring to but if it is the cracking attack bug, they fixed that many patches ago and said they were going to before I posted this build.
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Chippacabre, Chippotle, Chippmunk Funk, Chippinater, Chippin Dale, Chippling - Leader of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    Not sure what exploit you are referring to but if it is the cracking attack bug, they fixed that many patches ago and said they were going to before I posted this build.
    So, cracking attack no longer hits the enemy several times while in an animal form? Further more, every barbarian single target attack hits several times while in an animal form.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member

The MaulBearian - This ... is an achievement.

Starting Stats: Str 18 | Dex 8 | Con 18 | Int 8 | Wis 8 | Cha 12
    Past lives – no racial, all melee x 3, all Epic x 9 except Arcane, PDK x 3

** THIS BUILD REQUIRES A +3 HEART OF WOOD **

11 Barbarian, 6 Cleric, 3 druid
    You will take the levels under "starting split" when you start out then have to eat a +3 heart of wood to sub them out and get the final split correct.
    Forgive my ignorance, but how does this work? You advance to level x with Fighter and Cleric levels and then reincarnate to choose Barb/Cleric/Druid levels instead? And: why?

3 Cleric | Completionist & Silvanus
    Also: Completionist feat? Don't you need to have every past class life in order to take this? but your past lives indicated only all melee?

Thanks!
    -Ozmar the Confused
    I can has no signature. Alas!

Community Member

My guess is that you are not in animal form when looking at the character sheet for the stat change as that was the only thing you didn't mention that is necessary regarding Enduring Beast.
    Sorry, I was also in Bear form at the time - I forgot to mention that because it was the one constant while I was testing:

Bear Form, (natural fighting on/off), no rage = 28 STR
    Bear Form, (natural fighting on/off), rage = 35 STR

These numbers were the same whether or not I had Enduring Beast as an enhancement, or if I had reset the tree.

The +7 to STR came from the +4 rage bonus to STR, and +3 from Power Rage (Frenzied Berserker, Tier 1 Rank 3). Having one rank of Enduring Beast should have provided me a 36 STR.

When I reset my Frenzied Berserker tree, but still with Enduring Beast, my STR goes from 28 to 32 - so I'm only getting the +4 STR from Barbarian Rage.

I am currently only level 7, so druid 3/barbarian 2/cleric 2 (playing through as a Tiefling, so I'm not going to get the Silvanus bonus - but I wanted to play around with your build through a couple of heroic racials).

~Bill

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OzmarDDO View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but how does this work? You advance to level x with Fighter and Cleric levels and then reincarnate to choose Barb/Cleric/Druid levels instead? And: why?

Also: Completionist feat? Don't you need to have every past class life in order to take this? but your past lives indicated only all melee?

Thanks!
    -Ozmar the Confused
    I can definitely answer the first question, and make an educated guess on the second question.

The build requires an iconic PDK - when creating a PDK your first life is automatically assigned as a fighter. You could use another iconic class, but then you'd have a different class that you'd also have to sub out. You can't take the final order initially because you have to level to 15, and you'd need to select 4 classes to do it. So initially, you go through as a fighter/cleric/barb, and then you use the +3 heart to swap out the fighter level for druid, and then also sub out a couple of the cleric levels for druid.

For the second question, he mentions that he has all melee x3, but doesn't mention the non-melees. My assumption is that he has single lives in the non-melee classes.

~Bill

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    So, cracking attack no longer hits the enemy several times while in an animal form? Further more, every barbarian single target attack hits several times while in an animal form.
    IIRC the tier 4 bonus from cracking attack could be timed to stack multiple times, and it had nothing to do with being in animal form but they fixed it.

If every Barbarian single target attack is hitting several times while in an animal form, I have not noticed it. I think you are just confusing past things that you have read and I question whether you have actually played a barbarian animal and/or tested this. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Furthermore it is not mentioned anywhere in my build so you are actually the one posting an exploit, not me. And if that's the case, I'm glad because the game is more fun when balanced.
    Last edited by chipotle47; 04-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Chippacabre, Chippotle, Chippmunk Funk, Chippinater, Chippin Dale, Chippling - Leader of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Mystickal View Post
    Sorry, I was also in Bear form at the time - I forgot to mention that because it was the one constant while I was testing:

Bear Form, (natural fighting on/off), no rage = 28 STR
    Bear Form, (natural fighting on/off), rage = 35 STR

These numbers were the same whether or not I had Enduring Beast as an enhancement, or if I had reset the tree.

The +7 to STR came from the +4 rage bonus to STR, and +3 from Power Rage (Frenzied Berserker, Tier 1 Rank 3). Having one rank of Enduring Beast should have provided me a 36 STR.

When I reset my Frenzied Berserker tree, but still with Enduring Beast, my STR goes from 28 to 32 - so I'm only getting the +4 STR from Barbarian Rage.

I am currently only level 7, so druid 3/barbarian 2/cleric 2 (playing through as a Tiefling, so I'm not going to get the Silvanus bonus - but I wanted to play around with your build through a couple of heroic racials).

~Bill
    I really don't know then. I have recently TR'd out of the build to do some past lives and then go back to a tank in preparation for the upcoming expansion so I can't test it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystickal View Post
    I can definitely answer the first question, and make an educated guess on the second question.

The build requires an iconic PDK - when creating a PDK your first life is automatically assigned as a fighter. You could use another iconic class, but then you'd have a different class that you'd also have to sub out. You can't take the final order initially because you have to level to 15, and you'd need to select 4 classes to do it. So initially, you go through as a fighter/cleric/barb, and then you use the +3 heart to swap out the fighter level for druid, and then also sub out a couple of the cleric levels for druid.

For the second question, he mentions that he has all melee x3, but doesn't mention the non-melees. My assumption is that he has single lives in the non-melee classes.

~Bill
    Both answers are correct.

You level to 15 as pdk and then use your +3 heart to sub out the levels for druid. You have to be PDK to take advantage of the Sylvanus aspect.

Community Member

Both answers are correct.

You level to 15 as pdk and then use your +3 heart to sub out the levels for druid. You have to be PDK to take advantage of the Sylvanus aspect.
    Gotcha! Thanks! Now I get it.

-Ozmar the Learning
    I can has no signature. Alas!

Community Member

Loving the build so far (only at level 18), however I found a limitation I did not know about...

So I have a universal tome but because the build uses so many enhancement trees I could not spend it, so I swapped the Nature's Warrior core for Falconry Core 1 and Practiced Accuracy x 1 (+1 to hit and +1 to confirm critical hits).

I double-checked and didn't see in the post what Epic Destiny it runs in, I assume LD?

Quote Originally Posted by lemiro View Post
    Loving the build so far (only at level 18), however I found a limitation I did not know about...

So I have a universal tome but because the build uses so many enhancement trees I could not spend it, so I swapped the Nature's Warrior core for Falconry Core 1 and Practiced Accuracy x 1 (+1 to hit and +1 to confirm critical hits).

I double-checked and didn't see in the post what Epic Destiny it runs in, I assume LD?
    Glad you are enjoying it! Glad people are still checking it out, was a ton of fun for me. Yes LD, I'll have to go back and edit the OP about destiny and twists.

As for that free racial point, you may be better off just sacrificing it as nature's warrior does provide a decent bit of extra dps iirc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12