Community Member

Default Will DDO ever support Windows 10 and DX12?

I upgraded and DDO doesnt work. I guess I should have expected that

So I google it and DDO is too old, yet there is no official solution I can find from the actual developers. I must now trust random internet people about installing software on my computer to make the game run

What new player is going to go through that nonsense?

What exactly is the issue you are trying to raise?

DDO won't install?
    DDO won't start up?
    DDO Graphics not working correctly?

I have Windows 10, Dx12, and no issues similar to what you are describing. Old installation and Fresh installation.

The only thing is I can't get Dx11 features on unless I update a Fresh installation of Windows 10 with the Dx Webinstaller to update Direct X first. Is that the issue you are having? Or completely something else? More info is needed to diagnose.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    I upgraded and DDO doesnt work. I guess I should have expected that

So I google it and DDO is too old, yet there is no official solution I can find from the actual developers. I must now trust random internet people about installing software on my computer to make the game run

What new player is going to go through that nonsense?
    I was gonna offer to help, but I'm feeling so random today!
    (this is a Microsoft arrogance backwards compatibility problem with DirectX, not a DDO problem, btw)

Community Member

I finally solved it - my problems is no official instructions for the developers that I could find, on how to make their old game work on new systems. Also seems suicidal business practice not to make you game work out of the box with latest windows, but hey its not their first choice like that i suppose